Improve your X52 precision with this MOD

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to ask those who have mod their x52pro. After using it for some time, it is still worth doing the mod? Does it give you the precision you require? Any cons about the mod? Any pros? I am still deciding whether to attempt the mod. BTW where can you download the precision tester?

igorry

It is worth it any time. Your X52 (X52 Pro) will not get its characteristic more linear with age :D

Yes, precision is improved significantly. Both in terms of linearity (more predictable aircraft response) and removal of sensor dead zone. The pros have been presented. The cons - maybe you loose your warranty? No more cons. Plus if you go for the glue only solution (some type of elastic glue) you will be able to restore your X52 to the original state with no problems.

Joystick tester and other tools

Edited by Bucic

• 1 month later...

Curious. Just did the mod on my 52 Pro and the pitch axis is inverted. Could this be due to the polarity being arse-about?

It's no big deal. I just inverted the channels in game. Just curious about it. Any one else had this?

Rectum non bustus

Curious. Just did the mod on my 52 Pro and the pitch axis is inverted. Could this be due to the polarity being arse-about?

Reverse the magnet (polarity / North-South) on the pitch axis but don't touch to the polarity of the wiring, the hall effect sensors is not built to be wired incorrectly.

It's no big deal. I just inverted the channels in game. Just curious about it. Any one else had this?

:music_whistling:

I had a problem of inverted X axis so I had to flip the magnets. Also I had to delete calibration information from the registry

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I finally got around to doing the magnet and spring mods... I used this method: http://www.overclock.net/t/541354/fixed-the-crapness-of-the-x52

And holy crap, let me tell you what... it made a WORLD of difference. The stick is now virtually pressure sensitive. Right after buttoning the stick back together I jumped into an instant action mission and IMMEDIATELY noticed a huge difference when I did a gun run on the trucks. Like I said, the stick is nearly pressure sensitive now; making fine corrections to the flight path is a thousand times better than before.

If you haven't done this mod, do it today!!

Now, I think there's a tanker out there somewhere I have to go rendezvous with. :joystick:

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

• 2 years later...

Response to the physical shift decreased. 75% = 100%

Sorry for necromancing this post but I need some advice from people who did the magnet mod.

I've done it to my new X52 Pro in a way similar to the OP's. I've put those two original magnets on a 1mm metal washer (wiki says that's the proper english word for the metal ring you put under the nut) and used blue tack to attach this to the sprocket shape plastic part. The distance from the magnet to the sensor is roughly 2mm.

In result I'm able to make circular traces in JoyTester2 but the joystick is now supper sensitive. JoyTester shows that the 3/4 of the physical stick shift translates into 100% software response. That's not really the way it should be because I loose the resolution of movement.

What should I change to address this issues? Should I increase the distance between the magnets and the sensor? Use one magnet? Maybe the washer is to be blamed?

I've ordered some different magnets, so I'll see if this helps, but right now I'm really sorry I went on with this mod and have voided my warranty.

Thanks for any help

Maybe you should somehow tweak the distance between the sensor and the magnet.

BTW my X52 is ancient history, last time I used it was just a pile of squeaking plastic :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'd also check whether autocalibration works. Normally it should perform it every time you restart your computer. If not, removing the* registry key may be required.

*see

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=884966#post884966

Edited by Bucic

I'd also check whether autocalibration works. Normally it should perform it every time you restart your computer. If not, removing the* registry key may be required.

Thanks for the tip. I've deleted those reg keys, the os has recreated them and that seems to help a bit. I can now draw circles in Joytester with more ease and confidence. So it's mandatory to reset the calibration data after the magnet mod.

There's still room for improvement dough, because the software courser reaches 100% when I still have some space to move the stick. It's like 80-85% to 100% now. I'll try to see if different magnet sizes influence the resolution.

Jeszcze raz serdeczne dzięki Bucic.

Don't you just hate when you have to tweak everything you buy? Especially stuff thats a bit expensive.

Edited by mortdth

There's still room for improvement dough, because the software courser reaches 100% when I still have some space to move the stick. It's like 80-85% to 100% now. I'll try to see if different magnet sizes influence the resolution.

First try what Pilotasso has suggested.

Don't you just hate when you have to tweak everything you buy? Especially stuff thats a bit expensive.

One day the pimps of wobble and plastic will answer for their atrocities :sly:

Nie ma sprawy!

BTW, which arrangement did you go for?

Edited by Bucic

First try what Pilotasso has suggested.

I will definitely do that as soon as I have some after market magnets. The package is waiting for me at the post office, so I'll probably get to it during the weekend.

BTW, which arrangement did you go for?

As in how did I attach the magnets? As I wrote in my original post I went after what Pilotasso had originally posted here. Got rid of the plastic magnet mount and put them beneath the hall sensor leaving a gap off aprox. 2-3 mm.

I'll make some pics next time I open the stick.

BTW. I found this ready made, print it yourself plastic part to increase the spring tension.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19253

Don't you just love the world of 3D printing? Now to find a place to print it :)