[REPORTED] Can't select Set Target on enemy unit

ChickenSim

I don't know if I'm missing something but if I Set Target on an existing enemy unit that appears on the F10 map, I can't reselect the Set Target icon, it just selects the enemy unit underneath instead.

Makes it really hard to cancel a fire mission if I can't select the Set Target to Remove Target, and I'm not aware of any hotkeys to cycle through existing targets, select multiple entities on the F10 map at once, or anything that might help. Pored through the manual and the Adjust Controls menu.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It depends, it works for ground units (don't know about SAMs), but not for air units

Yesterday I had the bug.

I targeted some sam sites with my 109 battery. Unfortuneatly the were out od range. I could not deselect the targets.

It was on a mp server.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't know if I'm missing something but if I Set Target on an existing enemy unit that appears on the F10 map, I can't reselect the Set Target icon, it just selects the enemy unit underneath instead.

Makes it really hard to cancel a fire mission if I can't select the Set Target to Remove Target, and I'm not aware of any hotkeys to cycle through existing targets, select multiple entities on the F10 map at once, or anything that might help. Pored through the manual and the Adjust Controls menu.

Hi, exactly what weapons and kind of target are you talking about?..:)

If I knew I'd run tests.

• 1 month later...

Still an issue for me. Using Paladins I cant select the fire mission once it's down. I usually try to zoom in and select the ground as the target to mitigate the issue but if I'm zoomed out a bit too much the Arty target 'snaps' to a unit, but I cannot then select it to cancel etc. If I'm on the ball, and notice, I cancel the target before right clicking and starting the fire. 

• 1 year later...