SHIPS

Prowler111

SHIPS  

317 members have voted

1. 1. SHIPS

• Yes
    • No

It does look great.

I know that this is probably asking too much...but...any chance for some European / NATO love?

For ex., the our newest carrier Cavour?

...and FREMM frigate?

maxresdefault.jpg

portaerei-cavour.jpg

Edited by Conroy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great !

Do we know which ship will support the Harrier operations ? I read in some thread that we'll see the Tarawa but I still don't know if the person was refering to the class or the LHA-1 specifically.

Something like these???

001_30.jpg

Arctic.jpg

USNS_Mercy_03.jpg

Edited by Bruce448

I voted yes and I add to the notation that WASP class with harrier and rotary functionality would be more beneficial to the overall style that itwould bring.. add in LAH and youve got a great little group going...

I agree with coops...I'd prefer the Wasp Class because they are still in service...however, that's minor. The Tarawa class can be populated with Harriers, Chinooks and Huey's if ya squint...and can provide operational fodder for mission planners. I don't care that much about " operating the ship " though so cost would need to be minimal. Actually after reading some of the previous posts...id say it should be included for those who buy the Harrier...and an inexpensive DLC for those who want to fly Huey's or other aircraft from it. For everyone else...its just a hole in the water.

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 4 weeks later...

Woah.. you guys are very good in 3D modeling, this is beautifull ^^

My Flight Sim YouTube Channel Win10 x64 Pro • i7 7700k (delided) • Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH • 32Gb RAM G.Skill Ripjaws IV 2400 • Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero • Creative Sound Blaster Z • Samsung 850 Pro Evo 500Go • WD Velociraptor 1To • Seagate Barracuda 4To • Seasonic Prime Titanium 750w • Phanteks PH-TC14PE /TM Hotas Warthog /Vkb T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV /Track iR 5 & Traclip Pro

Great model. +1

Would be fantastic have at least one carrier for every country that operated the Harrier:D

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I have 2 HMS ships in dry dock. Just awaiting more reference photos so I can advance them past the white box stage..

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Would absolutely love some more ships to play with - I love naval operations! I would definitely welcome the current line of vessels being developed. Personally I'm not really all that interested in them being fully controllable apart from a similar thing to CA. I would though like positions such as ATC/Flyco, GCI maybe even catapult control stations if possible.

I would only go for them as paid modules if they were as immersive and as fully done as feasibly possible. For instance, having working lifts and a properly modelled hangar (where applicable) and for the lifts to be controllable somehow (either by player or by radio command similar to re-arming and refuelling). Obviously the more immersive and functional the better. If the LHAs could actually serve as amphibious assault ships (i.e functioning ramps and well deck and the ability to deploy landing craft though this is probably going to require ED to develop a system that facilitates it). In terms of pricing I don't think I'd be willing to pay much more than 15USD for individual ships. If they were just like the ships we currently have in DCS i.e no aircraft lifts, no hangars, limited functionality (apart from maybe weapon systems) - essentially moving eye-candy that I can land on (but obviously with better graphics than some of the current ships) then I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for them separately.

Personally I'd like some Royal Navy ships for when maybe the British Harriers get developed - things like the Invincible class (preferably in all variants and refits), the Albion class (again of both how they were originally built and what they're going to be refitted as - (Goalkeeper replaced by Phalanx Block 1B, Type 996 Radar replaced by Type 997) - though they are strictly helicopter platforms and are more for amphibious assaults using landing craft and finally HMS Ocean when time and resources permit. Again, if these could have there respective lifts, davits, well decks, ramps, hangars etc implemented and controllable in some way then perfect.

Looking at different perspectives I'd welcome any new ship; be it destroyer, frigate, aircraft carrier whatever, if its implemented with features to be as immersive as possible then I'm all for it! :thumbup:

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Would absolutely love some more ships to play with - I love naval operations! I would definitely welcome the current line of vessels being developed. Personally I'm not really all that interested in them being fully controllable apart from a similar thing to CA. I would though like positions such as ATC/Flyco, GCI maybe even catapult control stations if possible.

I would only go for them as paid modules if they were as immersive and as fully done as feasibly possible. For instance, having working lifts and a properly modelled hangar (where applicable) and for the lifts to be controllable somehow (either by player or by radio command similar to re-arming and refuelling). Obviously the more immersive and functional the better. If the LHAs could actually serve as amphibious assault ships (i.e functioning ramps and well deck and the ability to deploy landing craft though this is probably going to require ED to develop a system that facilitates it). In terms of pricing I don't think I'd be willing to pay much more than 15USD for individual ships. If they were just like the ships we currently have in DCS i.e no aircraft lifts, no hangars, limited functionality (apart from maybe weapon systems) - essentially moving eye-candy that I can land on (but obviously with better graphics than some of the current ships) then I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for them separately.

Personally I'd like some Royal Navy ships for when maybe the British Harriers get developed - things like the Invincible class (preferably in all variants and refits), the Albion class (again of both how they were originally built and what they're going to be refitted as - (Goalkeeper replaced by Phalanx Block 1B, Type 996 Radar replaced by Type 997) - though they are strictly helicopter platforms and are more for amphibious assaults using landing craft and HMS Ocean etc when time and resources permit. Again, if these could have there respective lifts, davits, well decks, ramps, hangars etc implemented and controllable in some way then perfect.

Looking at different perspectives I'd welcome any new ship; be it destroyer, frigate, aircraft carrier whatever, if its implemented with features to be as immersive as possible then I'm all for it! :thumbup:

something like these???

birmingham-01_26.jpg

22-23-01.jpg

Type23s_01.jpg

img

Ocean_1999_01_74.jpg

Ocean_1999_01_75.jpg

Ocean_1999_01_56.jpg

leaf_class.jpg

Edited by Bruce448
  • Like 2

something like these???

You sir just made my day! Yes definitely something like that!

I mean if you can do that to extreme levels of detail and accuracy then wow! If you can get a proper hangar implemented and lifts and what have you then oh my god best day ever.

I like your work - keep it up! :D

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I would only go for them as paid modules if they were as immersive and as fully done as feasibly possible. For instance, having working lifts and a properly modelled hangar (where applicable) and for the lifts to be controllable somehow

So we can race the tractors in the hanger? Or have our friends / AI tow us to the lift.. :pilotfly:

3SPRk3Em.jpg

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

I need to recover my ships from the mothballs fleet (Pr206,Pr183, etc.....)

Please do.

So we can race the tractors in the hanger? Or have our friends / AI tow us to the lift.. :pilotfly:

3SPRk3Em.jpg

Looking good, is it going to be the (S)Invincible or the Lusty??? As they were the only 2 with goalkeeper fitted.

Lusty 2005 refit. The ramp section is giving me a headache At the Moment so I'm going back and fourth between Lusty and Clyde..

I'm no where as good as you

4julKxCm.jpg

Lusty 2005 refit. The ramp section is giving me a headache At the Moment so I'm going back and fourth between Lusty and Clyde..

I'm no where as good as you

4julKxCm.jpg

I was on the lusty 2005 til 2007

Still looking good, Think of it as Lego bricks, build the ramp as a entity of its own and then attach/collapse it to the flight deck.