AI Jester / Iceman subtitles

SmukY

Anyway.

I just watched Ralfidude's video of F-14 and of course I can't express such satisfaction I've had while watching video.

Until friend told me, what Jester is telling to pilot. And it's actually quite a lot of information. A lot of USEFUL information.

This being a ... sort of a little problem for me.

I'm deaf.

And I love F-14. And I'd be kinda sad, if I wouldn't be able to fully employ it, if I wouldn't be able to get all the information I'd need from my devoted RIO.

And I'm sorry for making such a request-ish thread, I know they're not kinda generally positively received (I know how threads such for wishing new planes can develop, and consecutive making a lot of people wishing for everything and more, making such threads soon to be locked by moderators/administrators).

But I'll say it. Would you make a little exception and add the subtitles of Jester/Iceman AI's for deaf and hearing impaired people who love F-14 just as me? And I'm sure I'm not only one.

Wishing a happy and sucessful New Year to the Heatblur team.

Greetings, SmukY

Edited by SmukY
  • Like 2

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am by no means deaf, but totally understand what you are saying and hope, if not already implemented, this is added.

Let's face it, many none native speakers would benefit and better understand what Jester is saying (written subtitles help a lot) and still newcomers need to learn brevity calls for real. ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Adding my vote as well for all the reasons above - hearing impared players (and as we've seen, there's quite a few out there), won't be able to enjoy it thoroughly and actually won't be able to understand Jester's calls, which will be a bread and butter function of a two-seater in an SP setting. Some non-native speakers will have problems as well, so I think this should really be implemented as an optional choice in the settings - afterall it's not as much work as recording thousands of different verbal expressions.

http://dcsskins.wordpress.com/

Your place for custom created DCS World skins.

Intel i5-9600K|Asus Z390F Strix|32GB RAM|ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix

24" Samsung P2470HD|TIR4pro|Oculus Rift CV1|Trustmaster HOTAS Warthog|CH Pro pedals|Logitech Performance MX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Honestly - we'd love to. It's just a matter of development resources presently. We'd need to make strings and associate each string with each statement (..ish). I think we'll get to this eventually.

Sorry for it being an issue from the getgo :( I'll talk to the team and see how difficult this will be to implement and see if we can offer some ballpark implementation time estimate.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You could totally outsource the string creation and linking to the community.

I bet we get it done with multiple languages in a day and are all happy to help.

True that lol. let the community pound it out quote hahaha.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all a lot for the support!

I hope subtitles become a reality someday.

I'm pleasantly surprised that even DCS community members are ready to contribute their time for making this possible. Thank you.

What I can say ... you all are simply the best. No wonder why HB is my favourite 3rd party addon maker.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all a lot for the support!

I hope subtitles become a reality someday.

I'm pleasantly surprised that even DCS community members are ready to contribute their time for making this possible. Thank you.

What I can say ... you all are simply the best. No wonder why HB is my favourite 3rd party addon maker.

Heatblur has a good reputation for active communication with the DCS community and I'm sure it will happen as soon as they can implement it.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

+3

As long as it doesn't delay the release of my tomcaaaaaaat of course ;)

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I'm deaf.

Gets my vote. But the font has to be at least 10 times bigger than the comms font of ED. Because noone can read that.

I know that feeling and I'll be glad to finally have someone tell me where to look for that single pixel that I need to shoot at but am unable to see.

Nothing in life is granted.

Alright. Even dying will cost you a fortune. Or your heritages.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg