Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

very good news, playable fast movers integrated in the DCS world will be a big surplus for MP. FC3 is a must have for me.

but pls ED : change the "old" 3D models for Mig 29 / su 27 / su 33 in FC3 !

the fastmovers in FC3 should have the same eye candy quality as the F15C imao.

cheers

• Like 1

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy it from the Ed/TFC shop.......Could not be any easier.

The comment was more in reference to the fact that having an obstacle that includes ordering a physical copy of a game online and installing it to play an add-on for another application seems like a lot of work in today's digital environment in which people are used to just hitting the buy button, installing something and then being able to play it. I don't mind myself because I'm totally dedicated to ED and the work they do, but having to explain how to get the game to my friends is going to end up with them not being bothered to jump through hoops just to play it - not good for a niche genre that wants to expand its market share to curious new-comers as much as possible.

Can't we just buy a CD key for our accounts for LOMAC that comes with FC3 as a package?

Edited by Mohamengina

That F-15C cockpit looks really good, but I do find the price to be too high for me since its otherwise the same old almost-10-year-old stuff again. I would love to get to fly the Lomac planes in DCSW but as I have already paid for them many times it doesnt seem worth it to pay that much yet again just for the compatibility (albeit with some welcome improvements, but not enough to justify the price for me).

I am mostly interested about the russian platforms anyway and I can imagine the feeling of testing that nice F15 cockpit and then going into the 10 year old Su27 pit again. I dont know if I would still have much enthusiasm to really fly it that much.

I might still buy it some day especially if the price drops, but not really that excited about the announcement.

As a cyborg, you will serve SHODAN well

http://www.kegetys.fi

What about Su-25 cockpit? Will by pay options?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=56137&page=20

leftpanel2.jpg

I think it's been some 5 years since they said they are working on new 3D models of MiG-29 and Su-27, although Su-25A did see integration into sim, MiG-29 and Su-27 did not... I can't believe these models are not finished, it has to be ED just don't want to integrate them (yet) or they don't want to mention it and go for surprise in FC3 (as they did say many new models)... but I doubt it :cry:

No longer active in DCS...

you do have 3rd party models available.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I am at a loss for words. There's too many interesting possiblies to comprehend atm.

With the resource management and new rocket physics, this pretty much means a new patch to DCS world. As they cannot be adjusted with the addon alone. New patch for all modules anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only partially understand the complaining about having to have a lock-on type product installed. This was the case for FC2, and it was always known that it would be this way for FC3. In this instance, at least it works with just Flaming Cliffs installed, so if you have FC2, there's no need to hunt down a copy of LOMAC.

In the UK, you can pick up Lock On at Maplin, and in places like PC World (where I got Black Shark of all places). I think it's cheaper than TFC's website.

I don't yet know if I'll buy FC3. It's not a question of value or anything like that for me, as it seems pretty much as expected in terms of price and content. I bought FC2 a few years ago, and that persuaded me to build my first PC at the start of 2011. I installed FC2, Black Shark and Warthog, and even though I was new to sims (I would say I still am), the only ones I found myself feeling the love for were the DCS products.

It seems I needed high fidelity right from N00B status.

In short, I'm not sure I'll buy it, because I'm not sure I'll play it.

DCS modules for me mainly.

Really 40$ for a new F15 model and a cockpit?

It's on par with the release of FC2 IMO

Edit:

and it's $40 for a new FC model, cockpit, and the ability to fly the remaining FC aircraft within the DCS World (although I wonder how many will choose A10A over A10C)

Not for DCS, remeber ED made all 3D models in different format? So if you want 3Go Su-27 in DCS World, they will have to redo it in new format.

The lom format should work in dcs world. It's the edm format that's not backwards compatible. We should be able to drop in the old format and it should* work. I remember a post about it somewhere. Can't find it now of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The lom format should work in dcs world. It's the edm format that's not backwards compatible. We should be able to drop in the old format and it should* work. I remember a post about it somewhere. Can't find it now of course.

I hope you're right :noexpression:

No longer active in DCS...

Regarding LOM-format models currently in development, you should proceed with development as normal, but add a specular map. The animation arguments will be backwards-compatible and will work in the new format.

It's a post from 2009. Cross fingers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to ask something obvious but no one broght it up. Since FC3 has advanced missile FM does the R-73 feature thrust vectoring? This would be a first for flight simulators. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P