Large and blurry HUD with wide screen 32'

I use a 27" screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution and the HUDs of both Hornet and Viper are crisp. I attach a screenshot of the Viper HUD. The picture on screen is actually a bit better than what the screen shot shows.

454487614_F-16HUD.jpg.2783b8374ac9c5e23a211320512df80b.jpg

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

it is crisp when you zoom in, yes, but that's beside the point....

Negative. I was not zoomed in at all. I only cropped the screen shot.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Negative. I was not zoomed in at all. I only cropped the screen shot.

so... what you are saying exactly?

that there is no issue and we just made it up?

that the mod which has been created for 18 to fix it, was never necessary?

I really don't get it, please explain.

Saying 'works for me' doesn't really solve the problem for everyone else.

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

so... what you are saying exactly?

...that there is no issue and we just made it up?

No, I respect my fellow gamers. But if everybody had the blurred HUD it would be easier to find out what's wrong. With this situation it will be necessary to dig deeper. Maybe it's a question of graphics hardware or settings, who knows? I hope ED will engage to find out!

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Thats what you get from high antialiasing settings.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Thats what you get from high antialiasing settings.

negative, even with 0 AA, it's exactly the same

No, I respect my fellow gamers. But if everybody had the blurred HUD it would be easier to find out what's wrong. With this situation it will be necessary to dig deeper. Maybe it's a question of graphics hardware or settings, who knows? I hope ED will engage to find out!

fair enough, but if someone created a mod fixing it....should be common enough, right? :-)

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

...fair enough, but if someone created a mod fixing it....should be common enough, right? :-)

Did you try reducing the fuzziness in this line:

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

in the file "HUD_init.lua" under "...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\Displays\HUD\indicator"?

I could try it but my test result would not be meaningful for you, because the display is not blurry on my rig.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 7:05 AM, b0bl00i said:

It's the same in 3440x1440, all modules. Looks awful in the AH64D. Font is all bold and thick.

Same with viper.

hello. i just ran across this post. although i do not have an issue, i do have a suggestion. have you added a new monitor at some point without changing your config? you could try to rename your "options.lua" file and restart DCS. then see how it looks. 

i run ["height"] = 1440 and ["width"] = 3440. i have no such issues.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

16 hours ago, veenee said:

Thank you, I wil try in one day when I come back to DCS 🙂

come back and let us know. even though errors suck, reporting them here helps make the sim better. after all most of us play the open beta. good luck and clear skies.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I also have this issue with my ultra wide and it’s frustrating having to correct this for every patch. When will this be fixed already?

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2022 at 8:58 PM, veenee said:

Thank you, I wil try in one day when I come back to DCS 🙂

@veeneedid you manage to fix the issue? I dread the day when they will encrypt the files where I fix this by hand for every update

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle