Driver Problems [Not DCS Related]

This is a Software/Driver Problem.

DCS Cannot Cause damage to your GPU unless you physically disable the fans and safety features.

Code 43 is a Driver Error.

Memory Management Blue Screens usually mean the Memory is Bad.

Video RAM, System RAM, or Harddisk.

//Title Edited //Moved to Hardware Section

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Code 43 is a Driver Error.

Sometimes, code 43 is a sign that the GFX card is dead: I recently saw an old 8800GT struck with the error code 43. The POST sequence was covered up with excalamation marks and Windows was forced to use a low definition. It was clearly dead.

But I agree with you: our GFX cards cannot die because of a game.

@aldox: your card may be dead, but DCS is not guilty.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Sometimes, code 43 is a sign that the GFX card is dead: I recently saw an old 8800GT struck with the error code 43. The POST sequence was covered up with excalamation marks and Windows was forced to use a low definition. It was clearly dead.

But I agree with you: our GFX cards cannot die because of a game.

@aldox: your card may be dead, but DCS is not guilty.

Yes, Code 43 Simply is when the device is not functioning correctly, so windows halts the driver from loading.

This can be due to Hardware Failure or Conflicts caused by Drivers/BIOS Settings.

Seeing as he also receives memory management Halt Screens, then I believe it's either a GPU Ram Problem, or Mainboard Drivers/Chipset Problem.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Aldox,

be aware if you're going to test your memory in addition to all of the advice above: I used Memtest (*paid* version at that) to test my memory. I let it loop overnight so tested it for more than 24 hours. Came up clean. But my troubleshooting led me to believe it *was* the RAM. So started swapping out sticks, trying to isolate it. And I was able to find one stick that was bad. Corsair just took it all back and gave me a new batch because my particular model was discontinued and wasn't in stock for an RMA. But do run the memtests of the world to see if you can isolate it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

i was triyng to hop in a server and then a window pop up and says that dcs has been blocked or something and then my monitor went off and my 2 gpus on my laptop stopped working (code 43)

wtf i mean really wtf

log and screenshot attached

How old is your system. There's so much code out there things can start to "system creep" where they just slow down over time. Sometimes you just need to save your important files to dropbox then format the thing and start fresh.

How old is your system. There's so much code out there things can start to "system creep" where they just slow down over time. Sometimes you just need to save your important files to dropbox then format the thing and start fresh.

is not old meaby 6 months old, my pc died so i only have my laptop for now

Aldox,

be aware if you're going to test your memory in addition to all of the advice above: I used Memtest (*paid* version at that) to test my memory. I let it loop overnight so tested it for more than 24 hours. Came up clean. But my troubleshooting led me to believe it *was* the RAM. So started swapping out sticks, trying to isolate it. And I was able to find one stick that was bad. Corsair just took it all back and gave me a new batch because my particular model was discontinued and wasn't in stock for an RMA. But do run the memtests of the world to see if you can isolate it.

imma try that memtest thing my laptop is not old, meaby something is wrong with the ram idk but anyways i got my driver working again tks to a dcs support guy, im still with ram issues but only on dcs, i play a lot of arma 3 with a lot of mods (rhs, ace, big maps, retextures, particle fx) all maxed ou in 1080res and not a single problem 40-60 fps and really big missions i also do some 3d work and vid editing on the laptop without a single problem (sorry if my english is bad)

also my cpu and gpu temp are fine, but the ram and hdd use skyrocket when i play dcs on really elaborated missions or in mp

Yes, DCS is very I/O intense.

If your HDD is too slow it may cause on or the other hiccup as well.

I would still thoroughly test that laptop with prime95, IBTv2 and Aida64.

IBTv2 is a good RAM tester, go MAX and let it run 10 rounds.

Aida is a general stability thing, if ti fails Aida it fails everywhere.

Prime95 is foremost a CPU thing, if it fails p95 you have a CPU/stability issue for various reasons.

Try to exclude what it cannot be, what remains is the bad guy

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

imma try that memtest thing my laptop is not old, meaby something is wrong with the ram idk but anyways i got my driver working again tks to a dcs support guy, im still with ram issues but only on dcs, i play a lot of arma 3 with a lot of mods (rhs, ace, big maps, retextures, particle fx) all maxed ou in 1080res and not a single problem 40-60 fps and really big missions i also do some 3d work and vid editing on the laptop without a single problem (sorry if my english is bad)

It really depends on how much of a hog an app is for memory. Same goes for power. My PSU of 8 years or so caused me problems *only* when playing PUBG. It would crash/power off. Sometimes within minutes of starting PUBG. Since drivers can't turn off computer, I knew it was PSU related, but I had a hard time believing it since DCS, Handbrake, Prime95, and every other torture test worked just fine.

Well, I replaced the PSU and it stopped crashing in PUBG. So don't assume things are fine (HW wise) because it works in other programs.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

same happened to my buddy with a special mining app...boom SHuT OFF !! DANG

Then he bought a "not so high quality" PSU, worked for TWO days until it failed !!!!!!!!

He then bought what I told him, ever since it runs.

Some corners you better dont try to cut, PSU is the first I wouldn't.

*The PC worked fine elsewhere..and I told him..ITS YOUR PSU..THAT DAMN THING....he did not believe until he went through the vally of dead PSU's and pulled hair.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X