Radar reset

bob_baer

You want to be in RWS with guns selected? I'm not actually sure you can exit GACQ with guns selected, since the jet assumes you want to use the radar for the radar-directed gunsight.

If you're getting stuck in GACQ after moving to a different weapon or mode, that's likely a bug.

Mmm the point is that acm is always on. Any idea how to undesignate it?

Are you in guns mode, or do you have a missile selected?

With a missile selected, or in Nav mode, hitting the Undesignate button on the stick should exit ACM mode.

When you have guns selected, the radar operates in a guns specific ACM mode called GACQ (Guns Auto Acquisition). I do not believe there is a way to return the radar to a search mode while guns are selected, or if there is, it isn't modeled yet (and I'm not sure why you'd want to).

In RWS,

"Select Gun": AA mode, gun funnel, and GACQ appears,

"Undesignate, Nose Wheel Steering Switch": goes back to RWS with settings same as before GACQ.

From GACQ you can also go to BORE, vertical VACQ, and WACQ as normal using sensor select up, down or left.

If you lose lock in an auto-acquisition mode it goes back to RWS. Pressing gun again doesn't bring the GACQ back, also not sure if bug. I just hit A/G master, then gun again (or use boresight which locks faster anyway).

Edited by Preendog