Quarterly Update Q3 2016

All good discussion points and I'm not going to go over old ground again.

We have learnt and P40 is testament to that.

I'm happy to YouTube the P40 start up training lesson and taxi take off lesson, of which we are still working on refining; however I'm going to do it when they are more complete (text and voice).

I can't go into official review details for obvious reasons. And I can't give timescales.

The module will be fully reviewed by ED and TFC prior to release.

In terms of Hawk, yes I'll post details up as work is progressing.

I have spent the past couple of days at Jav's house going through an actual Hawk Pilots notes and checklist cards.

Apart from 3 items on the pre-start, start and post-Start checklists which have been omitted from our module for sensitivity reasons our Hawk was on the numbers every step of the way.

I stand behind the fact you won't find any other Hawk in a sim that matches what we have done.

Yes we have a couple of bugs that I mentioned in my original post with re-spawn but again Hawk is on the numbers for ASM.

Bbrz, Hawk EFM is currently in review jointly with ED. More details will be posted later.

I hope that answers most recent questions.

Keep them coming please.

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by Ells228
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick one from me, with the rewrite (which, I support) will the Hawk be re-released in stages or when you get there as a final product? I'm trying to anticipate if it will get worse before it gets better type of thing? Thus, should we expect to see a long period of nothing happening until it catches up? Just trying to set my own expectations here.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Quick one from me, with the rewrite (which, I support) will the Hawk be re-released in stages or when you get there as a final product? I'm trying to anticipate if it will get worse before it gets better type of thing? Thus, should we expect to see a long period of nothing happening until it catches up? Just trying to set my own expectations here.

Unlikey, the re-write will be pretty much from the ground up, thereby making it incompatible with the existing code. So it will very likely just land as a rework in one major hit with additions later on for expansion on minor functionality.

Ells228, can the hawk T.1 improvement, fixes and more catalogue them as a "2.0" version?

It is important not to confuse the rework with a Hawk T2. It will still be a Hawk T1a just with some new back end code.

Pman

The ASM re-write will be released in totality, not drip fed.

It will require extensive testing (as its a complete re-write). This will be done by VEAO and ED testers.

As and when the textures are done we'll likely release those as they won't affect any ASM stuff.

Jav and I are currently working on something that you guys will love but that will be more a surprise release when it's done ;)

Essentially it would be a version 2 of Hawk I guess yes.

A bit disapaointed because of huge delays in releasing final versions. But this applies to all DCS developers, from ED to VEAO and so on....

My joysticks are full of dust for moment, waiting DCS 2.5, P40 , Normandy, Spitfires... etc...

Oh... almost forgot about the dead feature: DEDICATED SERVER :)

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I've brought on an additional programmer for Hawk.

He's going to see if he can fix the immediate bugs like AHRS and Hyd2 which hinder flying the aircraft and then he'll start on the re-code.

I'd like us to get out of Beta status whilst still working on the re-code and update.

The re-write would be thoroughly tested before coming out to you guys and we may invite some of you to mass test it with us prior to that.

Just my opinion, but trying to get the Hawk out of beta without the re-code will probably confuse and annoy people. Better to call it released after it is properly finished in my opinion. Doesn't affect me too much though, since I do understand the hurdles you need to get over, but those who don't follow these threads as closely might be.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• ED Team
A bit disapaointed because of huge delays in releasing final versions. But this applies to all DCS developers, from ED to VEAO and so on....

My joysticks are full of dust for moment, waiting DCS 2.5, P40 , Normandy, Spitfires... etc...

Oh... almost forgot about the dead feature: DEDICATED SERVER :)

Please stay on topic. This is about the VEAO news update.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That's great you got the frames back.

I'm working on cockpit lighting today using a new technique that will hopefully help fps at night.

I love the Hawk module and am so glad the FPS issues are almost all gone. Keep up the great work! I am pretty sure I was in the first dozen or so that bought it. So glad I did. :thumbup:

Will there be anything new from the p40 in that update or is there still tiny bug squashing and polishing occurring?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The video will be Hawk focussed.

P40 is getting buffed and shined up ready for the official promo video which will be out soon.

I'm also going to video record P40 start-up and taxi-out/take off training mission videos in the coming weeks.

I have a Breitling event this week with the new Hawk liveries and missions for them so busy with that also.

Well high hopes for 2016 release to open beta. Might help catch some bugs not found by your team.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

The video will be Hawk focussed.

P40 is getting buffed and shined up ready for the official promo video which will be out soon.

I'm also going to video record P40 start-up and taxi-out/take off training mission videos in the coming weeks.

I have a Breitling event this week with the new Hawk liveries and missions for them so busy with that also.

Hope the training mission are Voice Over.. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |