Request -- an unmarked, generic combat paintscheme

xvii-Dietrich

Currently, the C-101 (both EB and CC) is available for all nations in DCS... this is great, and very much appreciated. However, only some nations have dedicated paintschemes. All the other nations use a default paintscheme which is either:

C-101EB --> Spanish

C-101CC --> Fictional bare metal with ED/TFC logos

Ref: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304457/

What I would like to request is that there is a new generic combat paintscheme added to the module which is truly generic, namely:

• neutral pattern (plain matt for the entire aircraft, no need for patterns/trim)
  • combat colour (mid-grey is most generic and would work in all seasons/maps)
  • unmarked (no roundels or logos or any other national-marking)
  • available for both the EB and CC variants
  • available for all nations

The motivation for this is to have a paintscheme which can be used for other nations in a multiplayer setting. For example, if you want to use them for Japan or Canada or Ukraine or Germany you have to put up with either the Spanish (EB) or ED/TFC logo (CC), which sort of kills the immersion. It is easier to look past and unmarked aircraft than and incorrectly marked one.

Yes, it would be nice to have fictional skins for all nations, but I'm trying to be practical here and limit it to a single skin. It would also not add too much to the size of the module on the harddisk.

Also, I realise we can make our own skins, but this doesn't work in a multiplayer setting. Either the server has to allow all skins (which can lead to madness), or lock the skins, which limits it to the defaults which are not so suitable (see above).

Hence the request for a completely plain, generic, unmarked skin for all nations.

Thanks!

What other aircraft in DCS has this type of unmarked skin? .. I find it kind of unfair asking a small developer to dedicate man-hours to provide a convenience for the MP crowd ... I’d rather see them dedicate their resources to the Mirage F-1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What other aircraft in DCS has this type of unmarked skin? ..

For example...

L-39 has two

Yak-52 has one

I find it kind of unfair asking a small developer to dedicate man-hours to provide a convenience for the MP crowd ... I’d rather see them dedicate their resources to the Mirage F-1

I apologise. It was a request, not a demand. I am sorry if it came across otherwise.

I was also only suggesting a single skin, to keep the workload down.

I have no interest in the Mirage F-1, but I appreciate that others might prefer resources being devoted in that direction.

So, as an alternative suggestion, would the developers consider adding one, if the community (i.e. me) provided it?

Why is it unfair to ask that? Honestly, i appreciate it when developers flesh out a module before moving on to the next. We have seen this with other development teams already and there was a lot of ranting going on. And he didn't particularly asked for something completely out-of-scope but for a skin. I personally think it is a good idea.

• Like 1

Why is it unfair to ask that?

What I found unfair is that almost no other dcs plane has that type of livery .. anyway, it was just my opinion and you can disregard it if you want.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB