ACMI for Lockon

So do you use this in the same way you would use the telemetry in driving sims like GTR - to (say) see where you're scrubbing off speed by pulling to many G or turning in to fast during pursuit etc?

Cheers.

Maybe, but the real application is in reviewing fights and especially team tactics etc, as well as performance of your wingmen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Why is there no french version of THIS forum?

From memory without going back to it, & from my very crap french - it apparently uses the log files to display information on the flight of a - or a group of - planes for analysis (like the telemetry analysis packs used in F1 racing or that comes with GTR or other driving sims. The links give a couple of sample displays.

Seems it was designed for 1.02, but still works for 1.12, though some functions are lost because the data is no longer in the files.

went back & found this:

http://lomac.strasoftware.com/pictures/acmi-example.jpg

Cheers.

Air combat manoe...manoeu....manuv.....dammit! It's a system of telemetry that records aircraft position in a designated area, and allows the simulation of missile firings etc. It records all of this for post flight debriefing and playback. There is a link to some more info on this on the above mentioned site (I at least managed to get that far). Something like that. IMHO all sims should have it built in. To have something like this available for Lock On would be very, very nice.

So...is it?

From my limited command of french:

This is still in development, and is not yet released for download, but it -will- be.

I suspect it uses a LUA export plus the mp_log file or whatever else to draw the flight paths plus extract events.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I see someone is still a TAW fan LOL

Yeah the ACMI in TAW was the biz. It will be good to see how this project works out. I think it will be a great feature and could also be used to spot any bugs or exploits. Better than using track files IMO. :thumbup:

Does LUA let you know when you dispense a flare? I know you cant get it from the mp_log file.

What a sweet project. A massive amount of work.

Yes and no, it's a weapon subcategory, you can probably figure out who launched it by doing a proximity search.

The event itself is not recorded I think ... unless he records the appropriate key input somehow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From my limited command of french:

This is still in development, and is not yet released for download, but it -will- be.

I suspect it uses a LUA export plus the mp_log file or whatever else to draw the flight paths plus extract events.

Exactly !

ACMI

Hi Guys,

I cannot tell you everything for now, but I can let you know that:

• Yes, I'm using export.lua to gather data
  • So, you need at least Lock-On 1.1 (Flamming Cliff) to export ACMI logs
  • A public beta version of my product will surely be available before Black-Shark ;)

• Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Hi Guys,

I cannot tell you everything for now, but I can let you now that:

• Yes, I'm using export.lua to gather data
  • So, you need at least Lock-On 1.1 (Flamming Cliff) to export ACMI logs
  • A public beta version of my product will surely be available before Black-Shark ;)

LOL! NEVER! *gets cracking on BS!* Faster ED, faster! ;)

Very good news Vyrtuoz, thank you for doing this work - it will be a much used and appreciated tool for LOMAC :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

:shocking: hmmm very interesting! How will it work? I dont know much about LUA export. Will it need to be run at the same time as the game or can it be used after the mission is over?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

At the moment, it works with tracks.

I guess the final version will work the same way.

If you plan to watch your flight in the ACMI, once the mission is over, press "record track" instead of "fly".

can't wait to see the final version :)