FreeTrack and A-10C (64bt) HeadTracker Implementation

still nowt

thanks for all your advice,I had at least been doing everything right it seems,but still nothing when I start the game,freetrack seems to be working great and it is running in background,headtracker folder with prefs and dll. inside bin folder but still no cigar:cry:

I think its time I stopped flogging this dead horse and admit defeat.:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to all of you contributing to making Freetrack work!

Since I got Freetrack to work under 64bit (using the dlls etc.) I encountered a problem I did not have when using 32: The zoom/longitudinal axis position seems to reset every say 10 secs. This means when my nose is very close to the HUD for some strafing, my pilot gets his back velcroed to the seat again. Under 32 bit I never had this problem. Anybody have an idea on how to solve it?

Since I got Freetrack to work under 64bit (using the dlls etc.) I encountered a problem I did not have when using 32: The zoom/longitudinal axis position seems to reset every say 10 secs. This means when my nose is very close to the HUD for some strafing, my pilot gets his back velcroed to the seat again. Under 32 bit I never had this problem. Anybody have an idea on how to solve it?

happens also without DCS? so the freetrack skull is resetting?

Or maybe are there other axes which are assigned for the view system?

Sorry to be a pain, but there are so many threads to read from and take advice on i have become very confused.

i recently looked into buying TrackIR5 but after seeing the price i have decided to have a go at making my own freetrack device.

I have all the components ready to order, in order to make it but im holding off for the moment.

my concern is that i have windows 7 64bit, and i have heard in various places that freetrack is not compatable with this, my simmulators are BS and LOFC2.

Getting the components isnt the problem, but instead wether i can get the software to work on my 64bit W7 :S

My question is basically: can i get freetrack to work? or will it be alot of hassle and effort. Im only worried because im not a computer wiz, im more used to just following an install wizard rather than fiddling with downloads and files :S

I will be very grateful for any help

thank you

oh and btw i have installed freetrack 2.2 already to make sure it works. it seems ok except one or to freezes, but runs fine in the backround when i turn lockon on.

but like i said i have no camera or LED equipment yet thats on hold.!

Edited by HOKUM52

You should have no problems making it work. The things you've been hearing/reading is that Free-track is not currently a 64bit application so it will have issues working with true 64bit games (which I'm only aware of DCS Warthog as the only one, but this has been solved using the dll-files mentioned in this thread).

In summary: You should have no issues getting free-track to work. I've been using it in a 64bit system since 3 years and it has always been working great! Good luck!

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

It is as good as, if not better than TIR, but it requires more work to get set up. That's what it comes down to. If you want something that's plug and play, get TIR. If you want to save some money and spend some time, you can't go wrong with freetrack. Quality-wise they're the same.

Ya, only 2.1 will work with win 7 64bit for me for some reason and the dill file seams to be working because when I load A-10 it locks out all my view controls so I know it must be trying to work but since I am using 2.1 it just doesn't. I get no head movement, just locked out in cockpit view controls.

• 2 weeks later...

Help!

Hey guys, I need some help over here.

My system is a Windows 7 64 Bits.

I've downloaded the FaceTracking API, FaceTrackNoIR 1.3 and FaceTrackNoIR Update 1.5.

The cam is a PS3 eye and is working just fine at Windows.

The API installs but I can't access the application. I could install FaceTrackNoIR 1.3 but it doesn't run, telling that the QtCore4.dll doesn't exists, but it exists. And the 1.5 update doesn't work bcos the same problem.

Do you know how could I solve the problem?