AGM-65E and Laser Range Problems

Deano87

I've made this video to describe the issue. Yes I made it a while ago, I just forgot to post it here :doh:

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

from a video link, example youtube.com/watch?v=ANChMnbWA7Q, copy only the part after the =, the ANChMnbWA7Q.

Thanks!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too!

I'm hoping they will refresh the Laser code once the Laser maverick for the Hornet appears and the ATFLIR pod. I'll keep an eye on it and make another video if needs be.

Proud owner of:

In the first scenario the A-10C lasing is almost 80º offset from your position. Maybe the problem is because you are outside the maximum lasing cone.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

In the first scenario the A-10C lasing is almost 80º offset from your position. Maybe the problem is because you are outside the maximum lasing cone.

Thanks for your input but that’s a negative. In relation to this bug the aspect of the lasing aircraft doesn’t matter. The laser beam from the A-10 ends after 8 miles from the aircraft.. This is what the laser Maverick is locking on to. Notice that once the A-10 gets to within ~8 miles of the target the lasing works flawlessly.

I’ve done it with the lasing aircraft flying one mile abeam me and the same thing happens. If we are beyond 8 miles or so from the target the laser beam doesn’t actualy “reach” the target and the laser Maverick (and all laser guided weapons) will seek that floating end of the spot.

Watch my second attack in the video. Or even try it yourself. If you can get lasing to work from beyond 10 miles while the lasing aircraft stays at 10 miles+ form the target at all times I’d be very interested to see because I can’t get it to work.

Note: this bug would not have presented itself often before the laser mav as it’s the first laser guided weapon we’ve had that has that kind of range. I’ve had lasering weirdness before when trying to buddy lase for other A-10s and retrospectively the laser having an 8 mile range is clearly the issue.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

A fix would be welcome!

At least a hotfix: "weapon won't track if the target painted is further away than 8.5nm" could be prudent. :)

I can appreciate the difficulty of simulating the range of the laser beam though, under changing conditions.

A fix would be welcome!

At least a hotfix: "weapon won't track if the target painted is further away than 8.5nm" could be prudent. :)

I can appreciate the difficulty of simulating the range of the laser beam though, under changing conditions.

It worked fine until a few months ago when they introduced this bug.