R-27EA in LOFC2?

So you're saying that you don't like to fly with mods that enable the aircraft to use weapons that they cannot use.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so until I see real Su-27S (Flanker B) equipped with N001VEP (latest and final N001 upgrade as there's no room left for upgrading a 30+ year old design) firing R-77 and hitting a drone I'll keep away from editing default FC2 payload options.

Or until we get a DCS:Su-27SM or DCS:Su-35BM equipped with Bars or Irbis radars there's no R-77 fired from a plane that "looks" like a Flanker.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Theres news that one or more online squads might allow hacked weapons, such as R-27EM's with R-77 seekers. While I would be curious to face that fictitious threat, the SIM might face the same fate as IL2 when it got hacked by unscrupulous players willing to win at any cost.

Its a shame really.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

They have right to do whatever they want to within limits of their server, people will decide either go there or not :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, but once the MOD is released to the wild... :)

My PC specs below:

Theres news that one or more online squads might allow hacked weapons, such as R-27EM's with R-77 seekers. While I would be curious to face that fictitious threat, the SIM might face the same fate as IL2 when it got hacked by unscrupulous players willing to win at any cost.

Its a shame really.

It is =4c=, Pilotasso, there is no need to hesitate in mentioning our name. It was already mentioned in Crunch's post earlier in this thread.

We have been working on a R-27EA hypothetical scenario for a long time and are now inviting various squads and other members for a closed testing session on Saturday evening. We will work very patently and closely with long-time FC/DCS simmers to determine viability and playability of our mod.

We will inform you all about our activities in this manner in few weeks.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

@GG

Personally I would like to look at it on a case by case baisis. I would not want a AIM-54 on a Flanker, but hypothetically to me a R-277AE or R_77 on a Flanker, while not factual, is plausible in a hypothetical senario.

@Pilot

You will need the mod in order to fly on a server that uses the mod. You can then file check as before. Using the mod does not increase risk of cheating etc.

No offensive Gupyzer, but, to tell someone, who flys very good, in FC2.0 over YEARS, with such a post, is not gona work. And as I know what enemy you are on the server (104th), sorry to say, but you are far off from FLANKENERATOR...

And youre tactic, is not that fancy either....

Im sure there is plenty more you could learn from Flankerator. ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys, such an honor for me to get credits from one of the Very best Su-27 drivers on one hand, and from the scariest F-15 driver ever, on the other. :thumbup:

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Okay. Hypothetically, an AIM-54C or PAC-3 is plausible on an F-15C in a hypothetical scenario, too. How about it? :D

@GG

Personally I would like to look at it on a case by case baisis. I would not want a AIM-54 on a Flanker, but hypothetically to me a R-277AE or R_77 on a Flanker, while not factual, is plausible in a hypothetical senario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Not when your running at 800 miles an hour, the turn rate SUX. :D

My PC specs below:

Can we get this missile on the F-15? I got photos

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/ASAT/F15ASAT.html

72-2.jpg

f15asat2.jpg

Oh and we need satellite to shoot at

:D just playing

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It is =4c=, Pilotasso, there is no need to hesitate in mentioning our name. It was already mentioned in Crunch's post earlier in this thread.

We have been working on a R-27EA hypothetical scenario for a long time and are now inviting various squads and other members for a closed testing session on Saturday evening. We will work very patently and closely with long-time FC/DCS simmers to determine viability and playability of our mod.

We will inform you all about our activities in this manner in few weeks.

When I said I was curious I meant it, when is the challenge taking place?

My PC specs below:

Okay. Hypothetically, an AIM-54C or PAC-3 is plausible on an F-15C in a hypothetical scenario, too. How about it? :D

Like I alluded to earlier.... sure. You just need to bring out DCS: SS-18 "Satan" and then follow that up with the compatibility patch to have any fun with with PAC-3. And Have fun with the tankers and AWACS with the AIM-54 already. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has the R-77 and 27EA ever been test fired from a Su-27?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

27EA never made it past mock up stages. The 77 was tested on both airframes, the 29 and 27... Granted they were modified for it.

OK, so the all the jets would have to go through modification in order to carry the 77, which would cost how much money. The EA was only a mock up and was never fired. But people think it works like this and that with it never being tested? In theory all that sounds great, but in reality who knows...

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• 9 years later...

OMG this is a blast from the past...

My PC specs below:

Are those Russian pilots whom you have contact with telling the truth? because I remember reading in a World War 2 book about a captured German general (who fought on the eastern theatre and who was interviewed by the US after US seized control of Germany) saying that "Whatever that has been written about Russia is nonsense". This was said in relation to Germans' underestimating the strength of the Red Army in the number of battalions they had and subsequently perishing to the Red Army.

Yes, I know this post is from 2011 etc. But that quoted thing just reminds from one thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZNMPRhrT8

Where Hitler himself says in 1942 about how he would have laughed earlier that if someone would have said Soviet Union to have over 50 000 tanks that they have destroyed... Or something.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.