canopy glass

dooom

so i just flew teh p-51 for the first time in a looong while. I note that the canopy glass is kind of disappointing in terms of clarity.

when did this start and is there a clean glass mod people can point me to to fix this? i checked user files and found none in there....

thanks for any help.

S!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Yea those fake reflections are awful. There is a clean canopy mod. I can’t remember who’s mod it is but there is one floating around. You’ll have to do a good search to find it. I recommend combing through the P51 forum. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can just delete the reflections texture (might void integrity check) or increase the opacity of it (if you have the right tools). If you can't find anything, come back here.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

hey doom. pm send.

@ magic zach: thanks alot for your pm about the description .lua! lot's of new info to me in it. super helpfull!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

couldn't reply via pm, it said you either cannot receive, or allow pm's to be send to you...

Edited by voodooman

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that i had uploaded wrong refection file (that i had made for testing reflection effecting fps) in this mod. new mod with 2 canopy tint options and 3 reflections is in the link. hopefully everyone can make reclections that feels ok to them with this mod. sorry about the hassle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wdj2z037sqzxcd/Mustang%20VR%20Canopy.zip?dl=0