VKB / VUAF Giveaway!

jamiemunn5665

VUAF 2018 is one of the world's largest virtual airshows, and will take place this year on the 20th and 21st October, live on Twitch! We were recently fortunate enough to become sponsored by VKB.

VKB Giveaway

This year we have teamed up with VKB to bring both Pilots and Spectators the best possible airshow experience. VKB provide some of the best quality flight simulation hardware on the market, boasting well designed, durable, realistic and aesthetic products.

VKB have kindly provided us with $750 worth of flight simulation equipment to giveaway:

• Gunfighter Pro Mk.II ($399) | Includes either MCG or MCG Pro grip.
  • T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV ($244)
  • Gladiator Mk.II ($99)

We have decided to giveaway the two sticks (one entry level, one advanced) in a public competition. The rudder pedals will be contested for by the solo acts performing this year. At the end of the show weekend, the solo pilot with the most votes will be rewarded.

To enter, visit the VUAF Website, where the application portal and a full list of terms and conditions can be found.

You must be present at VUAF 2018 (October 20/21) to claim your prize, shall you be selected.

hRnWZDp.jpg

Where is it being held?

I searched the linked website and do not see a location indicated.

The organization has a UK url but that's no help.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

It is a virtual festival streamed live on twitch so is global

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The terms and conditions don't say that -they are as follows

1. VKB have provided the Virtual United Air Festival with the Gunfighter Mk.II (with the MCG or MCG Pro grip) - $399, and the Gladiatior Mk.II - $99 for a public giveaway. They have furthermore provided a set of T-Rudders - $244, which will be awarded to the best solo act of the weekend.
  2. Entries can be submitted until 11:59 PM (GMT) on the 19th October.
  3. The winners for all prizes will be announced on the weekend of the 20th / 21st October, during VUAF 2018.
  4. VKB will cover any shipping costs, however, any additional import duties that are applicable to the winner's respective country must be paid in full by the winner.
  5. The winners of both the Gunfighter Mk.II and Gladiator Mk.II must be present on Twitch during VUAF 2018 to claim their prizes.
  6. The winner of the VKB Gladiator Mk.II will be announced on the half-way break during day one of VUAF 2018. The winner will have until the half-way break on day two to claim their prize via email, Facebook, Discord or the contact form on the VUAF website.
  7. The winner of the VKB Gunfighter Mk.II will be announced either at the half-way break of day two, or at the end of the show. The winner will have one week to claim their prize via email, Facebook, Discord or the contact form on the VUAF website.
  8. If either prizes are not claimed, they will be re-raffled to the remaining entrants to the competition.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On your post: "You must be present at VUAF 2018 (October 20/21) to claim your prize, shall you be selected." It is indicated in RED.

Gives the impression as Joca133 mentions, you have to be there. You might want to change the wording. The terms and conditions are placed in a awkward manner, some may not go that far to investigate this.

Again on the VUAF web site it states: "You must be present at VUAF 2018 (October 20/21) to claim your prize, shall you be selected. " This time it is not highlighted in red. But you must search for the terms and conditions button...if you are that curious and many find that

reading the "small print" in these give-aways is usually a 10 page ordeal and must have a law degree to decipher it.

IMHO

Laz :D

Hi guys,

As detailed on the website, the event is a live show streamed on Twitch.tv this October. You must be present during the stream to win any prizes you may be awarded. There are no catches and the terms / conditions are clearly explained (as listed above). Information about the show can be easily found on the website and Facebook, I even posted a short description of the show at the top of this post :) If there are any other specific questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Good luck!

I think "you must be there means", you must be watching the stream, or logged in to twitch. The winners will be announced either in the stream's live chat, or someone will announce the winner audibly in the stream.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel