For the love of your god!

Injerin

the F4's A/G radar mode is more than jut for ranging. It has a A/g terrain mapping mode. So yes A/G code will an issue for 3rd parties that arent Heatblur ( formerly Leatherneck) until the Hornet releases.

ED may technically have "multircrew" for the L39, but not an AI to help manage systems when you are in the front cockpit. Its not nessary for simple trainer, but is more nessary for a fully capable combat jet. HEATblur is still working on this for thier F14, and they are not entitled to share their very own code with other 3rd parties for the SDK.

Depends..

F-4D's and E´s had the terrain mapping, USN F4J didn´t, or S to that matter......:music_whistling:

But the D and E are the ones that make most sense in DCS environment, being the ones used widely.

Most suited to the DCS environment would be the Peace Icarus, the Kurnass 2000 or the Terminator 2020.

If/When we do get a Phantom, those are the ones I would want. Barring that, a Slatted F-4E would be next best.

nice flying food or a buffet for Mig21s

It will depend on the skill on the pilot.

F4 phantom especially wing slatted models with won't slats are no joke. Against a mig21.

An f4 has more sophisticated avionics. In reality the mig23 is closer in generational capabilities to the f4.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

nice flying food or a buffet for Mig21s

As much as I like the MiG a little more, this is quite far from the truth. If you look at their exchange ratios, you may find that it was the F-4 who killed the MiG more.

They are a close match in some respects, and a good MiG pilot, especially in a Bis can come out on top. But overall the Phantom has better avionics, weapons, power, and especially the later versions a little better sustained turning capabilities too, contrary to what many people think.

So yeah, it wouldn't be MiG food, it would be a good and fun match, opening possibilities of many fun and roughly historical-ish missions but if anything, F-4 would more likely to emerge victor more often.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

As much as I like the MiG a little more, this is quite far from the truth. If you look at their exchange ratios, you may find that it was the F-4 who killed the MiG more.

They are a close match in some respects, and a good MiG pilot, especially in a Bis can come out on top. But overall the Phantom has better avionics, weapons, power, and especially the later versions a little better sustained turning capabilities too, contrary to what many people think.

So yeah, it wouldn't be MiG food, it would be a good and fun match, opening possibilities of many fun and roughly historical-ish missions but if anything, F-4 would more likely to emerge victor more often.

The advantge for MiG is that, in MP, you score 2 kills for one F4 downed:P

Depends..

F-4D's and E´s had the terrain mapping, USN F4J didn´t, or S to that matter......:music_whistling:

I would love to get my hands on a Navy Phantom. The F-4J or F-4S would fit right in on a , ahem, Forrestal class CV that might be in the works by another developer... or someone could do a Midway class CV to go with possible ship assets. they would also fit right in with the A-7E and A-6E that are planned.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a USAF F-4D, F-4E (both early slatted and late models ARN-101 birds) and F-4G Wild Weasel V as well. I wouldn't mind an RF-4C too if reconnaissance ever becomes a thing in DCS.

The German F-4F would be awesome too... I'm not so much into the ICE/KWS modification but an honest rendition of the mid 80's Cold War upgraded mud mover version would be perfect.

Edited by Vampyre
Acronyms! Acronyms everywhere!

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Depends..

I'm not a very religious man, but for an F4J I'd have to say, "AMEN!!" And yes, it would look awesome on the Forrestal class carrier that we may be seeing in the not so near future. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you so much! This is perfect! I can't handle the joy!!!

Now it's just up to us to hope we are not getting another "DCS: MiG-23"... Because that broke my heart...

But now, let's celebrate!!!

:cheer3nc::beer::beer::cheer3nc:

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Guess this thread should be moved out of the RAZBAM forum section then. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

https://belsimtek.com/news/1785/

So Belsimtek officially has a F-4E in Development.

WOW fantastic. good to hear an F4 project is in official development.

and im even more Exited that we are getting the USAF's definite Fighter bomber version with the Internal Cannon. ( personal preference over gunless naval variations without as expanded ground attack capabilities)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

you can rest easy on that, an announcement from bst is virtually as official as an announcement from ed.

Yes, but you can never be sure enough. ;)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D