DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to wait till Christmas morning to see if you got any presents from Santa. ;)

oh yeah, dcs:hornet release day has been confirmed :D

What does this mean exactly?

i agree, what is that ? ▲

and what is Scale GUI at options page/window ?

TY

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

You have to wait till Christmas morning to see if you got any presents from Santa. ;)

oh yeah, dcs:hornet release day has been confirmed :D

Now you have jinxed the whole project with that statement! :P :)

I do believe the OB version from last week will go public today and

MAYBE we will see an update to 2.1 also...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Well Beta updated the downloader and then updated to 1.5.7.7631.314 Which I thought I already had? Okay I see they pushed a very little fix out on the 7th.

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

The today's stable version has some uninformed changes to some lighting properties or shadows... take a look at how shadows look now... I do believe they did not look like that yesterday on stable or open beta.

A couple of guys from my sim-group thought so too...

DCS Finland | SF squadron

The today's stable version has some uninformed changes to some lighting properties or shadows... take a look at how shadows look now... I do believe they did not look like that yesterday on stable or open beta.

I noticed rain looks different/better.

I noticed that since the previous update, so is not a new thing of the todays patch...shadowing is the same as the 2.1 version.

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

what is this?

Special trimmer mode for joysticks without spring and FFB added to Ka-50 special options
how it works?

I have a MSFFB2 and noticed no difference between what I currently use and this

thanks

Ok some things I noticed for sure so far:

• The lighting is different - I've noticed new reflections
  • The heatblur has been tweaked
  • The radio voices seem different (not sure about this one)
  • The windsocks caught my eye at the airbases - I'm not sure if this is an update
  • The new online options are awesome and livery editor is almost there
  • Nearly all my stutter problems have disappeared! Seriously I've never had such good performance!

Happy Bug Hunting!

like the new rain and snow. can't wait to see them on my plane's cockpit glass

livery selection is also great feature

and of course, mp server filters! i don't need to see passworded servers anymore

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124662&highlight=password

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm curious about something...

Say, the open beta branch for 1.5.x is meant to publicly test out bugs in the next build before releasing it as stable... Why then does ED clearly add items (and not disclosing them in the patch notes) into the subsequent Stable versions effectively rendering the beta bug testing useless, since the newly added items were never tested?

It's nice to have extra things, of course. But take the 1.5.7 open beta and the release version. The 1.5.7 beta was a working patch despite it's beta status. Now that stable version comes along, there are some additional changes that seem to break some parts of the game (server timeouts, random lag spikes, poor performance on some rigs).

Such changes should be added to the next open beta, and when they seem to work, then publish them as stable... What is the point of open beta if it is not used to give as a stable Stable version?

Food for thought.

Because ED has maybe 100 different Pc configurations to test and users 50.000?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I'm on vacation so I could not test yet. Version numbers for release and OB are exactly the same.

https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Is there really anything different between the two releases?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I'm on vacation so I could not test yet. Version numbers for release and OB are exactly the same.

https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Is there really anything different between the two releases?

That is because the open beta patched to the stable version. The Open beta released last week was different from the version it and stable are now.

Because ED has maybe 100 different Pc configurations to test and users 50.000?

But that is indeed the point! Why not put it to the openbeta version before putting it to stable release!? Because there are changes between the OB-version last week, and the Stable release this week.

ED doesn't have as many PC:s to test their changes on... that is why they should put changes to beta first... and not sneak the in to the release unannounced.

I'm curious about something...

Say, the open beta branch for 1.5.x is meant to publicly test out bugs in the next build before releasing it as stable... Why then does ED clearly add items (and not disclosing them in the patch notes) into the subsequent Stable versions effectively rendering the beta bug testing useless, since the newly added items were never tested?

It's nice to have extra things, of course. But take the 1.5.7 open beta and the release version. The 1.5.7 beta was a working patch despite it's beta status. Now that stable version comes along, there are some additional changes that seem to break some parts of the game (server timeouts, random lag spikes, poor performance on some rigs).

Such changes should be added to the next open beta, and when they seem to work, then publish them as stable... What is the point of open beta if it is not used to give as a stable Stable version?

Food for thought.

You're assuming any under the radar stuff isn't tested. Big assumption.

You're also assuming the public patch notes are the same used internally, and also be the ED Test Team (aka, the volunteers) don't see more stuff and don't have access to other non public builds with which to test.

You're assuming any under the radar stuff isn't tested. Big assumption.

You're also assuming the public patch notes are the same used internally, and also be the ED Test Team (aka, the volunteers) don't see more stuff and don't have access to other non public builds with which to test.

I think you are jumping to conclusions. I never assumed the under the radar additions are not tested, but rather, the base on which they are tested is small (= ED and volunteer testers) and could be larger since open beta arrangement is in effect and a lot of people use it. Point still is that the Stable version is not stable and in it was added features unannounced to the general public, undermining the reason for ED to have an open beta.

In short, this weeks patch appears as an open beta patch disguised as a Stable release. That is how it appears to the common consumer at this time.

• ED Team

Please use the PM system if you wish to discuss this between yourselves further.

ED is aware of the issues in the release version and they are working on it, software development is not an easy thing especially with something as complex as DCS and issues can slip through.

Please be patient while ED resolve them.

Thanks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2