Sidearm trigger fires gunpod

JackHammer89

I don't know if this a bug, but I've had a "quirk" where when I select A2G master mode and then select my sidearm from the weapon select panel (under the MFCD). I get the growl and then the subsequent lock tones if there are SAMs, but when I pull the trigger to fire the sidearm it just fires the gun (even when you exhaust the gun ammo it doesn't fire them).

The work around I figured out was that you had to go to stores (LH MFCD) and select gun and the reclick the it selects SA(sidearm) and you can release them then. :helpsmilie:

If someone can verify if that's supposed to happen that'd be good.

Many thanks,

Jack

P.S. Well done RazBam this module is amazing!:pilotfly::D

I need to be clear on this:

You selected the sidearm with the Armament Control Panel.

Weapon was selected and working.

You tried to launch and instead you fired the gun.

I'll check that.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I need to be clear on this:

You selected the sidearm with the Armament Control Panel.

Weapon was selected and working.

You tried to launch and instead you fired the gun.

I'll check that.

Just had this as well Zeus, Ill attach the Track here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qQTTpqVLU0UeHbw6Sif-QqbK8YjyEkZs/view?usp=sharing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the time being select Sidearm via MPCD either on the STRS or RWR pages

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I have found that selecting the SIDEARM on the RWR Page (I usually prefer the DMT page) I have been able to fire the missile 100% of the time. Though the procedure for selecting and firing the missile is the same, it's just that you have to make sure GUN is not present, but only SA.

Selecting the Sidearm via Stores Page you will notice that GUN would still be present on the RWR/DMT Page (Top Right OSB). Clicking that would switch from GUN to SA and allow you to fire the Sidearm instead of the Gun itself.

A6IgsKJ.jpg

Note how I have SA selected via stores, but on the MPCD on the right has GUN on the top right of the screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Dying Embers can still start a fire"

-Western Han Dynasty

Sidearm ACP problem fixed

• 5 months later...

I'm having this issue after 2.5.1 Open beta update 1. Could this have returned with the armament panel corrections?

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

I'm having this issue after 2.5.1 Open beta update 1. Could this have returned with the armament panel corrections?

Confirmed, the same error has returned again. You can not fire the SA, just shoot the cannon. :doh:

Strange. Can you walk me through your procedure? I haven't really used the SA since EA release, so something might have changed along the way.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

Same issue here. Seems of late more is getting broken than fixed with each update. I spend more time combing through forums for solutions or discovering there isn't one, and then waiting for the next update, mostly 2 weeks at a clip, hoping it will correct the problem than I do flying these days. Apologies, just a little frustrating.

I am going to be a bit blunt here. ED - together with 3rd parties - you need to figure out a way to patch without breaking stuff all the time. I get that DCS is very complex, but It won't get easier for you or for us as new technology and new modules piles up. after the Mig21 it sort of started snowballing. Not even the old cast-iron modules like the A-10C and KA-50 are safe bets anymore. I guess it is a price to pay with an everevolving engine, but you guys are really smart prople. There must be better way to structure and handle this situation. Thx

Hi,

The Sidearm and Gun selection are working normally, .. and seem to be working as they have always done.

I can't find any problem with them.

This vid might help, for those unfamiliar with the selection process ..

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Thanks for the reply Tom, but the issue is not a case of being unfamiliar with the module. I have been flying the module since release. When I select the SA from the MFDP as I have always done, the cannon fires despite having Sidearm HUD symbol, tone and lock.

- Selecting GUN twice in Store or RWR - brings up SA. I get the SA HUD symbol, tone and lock with the sidearm - but the cannon fires when attempting to launch.

Thanks

Exactly, the SA missile is not working properly ... it fires the cannon and not the SA missile. I've tried it several times and on one occasion if it has fired the SA missile, but then it went back to malfunctioning and only fired the cannon. SA missile BUG

Edited by purpi