Su-27 Bug: No radar when inverted <1500m

BlackPixxel

Chizh did you see that the radar is not working when inverted in vertical scan <1500m unless within 5 km?

Will it be changed to the 10 km you stated earlier?

Appart from that, ED should really reach out to real Su-27 or MiG-29 pilots about the inverted radar issue.

I now know from two pilots of aircraft using radars of this design that the inverted STT lock is possible. If you ask some SME you would certainly get the same response.

• 3 weeks later...
You are incorrect. In the all close combat modes: 3 Vertical, 4 Bore, 5 Helmet the radar lock is not lost in inverted flight, at 10 km and closer.

You said that radar should not lose lock when going inverted at ranges below 10km in close combat modes. I showed you evidence that this is not properly working in DCS, and that this range in DCS is just 5km.

Then you suddenly dissapear from the conversation :hmm:

Could we please have this radar behaviour fixed (at least the 10 km instead of 5 km)?

I am also asking you again to get in contact with a real MiG or Sukhoi pilot about this issue.

I can guarantee that a MiG pilot will tell you that this behaviour is wrong.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, we can only really compare with Flanker 2, LOMAC, FC2. Which are done by the same people so probably it will behave the same way. But I think asking for a fix is kind of far-fetched, FC3 has clearly fallen out of favor and they can't really sell bug fixes, so we will have to wait for the FF modules, IF they come.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

• ED Team
Yeah, we can only really compare with Flanker 2, LOMAC, FC2. Which are done by the same people so probably it will behave the same way. But I think asking for a fix is kind of far-fetched, FC3 has clearly fallen out of favor and they can't really sell bug fixes, so we will have to wait for the FF modules, IF they come.

if there was a bug we would fix it, so your claims are incorrect.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

if there was a bug we would fix it, so your claims are incorrect.

Hi BIGENWY,

was what BlackPixxel reported not recognized as a bug? Just double checking as there was no official response stating that this was/wasn't a bug.

I too love flying Russian jets, and it's sad to see them fall behind as other modules are taking over the DCS world.

Kind regards,

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

• ED Team
At least it should not happen in close combat modes (vertical scan, helmet sight etc.), as there the radar is definetly not roll stabilized.

But don't expect any fix for FC3. Support appears to have stopped.

As mentioned if it needs fixing it will be fixed. I know you are very annoyed, but saying support has stopped is incorrect.

We have your data here, Chizh has replied also, if there are any changes to be made we will let you all know.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To add to the absurdity of it all, so called full fidelity aircraft can fire active missiles from 50nm away, roll inverted, turn cold and the missile will still track to target by the kind of nonsense magic that was brought up nearly 2 years ago.

Well, check again, it might have ended with the latest patch.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

[...] I know you are very annoyed [...] if there are any changes to be made we will let you all know.

You know what's really frustrating? This kind of response.

There is plenty of information in this thread and the only response is "we're not going to fix it".

So, you know this is an issue? It can't be realistic or the thread would be marked as 'correct as is', right???

And please stop with that "thanks" BS after each message. Thanks for what? Wasting so much time on the forums just to be basically ignored? Yeah, thanks for that!