Chaff and flares from Pilot position

Yeti42

e.g if you're looking for a radar command, search for "RADAR" and look for lines that start with "{combos = {{key ="

When I've tried the RADAR, there seems to be an issue: if you disable Jester, they work, but there is a lot you have to map, otherwise, if Jester is still running, the key gets triggered, then seems to reset immediately.

When I've tried the RADAR, there seems to be an issue: if you disable Jester, they work, but there is a lot you have to map, otherwise, if Jester is still running, the key gets triggered, then seems to reset immediately.

What commands specifically are you trying to implement?

It's quite possible that the Jester AI code overrides some commands especially those that relate to RADAR, this would be intended as it was never foreseen that Jester AI would be running at the same time as a human RIO. Hacks like this often have unintended consequences, that's why the're "hacks"

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Not any more since latest beta.

Interesting ... was Jester's ability to follow targets automatically improved or are you referring to the altitude/range commands buried on the Jester wheel? Looks like it'll be horribly clunky to use!

Edited by Kula66

Interesting ... was Jester's ability to follow targets automatically improved or are you referring to the altitude/range commands buried on the Jester wheel? Looks like it'll be horribly clunky to use!

It's your choice to use menu, binds or voice commands. Idk if there are binds available yet.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Even with VA, its a bit of long command to keep repeating it to move the dish down!

You could always use Voice Attack and create a key macro for radar up and down. That's what I've done with a bunch of jester commands available via the jester menu...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

You could always use Voice Attack and create a key macro for radar up and down. That's what I've done with a bunch of jester commands available via the jester menu...

After having VA for a year and never using it, I finally made a profile for the F14.

It's a total gamechanger. Well worth the effort. I set up simple commands like "scan left" "lock bogey" "radar range one zero zero" that now macro through the menu keybinds rapidly to keep me from ever having to use the menu the old fashioned way. It is nearly as fast as I do things when flying a single seater, and it's nice that I can be focusing elsewhere while Jester is doing what I want him to do.

It is now much easier to keep an eye on the sky even without the datalink.

One trick to setting up your profile is to always have the first command hit the menu button twice. This gets you to the main menu, so your subsequent commands always start from the same reference point and dont get messed up if the contextual menu switches around.

So, for instance, one of my macros is:

A (menu key)

A

If I remember correctly that's "scan center" to set azimuth to center. Either that or its "scan level" for elevation center.

• 2 months later...
Do you think we could have an extra instruction in the Jester menu to "draw his attention" to a particular area around us - something similar to the JHMCS AIM-9X designator? A situation where Jester doesn't notice an incoming missile but the pilot does IS realisitc. However, it is also realistic for the pilot to be able to inform the RIO of the threat and let him counter that threat accordingly..

The "spot" command does exactly that. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/