Campaign in 2.5

Sceptre

Uhm, tried the first mission, heard right away several explosions as an AI mirage taxis into parked vehicles. Later my instructor taxis out to the RWY (I was right behind him), and runs into a parked truck there. Game over, man. :)

I guess that campaign needs to be adjusted for 2.5. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I downloaded the 'updated' files from the link you supplied. Copied them into /Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/missions/campaigns folder.

Same problem with Mission 1 - Multiple vehicle explosions on the airfield and then The instructor taxies into the vehicle holding at the RWY.

Was it the correct place to copy the files to?

Hey _Iceberg_,

Thanks for letting me know. Looks to me that you put the files in the right place, now there are two things that could have happened:

A) I mixed up the files and posted a link to older version of the campaign (entirely possible)

B) Things were introduced into the 2.5 after I updated the campaign which broke it again (also entirely possible, as I did the upgrade on alpha version of 2.5 some months ago and there were things that changed afterwards - I simply didn't manage to test everything again with quite a lot of other projects I had to deal with, including DLC campaigns).

In any case, I will focus 100% now on re-testing the M-2000C campaign and fixing anything that needs to be done, sorry for the delay!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Uhm, tried the first mission, heard right away several explosions as an AI mirage taxis into parked vehicles. Later my instructor taxis out to the RWY (I was right behind him), and runs into a parked truck there. Game over, man. :)

Same here, IP runnign into a truck just before entering RWY

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey _Iceberg_,

Thanks for letting me know. Looks to me that you put the files in the right place, now there are two things that could have happened:

A) I mixed up the files and posted a link to older version of the campaign (entirely possible)

B) Things were introduced into the 2.5 after I updated the campaign which broke it again (also entirely possible, as I did the upgrade on alpha version of 2.5 some months ago and there were things that changed afterwards - I simply didn't manage to test everything again with quite a lot of other projects I had to deal with, including DLC campaigns).

In any case, I will focus 100% now on re-testing the M-2000C campaign and fixing anything that needs to be done, sorry for the delay!

Ok don't worry, just let us now when it's OK, I will practice my landings in the meantime :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the 1st mission as well it doesn't pick up when you've done the touch and go and are on the down wind circuit so you can't complete the mission. I've done several touch and go landings and the circuit several times to test it.

Edit: That's on the files you've posted.

Hey rrohde,

I have just tested M01 which I posted and didn't have any trouble with it - I assume you played the one included in the campaign (these are not updated yet). I will do some more tests tonight, but one thing to remember is that you should not be staying to close behind your lead, leave him some distance during the taxi, otherwise he will do stupid things.

BTW, I will use this opportunity and swap Vikings for KC-130s, which would make much more sense!

On the 1st mission as well it doesn't pick up when you've done the touch and go and are on the down wind circuit so you can't complete the mission. I've done several touch and go landings and the circuit several times to test it.

Edit: That's on the files you've posted.

I will check it, I also enlarged the zone for downwind, will see how it works now.

*EDIT*

OK, the link in first thread should have updated M01, I confirm that the downwind call is working fine now.

Edited by baltic_dragon

I still had the same problem after downloading the mission again so I flew the mission in 1.5.8 and noticed that the runway is about 100ft lower. After going back into 2.5 I edited the mission (though you can't save changes to the campaign) to raise the point that the 1st landing is expected to happen to 600ft or lower (not the exact requirement I know but enough to test my theory).

Flying the mission from the mission editor I was then able to get the downwind call and then the rest of the mission to complete. These changes didn't take affect to continue the campaign as the changes can't be saved. Although the mission still only said 50% complete even if all the triggers had occurred.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EH7V27npcena_2VpLLfc75Wp3xgtS_BK

Tacview replay of the mission and no officer that wasn't me who did a 2km wheelie down the runway on the 2nd pass. This is one of the attempts that didn't work.

Edited by Hatefury
spelling correction

In the latest version uploaded yesterday just after midnight I changed the altitude from MSL to AGL in the triggers, tested it and it worked fine for me. Funny I didn't notice the level of the airfield, I might actually need to change all the ending triggers that detect landing for player as well...good catch!

I still had the same problem after downloading the mission again so I flew the mission in 1.5.8 and noticed that the runway is about 100ft lower. After going back into 2.5 I edited the mission (though you can't save changes to the campaign) to raise the point that the 1st landing is expected to happen to 600ft or lower (not the exact requirement I know but enough to test my theory).

Flying the mission from the mission editor I was then able to get the downwind call and then the rest of the mission to complete. These changes didn't take affect to continue the campaign as the changes can't be saved. Although the mission still only said 50% complete even if all the triggers had occurred.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EH7V27npcena_2VpLLfc75Wp3xgtS_BK

Tacview replay of the mission and no officer that wasn't me who did a 2km wheelie down the runway on the 2nd pass. This is one of the attempts that didn't work.

just to add to this, I've been testing the missions and this happened to me at the end of mission 1 just now. no more radio prompts after the short final call for the touch and go

EDIT it's working now with the updated version. appreciate all the hard work that went into this and I can't wait for the red flag campaign

Edited by Sceptre
  • Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Ok up to mission 6 now rest of the missions worked fine up to that ponit. I'm fairly confident this is because all the units that need to be killed are hidden in the trees but I digress.

The flight lead never attempts to bomb the targets although the mission does progress if you drop a set of mk 82s up until the point you say you've released all your bombs after the BDA is requested it never gets fed back so the mission gets hung at that point.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Just flew mission six and it worked fine for me. Some patience is required when lead drops his bombs as stated but it worked fine.

**Spoiler**

The units in the trees were right on the very edge of the tree line. I couldn't see them however so had to guess, reference the smoke.

Yeah can confirm a lot of patience is required circled the target. When he did finally release he killed over 50% of the targets on his own though.

Mission 7 worked fine. Spotting that BMP on the new map is so much easier than in 1.5.8.

Mission 8 I've only flown once and after you change radio frequency and informed everyone you were in hot the SAM never fires at me to give its position. I never actually saw a launch previous to that either. I'll update once I've had chance to fly it again.

edit: after checking Tacview its because there was never a launch during the scripted event.

edit 2: Just re downloaded the mission and played again exactly the same issue.

Edited by Hatefury
more info

Hey _Iceberg_, can you do me a favour and launch the first mission separately from the location of the download and not as part of the campaign and check if the same happens? I can’t reproduce it on my end and others also confirmed it os working, so I suspect that after all you are placing the files in a wrong place perhaps... let me know how it works.

If it is still broken for you for some reason I have an idea of an easy fix.

Yeah can confirm a lot of patience is required circled the target. When he did finally release he killed over 50% of the targets on his own though.

Mission 7 worked fine. Spotting that BMP on the new map is so much easier than in 1.5.8.

Mission 8 I've only flown once and after you change radio frequency and informed everyone you were in hot the SAM never fires at me to give its position. I never actually saw a launch previous to that either. I'll update once I've had chance to fly it again.

edit: after checking Tacview its because there was never a launch during the scripted event.

edit 2: Just re downloaded the mission and played again exactly the same issue.

Thanks I will check it tonight. You might be in a wrong spot or too high / fast for him to track you. He is located at the south tip of the village next to some silos. If he shot at your wingman then in theory he should shoot at you as well...

I may have been a little high checking tacview the 1st I tried it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a2EDMpNynYpQQ8zCeqQSpmftaXZt4Iy9

However I just tried it flying intentionally way below the fragged altitude for the mission.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dEznwVUv5sW3rlcc3wohm7ebl-TuZSiN

The SAM simply doesn't want to SAM. It never shoots at my wingman he simply explodes as scripted.

Mission 9

You start in the wrong place and you also hot start for some reason. Mission plays out if you sit on the deck for 8 minutes as if your ILS was aligning. After intercepting Stranger you don't seem to get pulled off from him before the MIGs spawn and you have to go kill them this could be because hes flying so slowly.

During the fight phase of the mission as well even if you've called merged on the bandits (and indeed already shot down the 1st one). When flight lead merges you get the radio message saying you're going to miss out on all the fun.

Non of these issues stop the mission from being completed though.