(FA-18) sound folder stucture has once again changed...replaced with sound.edc

fitness88

RE:latest version OB 2.5.6.45317

So my in-cockpit sound mods are once again broken. With the last update that introduced sounds.edc I was able to use the saved games folder but I'm not sure that will work again.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by fitness88
RESOLVED

Update: I placed the mod files directly into saved games with the original folder structure instead of using OVGME [which places the files directly into DCS folders] and it now works again. You can't use OVGME to place sound files directly into the DCS folders.

Edited by fitness88

Update 2: I have a .lua file that needs to be placed directly into the DCS folder [OVGME works well in this case]. It seems that this particular .lua file is ignored when placed into the saved games, there are many .lua files that of course are seen in the saved games folder.

I think you can still use OvGME, but you must create 2 configs: 1 that targets the main DCS root folder and another that targets Saved Games.

Why would you need to use OVGME for saved games folders, once installed there they stay there? I'm presently manually putting all files that will work into saved games, the files that are ignored in saved games like what I mentioned above I put into OVGME.

Why would you need to use OVGME for saved games folders, once installed there they stay there?

When you face a dcs crash, it is useful to be able to quickly disable all Mods, both from the program folder and from the saved games one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB