SimShaker for DCS World - Sound Mode Expansion fundraising campaign

Hi pilots!

I'm a software developer. My passion is to develop applications for digital simulators. One of my apps is 'Simshaker', that can work with popular simulators such as DCS World, iRacing an Assetto Corsa. SimShaker software receives row telemetry data from the simulator game and processes the data with inner logic to send vibrations to the user's body at appropriate time and place via vibrating cushion at user's chair.

qakuylcvbfa9yzdmfour.jpg

Now Simshaker works with Gametrix vibe cushions, as you can see in the picture above. I know that DCS World virtual pilots who own the Gametrix vibe cushion enjoy SimShaker (formely ibaEffects) a lot. It helps them to control the aircraft by the seat of their pants. I also know that there are many pilots who don't have the Gametrix device, but do have Buttkicker-like sound mode device, and we can make those devices work with DCS World much better, using the simulator's telemetry data. Using an alernate sound device to output low freq. audio, we can feel the rumbling and vibration of the aircraft; rather than through vibration via the game sounds.

81.jpg?1359702820

I love especially those takeoffs.... You are getting faster and faster along the runway, feeling the aircraft rumbling more and more.... nose gear up... and... oh my God! silence! I'm airborn!

Read more and contribute here

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/simshaker-for-dcs-world-sound-mode-expansion

:thumbup:

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Donated... Look forward to purchasing the KW908 as well :)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Cool!

Will you add support for new modules when they are released? E.g. F-14 or an AH-1W

I would love to add :thumbup:

If you are interested to be a test pilot, I would code effects for those birds. Is it a deal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good work Andre, donation added.

:thumbup:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I currently use two Aura bass shakers. This is very interesting for me as well. I'll donate for sure!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

because we're the best people on planet :D

and modest !

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

some questions

Hi!

Great project! However, I saw very limited options for the non FC3 planes, some planes are not even there yet, much less options and no sliders to set the strength of the effects. Are you still working on these and possibly other options and effects? Are there any limitations that make implementing some effects impossible for some planes? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere already.

Also, I can´t activate more than one soundcard at a time, I guess this is a windows´ related limitation. I assume you will program the software in such a way that eliminates that problem so that more than one sound card can be used at the same time? I also read somewhere that the frequency output on normal soundcards is limited in such a way that very low frequencies are not supported (something like not lower than 20 or 40 Hz). Won´t that be a problem as well or is it software rather than hardware related?

I´m using a USB wireless headset (like many others I suppose) could that be a problem?

Last thing, I came acros this thing a while ago which seems impressive but can´t do anything with DCS, is what you are making similar/same to this?

http://bffsimulation.com/BFF_Shaker.php

Thanks for all the info and efforts.

Cheers!

Geert

Hi Geert,

thanks for your questions.

You can't see some planes in tables because no one has asked to implement effects for them yet :)

As for me, I fly Su-25T, Su-27, Su-33 and A-10A.

Sliders to set the strength of the effects are common for the first and second tab-pages.

Yes, I still developing this application, adding options, planes and effects.

You are right, there are some limitations in DCS World that make implementing some effects impossible for some planes. For example, I couldn't implement air speed brake vibes for A-10s because telemetry data for A-10 speed brake are absent.

I don't have yet all the answers about sound card and headphones using. It requres time and efforts to get into details and implement the solution. That's why I have started the campaign.

Yes, this project has something in common with http://bffsimulation.com/BFF_Shaker.php.

For more information I would also recommend you to have a look at this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&goto=newpost

and some posts at my blog http://sim-pit.blogspot.ru/search/label/English

The main part of discussion followed the project development took place in russian here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79326&goto=newpost

Kind regards,

Andrey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andre,

i coudnt find the planes which were supported by your new project. Can you support the Bf 109 do you have it still implented in iba effect?

In my current setup I use a USB Headphone(with integrated soundcard) and my normal on board soundcard with two aura interactors via virtual audio cabel.

tx

Christian

Hello Christian,

Yes, Bf-109 is currently supported at SimShaker and I can add some more effects by request.

You can see more information here http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker.html

and here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&page=9

Kind regards,

Andrey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is very interesting.

I thought buttkicker products are plug'n'nplay with dcs? That's why you pay the $$$ no?

What is needed for this type of "sound FFB" anyway? A subwoofer driver (I guess that's what the actual membrane is called), an amplifier and a sound card?

So if you had the software, could you make your own hardware system?

This is very interesting.

I thought buttkicker products are plug'n'nplay with dcs? That's why you pay the $$$ no?

What is needed for this type of "sound FFB" anyway? A subwoofer driver (I guess that's what the actual membrane is called), an amplifier and a sound card?

So if you had the software, could you make your own hardware system?

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]