Will VKB and VirPil ever get their stuff together?

ElCuco68

So, I've been patiently waiting for months for either one of these two to start actually offering their products for sale. I've been checking about twice a week, every now and then seeing an update that's gone from stating thuff will be available, let's see, first it was July, then August, then September, and now it's "to be determined". I'm done. I'm getting a TM Warthog, and either sticking with it, or getting an FSSB Lightning if I decide to upgrade.

There's really no excuse for this. It's one thing if you occasionally fall behind, but leading everyone on for months (or years, for all I know), then saying "we really have no idea when this product we've been advertising will be available" is unacceptable. There's no problem that a company that manufactures and sells in-demand products at a premium price can't overcome. There's obviously a positive cash flow, and the potential for plenty more, and shortcomings in production speed respond to the generous application of money. It takes money to make money, so spend it,keep your customers happy, and you will no doubt bring in more. This reeks of incompetence, or at least an aversion to risk that suggests a lack of business acumen.

Edited by ElCuco68

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

There's always used Warthogs on Ebay for a decent price LOL. I just checked their website for kicks, they have rudder pedals. I think they are shipping most of their stock within Russia and the EU. Either that or they went through a really elaborate ruse to say they moved to a new production facility.

I'm definitely in the market to try their stuff, especially the renders that I saw. But they are just renders. Who knows when they will have their throttles.

From a business perspective they have to be careful. Once they satisfy their market it's pretty much gone for 5 years unless their stuff breaks a lot. There are people on these threads who have been using their Warthogs for years. High end flight sim controllers are a niche within a niche.

I would really like to try their analog brake lever for the Spitfire and the Yak but they need to actually be available. Doesn't inspire confidence for long term replacement parts either. I wish them luck though. They've gotten a lot of positive feedback.

Most people myself included were able to get a virpil no problem. Just checked the website and it says in stock so not sure whats wrong. Is this an availability issue in the US or something?

VKB is known to be a nightmare to actually get the product (I wouldnt bother with them as it takes ages, and then if something goes wrong...) but Virpil I thought have a great rep in that regard.

It took me about a month to get my order.

If you can hang on or get hold of a VKP or Virpil though I do advise you do so, as they are a new/next generation of flight stick, and far superior to the old warthog

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I'm in the same boat. I'd like either a VKB or Virpil. I'm borrowing some money from my bank to get a stick. If all that's available when I get the money is a Warthog then that's what i'll buy. Right now i'm trying to fly the F/A-18 with a VKB Gladiator Mk2 and it's not working. I need way more buttons and switches. Plus, a ministick for TDC.

I'll be selling the Gladiator when I get another stick. It's a week old and great for WW2 planes.

btw..I know where to get the VKB pedals at a better price than at VKB. $219 with free shipping.

Buzz

It's terrible customer service, ED should have a word with them.

They can't be bothered to post updates on DCS forums, like this one in their EU website a month ago, I don't know what it is, but its probably they don't give 2 rats about their customers.

"Gladiator. Standard version of Gladiator Mk.II (non-Pro) will be on sale on the 1st of October.

Pro version will not be available for this year. Future availability is not yet known"

So bottom line, if you're waiting for any Pro version it seems it might never come. That's what I read in the above.

I hate to say it but spend your hard earned $$$ else where, no point waiting this year.

My Pre Orderd VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro EN Grip is now in stock & paid for :-) Should get it early next week. Also my Virpil VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle has been displached & is in transit. Should get it towards the end on this week

:thumbup:

Flight sim hardware heaven inbound.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

About gunfighter Mk.II in Europe:

This product is not currently in stock. Reservation is planned to be open in mid-October. The next batch is expected to be in stock in November/December 2018.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I'm after a Gunfighter Pro with the MCG pro grip for ages.

What is everyone else after from VKB?

I would be happy to place a good deposit down to cover costs and I'm sure many others would too if that's easy to setup. This would then at least let you know how many are already sold when they hit the shop and build the necessary amount to fill orders.

WooCommerce Deposits - Partial Payments Plugin

https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-deposits-partial-payments-plugin/9249233

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yeah, I think I'm done trying to divine their intentions. I know that TM and RealSimulator (they make the "FSSB Lightning" gimbal upgrade for the Warthog grip) are eager and ready to do business and make money. Besides, any company that puts up "Next batch availability: To be determined by VKB HQ.", and just leaves it up there, doesn't deserve my money, or anyone else's, for that matter.

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

If they say a product will be available in July as an example that should be a big enough target to hit. If they have to keep saying it every month they aren't being honest. They're making the product. They should know when it will be available. To be wrong month after month with no explanation why it's delayed is just leading us on. Tell us the truth when it will be available.

They can take the attitude that they don't owe us anything. That's fine and we can take the attitude that we'll buy something else. Like I said. It's not good business.

I just bought their pedals because they're available. I'd like to buy a Gunfighter and sell my Gladiator, but I need to get an honest answer when I can do that. If they can be honest and say....sorry it will be another 3 months. I'll know and can move on or wait. I won't wait with no idea how long it will be.

Buzz

Wow what was the odds of you happening in a retail store that happened to have that unique flight stick that are so hard to even order. ..

Yeah I waited on the MCG Pro grip for a very long time to put on my Gunfighter Pro MKI . I lucked out and got one when they had a few in stock in late June of this year.

Now that I have it I am still very glad I waited and stuck with getting one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Did you pre-order yours ahead of time? I never had any luck finding a place to even put a pre-order.

Not sure if it is me you are asking this - but no VKB does not typically do pre-orders. They accept orders along with payment when product is available to be sent out.

As soon as I saw a small batch of MCG Pro grips were available back in late June I quickly got my order in for one.

Don B

You're pretty ridiculous with your 1st world entitlements and armchair business degree, when they haven't taken your money and don't owe you anything.

Oh, please kid, regale us with your wisdom about the third-world; I'm dying to hear it! I'll bet the house that you've never even set foot into a third-world country, unless maybe it was as a tourist with your mommy and daddy paying the way. Just to let you know, kid; I've actually BEEN to "third-World" countries, places like Somalia (1993), Cuba (1994), Haiti (1994), and Kosovo in 1998, and carrying a RIFLE instead of a beer and a camera, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not humbled by the lecturing of some fetus who probably got all of his Worldliness from listening to his college professors, who also think they know something about the World despite never having had any hard contact with it.

Edited by ElCuco68

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Well, thwarted once again! The guy from Virpil, acting all hurt because I so unjustly accused them of poor customer service, told me to come back today, when the store would be open. I did, and before I could pay, the base was removed from my cart and marked "out of stock". I couldn't even pre-order. I'm done. I'm getting ready to order the FSSB lightning base, and use it with the Warthog grip that I was able to pick up for $50. It will be a better product anyway.

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM