Seeming lack of power despite instrument indications

SMH

Primer pump was locked correctly in the replay. SMH even pointed it with the cursor, so we can see it being locked.

Please read his post again. This surging, was not in the posted track.

Also, the only time I tried taking off without waiting for oil pressure to normalize, I had weird surging of the turbo. (Not sure why those two systems would be related. The engine and turbo have different oil systems, I believe.)

It is coming because ED stated that for full engine DM we need to wait for P-47 being fully developed.

I did full warm up of the engine, in this mission with no problems.

You used "EA" as explanation for the lack on a proper engine damage model.

And the Anton is the prove that EA is not a clear border. And why does the yak have to wait for the anton and the jug to be finished? It is embarrassing. So much time passed already yet modules don't get finished... I'm drifting, that is a different topic.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Please read his post again. This surging, was not in the posted track.

You used "EA" as explanation for the lack on a proper engine damage model.

And the Anton is the prove that EA is not a clear border. And why does the yak have to wait for the anton and the jug to be finished? It is embarrassing. So much time passed already yet modules don't get finished... I'm drifting, that is a different topic.

Fox

Honestly, they need to get the thermal model nailed down before they start implementing engine damage due to overheating. Last flight I tested you basically need full open cowl flaps to keep the engine within limits at 200 mph IAS at 2550/41". Given that you need to close the cowl flaps above 225 IAS, that implies an issue with the cooling model.

Basically if the thermodynamics cook the engine before you get off the ground, we're going to get a lot less out of this that we would with an invulnerable engine.

Basically if the thermodynamics cook the engine before you get off the ground, we're going to get a lot less out of this that we would with an invulnerable engine.

Actually engine temps looks good on ground right now.

But in flight, there is serious problem, when above 225 IAS Cowl flaps should be closed, but if you do it heads temps shoot out to skies :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

It's not the MP or RPM that are low. Just my airspeed and climb rate. It's like there's phantom drag. It also seems to improve when I lower the gear and flaps to try to land. Suddenly I start *gaining* speed! Almost like the drag effect of raising the flaps and/or gear gets reversed somehow.

I was following an AI controlled P-47 while we were cruising at 8,000 ft and ~270mph. I had no trouble keeping up with the AI but about 45min into the flight I noticed that if I went full throttle and full prop pitch I would start slow down. So much so that with MP and Prop RPM both at redline my airspeed dropped to below 150mph. Engine temps were all in the green. I think this might be related.

Is it possible that with Early Access the instrument gauges aren't accurately reporting the health of the engine?

• 3 weeks later...