Launch and recovery cycle - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
stuartaston

Default Launch and recovery cycle

Hi Guys,
how long will it take to get the carrier from Launch to recovery cycle in game? Will this be scriptable...

TIA

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings FPS Bump in VR Shaders MOD for VR Making an IC compliant version of the Shaders MOD
stuartaston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
Pikey
Veteran

Same question. The video shows a launch configuration. How does the carrier get into recovery mode and clear the little men out the way?
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
Jackjack171

This is going to be so interesting!
Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:40 PM   #4
Weasel

With the amazing and fantastic deck crew it makes much more fun staying on the boat and just watching and taxiing
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:53 PM   #5
pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
With the amazing and fantastic deck crew it makes much more fun staying on the boat and just watching and taxiing
For real. That was amazing to watch. I can't lie. it was better than I expected.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:02 AM   #6
Shadow.D.

Quote:
The video shows a launch configuration.
Indeed, although the ships do not appear to be moving at all *cough* decksliding *cough*. Hoping to be wrong, but doesnt look like launch/recovery cycles (if there is such a thing implemented) include automated driving into the wind or speeding up... Again i would love to be wrong, but this video certainly doesnt allay my fears for this DLC. The animated cat shot looks great, dont get me wrong. But the rest of it to be looks like well placed statics, giving the sense of a launch cycle, with ships no moving and a calm sea state.

Last edited by Shadow.D.; 03-26-2020 at 12:07 AM.
Shadow.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
Larkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Same question. The video shows a launch configuration. How does the carrier get into recovery mode and clear the little men out the way?

I think when LSO script start they trigger the crew if Cat 3/4 to get out of the way. Or pilots need to ask for landing clearence to trigger that.
Larkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
dawgie79

Wags replied the following to someone in the commentsection on the YT Carrier Launch Ops vid.

Quote:
f the mission starts with static deck crew or aircraft in the landing area, a simple trigger can be created to de-spawn them. The "live" deck crew around the waist cats automatically moves off the box and behind the foul lines. Thanks
Also confirmed by Wags is that you would have yellow shirts directing the plane the entire way to the catapult and off the arresting gear to the parking area.

Glowsticks at night for marshalling at night confirmed as well.
Last two after EA.

Quote:
we'll include a key command cheat to get you on the correct cat location if needed.
Nice.

Last edited by dawgie79; 03-26-2020 at 03:11 PM.
dawgie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:42 PM   #9
stuartaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgie79 View Post
Wags replied the following to someone in the commentsection on the YT Carrier Launch Ops vid.

Also confirmed by Wags is that you would have yellow shirts directing the plane the entire way to the catapult and off the arresting gear to the parking area.

Last two after EA.

Nice.
hopefully it will despawn the airplanes as well...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings FPS Bump in VR Shaders MOD for VR Making an IC compliant version of the Shaders MOD
stuartaston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:01 PM   #10
Jackjack171

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgie79 View Post

Last two after EA.

Nice.
Great. Now people can stop taxing on deck with taxi/nav lights on! lol
Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote