Must see for the P-47 fans!

Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

I could listen to guy's like that all day.

Thanks for sharing this. :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Sorry, I haven't been able to watch the video yet. The answer to this question might be in the video. Are you sure the belly tank wasn't napalm? The first use of napalm was mixed and delivered in standard belly tanks with a phosphorus igniter. Nape is essentially gasoline and moth balls mixed together. My two freshman chemistry (tailored course for engineering students) professors were the inventors of napalm who worked for Dupont (IIRC-it's been a lot of years!) in the 1940s.

Not napalm, as He specifically says in the video it was fuel and the paper tanks would burst covering the train cars in 150 octane fuel and next fella would shoot it igniting it from the API round.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Sorry, I haven't been able to watch the video yet. The answer to this question might be in the video. Are you sure the belly tank wasn't napalm? The first use of napalm was mixed and delivered in standard belly tanks with a phosphorus igniter. Nape is essentially gasoline and moth balls mixed together. My two freshman chemistry (tailored course for engineering students) professors were the inventors of napalm who worked for Dupont (IIRC-it's been a lot of years!) in the 1940s.

I've never read anything about Napalm being used in Europe during WWII, what he said sounds completely credible...

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

"Don't complain about the French, they take care of our dead . . . now if you want to complain about Parisians, well that is okay, because Parisians don't even like other French, only other Parisians"

Love that line, have been to those areas (thought not directly in them) and the folks in the French countryside do great honor by our local folks buried there.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

"Don't complain about the French, they take care of our dead . . . now if you want to complain about Parisians, well that is okay, because Parisians don't even like other French, only other Parisians"

Love that line, have been to those areas (thought not directly in them) and the folks in the French countryside do great honor by our local folks buried there.

Just to put things into perspective, the French Army lost more men in less than two weeks than the USA in the whole of the Vietnam war, that's for the "surrendering" part we can read from time to time in diverse forums.

As a Parisian, I hope you didn't visit Paris recently because it's been mismanaged so bad over the past 30 years that it is not a place where I'd like to be today...

I knew a lot of vets when I was living there, due to the fact that I come from a French Resistance family, from left to right, they all had a lot of respect for the US servicemen and women.

Edited by Thinder

I've never read anything about Napalm being used in Europe during WWII, what he said sounds completely credible...

Watch this video:

At the 34 minute mark they talk about using napalm on tiger tanks... some great footage as well!

Just to put things into perspective, the French Army lost more men in less than two weeks than the USA in the whole of the Vietnam war, that's for the "surrendering" part we can read from time to time in diverse forums.

As a Parisian, I hope you didn't visit Paris recently because it's been mismanaged so bad over the past 30 years that it is not a place where I'd like to be today...

I knew a lot of vets when I was living there, due to the fact that I come from a French Resistance family, from left to right, they all had a lot of respect for the US servicemen and women.

Sir,

By invoking the statements of the gentlemen in the video, and reinforcing what I myself have seen personally in France, French people honor American War dead, as if they were their own, this includes various cemeteries from WWI also. I am always touched by this. His statement about Parisians was humorous within the context of his experiences, and I found amusing, as it could be applied here in the States to many places, for example Texas. I personally have never been to Paris, mostly to regions outside of Troyes, and through Belgium, Luxembourg, and areas of Northern France. My daughter has been to Paris, and loved the city!

My Uncle was in the first waves onto Normandy, Utah beach. He survived that, then fought at Bastogne, wounded, and continued to fight on well into Germany proper. He always remembered the folks of France fondly. I echo your sentiment in regards to how my Uncle viewed his French counterparts.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

All i can say is when my ODA went to Normandy it was amazing, i never was welcomed so fondly by other human beings on this planet. Amazing people, now the stereotype of some folks in Paris holds true the times i have been their. But that is like any where in the world. Normandy region though, those people are amazing, Hands down.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Excellent. Thanks Thinder.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

That was amazing video! Really loved his life experience and -story. Amazing pilot and the sadness of loosing his close friends, damn!

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

"I've never heard about napalm being used in Europe."

"The first recorded strategic use of napalm incendiary bombs occurred in an attack by the US Army Air Force on Berlin on 6 March 1944, using American AN-M76 incendiary bombs with PT-1 (Pyrogel) filler.[15][16] The first known tactical use by the USAAF was by the 368th Fighter Group, 9th Air Force Northeast of Compiègne, France 27 May 1944 [17] and the British De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VIs of No. 140 Wing RAF, Second Tactical Air Force on 14 July 1944, which also employed the AN-M76 incendiary in a reprisal attack on the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division "Götz von Berlichingen" in Bonneuil-Matours. Soldiers of this Waffen SS unit had captured and then killed a British SAS prisoner-of-war, Lt. Tomos Stephens, taking part in Operation Bulbasket, and seven local Resistance fighters. Although it was not known at the time of the air strike, 31 other POWs from the same SAS unit, and an American airman who had joined up with the SAS unit, had also been executed.[18]"

What a fantastic story teller, and what amazing stories he has to tell.

I would most certainly indulge all the men he flew with as much 5 mile high ice cream as they'd care to enjoy. My eternal gratitude goes to them.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1