Is there some useful views in NS430?

Jyge

I have the module already for awhile, now I tried it really for the first time. I switched it on in Mi-8 could not figure it out and had to do the unthinkable - read the manual and watch the tutorials. I was appalled by this outrage, I normally do not have to sink so deep. Anyway, after awhile enduring the monotonous tutorials, I tried it again and was not much more enlightened.

At least, it seems to get the flight plan from the mission so one does not need to type it all in. I still keep on wondering on couple of things.

The map view is pretty much useless and the default window is cluttered with plenty of crappola. I wonder what is the purpose of the "deviation window" - it shows absolutely no needle to steer towards. The closest I get for some advice how to get to the next waypoint is by trying to match the TRK and DTK figures. It's a little bit unpractical as the the TRK is a derived value and as such always with some lag.

Then the second thing is - I can apparently switch of the automatic WP-change, which is supposedly such an important function that it needs an own button, but there seems to be no simple way of manually just skip the current WP and go towards the next waypoint. The problem is that the automatic switch requires you to get pretty close to the WP before switching.

I do not know if this is really based on a real Garmin or so, but the interface is destined to steer you straight on a mountain.

I would really appreciate a similar mod, featuring a simple pilot's private iPad and google maps.

I tried to search the Youtube, but nobody has really bothered making one simple tutorial that shows the essential and the benefit of the whole thing.

I would really appreciate a similar mod, featuring a simple pilot's private iPad and google maps.

As it happens...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3779413

It might not be exactly what you asking for, but if you have an app on your iPad that can receive NMEA information and feed the iPads own GPS with it, overriding real positioning, you have what you're asking for. I'm not an Apple person and have no idea if this is possible on Apple products.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I tried to search the Youtube, but nobody has really bothered making one simple tutorial that shows the essential and the benefit of the whole thing.

I found this video pretty good - though it's not a tutorial as such.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I found this video pretty good - though it's not a tutorial as such.

Thx, that has actually good tips for setting up the map page. I am still wondering - even in this video they had on the default page the arrow on the deviation window. Is it something that I just can not see in VR?

Also the question, what is the quickest way to switch between waypoints in the flight plan?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've also been looking around for video tutorials and tbh can't find that many.

Here is a pretty good one that I found today. It's using the GNS430 from X-Plane 11 so there are some slight differences but the overall procedures are the same.

Disregard the radio info at the start as they are not yet implemented in the DCS module. Will be handy later when they are though I guess.

Perhaps a dedicated thread for tutorial vids would be good?

Edited by Hunter_5E