Loss of power into flight...whats the problem?

protea1

Hi

Im not sure at this time what is causing the problem but at 3-5 minutes on average into flight from 2-5000m the aircraft suddenly becomes unresponsive to further lift and starts losing power even at full thrust

This has happened in training missions as well as in multiplayer.

This has all happened after the last major update.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have checked to see if airbrakes are the problem flaps etc but cannot determine why!

The aircraft just loses lift, thrust and whatever I try falls out of the sky<ps I wasn't shot down/wheels were up/everything is normal no warning

Suggestions anyone?

Cheers

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes! i had this happen to me lately , after takeoff its like the plane is barely getting any lift even at 100% and with AB .

i sometimes put the gear down and up again and it seems to help , sometimes i just crash.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, saw your track. My answer... pilot issue. ;)

You never let the aircraft gain minimal speed, so your AoA is always too high (25-30°!!), the general drag is too high too = you can't accelerate.

The only thing you need to do is to let your aicraft (and your wing) "breeze" by unloading a bit.

Let's see this other track.

On the beginning, it's your flying. Then I take control of the view, and move the head slightly left to show the AoA meter (vertical ladder left of the HUD base, labelled in degrees).

Finally, at time 15:18:29 (when you think of ejecting), I take control of the aircraft and recover it, then:

- fly around, go to intercept some other flight

- come back to land

- without vacating the runway, I then demonstrate high angle take-off (which is what you attempted I guess)

- then fly back over the runway, slowing to 250kt, and demonstrating a max performance climb (Max AB, M0.9) to FL360-380 and subsequent supersonic acceleration

- having no more fuel, I turn back, land, and shut down.

++

Az'

mirage not fail.trk

• Like 1

spacer.png

Don't forget about the last update (Beta):

LATEST CHANGES IN

Current Release 1.5.6.4546.280

Current Open Beta 1.5.6.4546.280

Updated April 21, 2017

- Updated dynamic drag derivatives in mid to high alpha (reduced drag)

Yeah, so in fact it would have been harder in the version just before (too much hard, IMO).

Now we are nearer to "how it should be". Not sure work is complete on that part of the FM, but obviously the 1.5.6 U2 was a step in the right direction from the 1.5.6 U1.

spacer.png

agreed

Yeah, so in fact it would have been harder in the version just before (too much hard, IMO).

Now we are nearer to "how it should be". Not sure work is complete on that part of the FM, but obviously the 1.5.6 U2 was a step in the right direction from the 1.5.6 U1.

It was but still is....just my 2 cents

It still becomes impossible to fly at random flights/takeoffs...not landing!

methinks the induced dynamic drag derivatives are somewhat skewd.....! and I have an accomplished flight record....I know and love this module!

It happened since the last 2 updates sorry to say......can u fix? relearning to fly the bird really is a drag! pun intended!

Thanks

Edited by protea1
addition

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The point isn't climb or dive, really, it's AoA.

Disregarding AoA is the recipe to make AF447 never reach Paris.

We have an advantage over them (I don't mean the tragic end): we have an AoA gauge in the M-2000. In combat or APP modes (i.e. when you'll most likely reach higher values of AoA), AoA is also displayed in our HUD.

Edited by Azrayen
typos!

spacer.png

AoA sweetspot

So what would be the best AoA for takeoff? and flight ?

as I said the aircraft could be into the first 2-3 minutes of flight, sometimes longer the loses power and falls out of the sky...sometimes from between 2-4000m

<fully laden its really hard to acquire decent takeoff >

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For take off you have an inverted T on the VTH that is a pitch indicator.

Rotate until this T and the horizon are aligned, you have the correct pitch to take off. Maintain that pitch while accelerating (still full AB) up to 250kt (light aircraft) or 300kt (heavy aircaft). Then you may stop the AB and manoeuver.

In general, use the energy chevrons in your HUD this is their purpose: chevrons above velocity vector = you are accelerating. And vice versa.

Again, I disagree when you say "loss of power" because that implies an issue with thrust.

You may say "inability to accelerate" and there I will agree. Solution=Reduce the AoA.

As written earlier, Razbam may need to tune things a bit more in a later version, but the one we now have is already "flyable". :)

spacer.png

So what would be the best AoA for takeoff? and flight ?

as I said the aircraft could be into the first 2-3 minutes of flight, sometimes longer the loses power and falls out of the sky...sometimes from between 2-4000m

<fully laden its really hard to acquire decent takeoff >

I never had this problem and i own this module since day 1. But i have to admit i had not much time to fly in dcs in the last 6 months. But i watched your track you posted on page 1. You take off with full AB and put her to a 30° climb with your landing gear down! You never had the opportunity to gain speed! Also i activated with "right control + enter" the control input window and saw that you did some violent/hard joystick movement(or keyboard?). Your AoA was well above 20°, that is your problem and the cause of the mirage falling out of the sky.

I attached a Track from me, this flight was done to setup my TrackIr. So a lot of head movement and some stupid playing with the systems before takeoff(sorry for that) but as i said i'm learning this beauty again after a long break. This is a climb from takeoff to 55700feet done with the autopilot. Under normal circumstances i would never climb with 30° pitch like in my track after takeoff but i gained speed because my landing gear was not down for a long time like in your track. I had to zip the track because it was a little over the upload limit of the forum. I hope this will help you.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Thanks for the heads up and great replies.....wrto unknown..your answer I re-lowered the gear and retracted it during the flight as another member said that he tried this and this "helped"....usually my landing gear is retracted within 1-4 seconds on takeoff...thanks will try the params and repost back

cheers to you all!

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ! will incorporate!

For take off you have an inverted T on the VTH that is a pitch indicator.

Rotate until this T and the horizon are aligned, you have the correct pitch to take off. Maintain that pitch while accelerating (still full AB) up to 250kt (light aircraft) or 300kt (heavy aircaft). Then you may stop the AB and manoeuver.

In general, use the energy chevrons in your HUD this is their purpose: chevrons above velocity vector = you are accelerating. And vice versa.

Again, I disagree when you say "loss of power" because that implies an issue with thrust.

You may say "inability to accelerate" and there I will agree. Solution=Reduce the AoA.

As written earlier, Razbam may need to tune things a bit more in a later version, but the one we now have is already "flyable". :)

Cheers for this will test and incorporate!

AMD FX-8350

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]