Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

Hi guys, I need some light.

Yesterday I plug a brand new HP Reverb bough from HP and I'm having a Hololens driver error warning, executed the WMR portal, first, it did a check on my system and all was ok and then it said that a driver is needed and stay in this windows and nothing more. My windows 10 is updated to the latest version, I have a 1080ti, 32gb ram, I7, SSD, etc.

Can you help me?

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

You may have seen this already, but did you try disabling hot plug devices as suggested in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=251377

That helped for me.

Thanks Spark vark.

I did that but did not see any improvement.

Now I have uninstalled everything (steamVR, windows mixed reality for steam, Windows mixed reality portal and the cliffhouse software).

I would add the disabling hot plug devices again after reinstalling everything.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I just discovered it is not a problem from steamVR of windows mixed reality software.

I am playing without any of VR software installed on the monitor and I see the exact stuttering .

This is latest dcs open beta and no mod installed.

My fps goes suddenly from 80 down to 13 on a normal flight(F-16 free flight in NTTR) during those stuttering instances and eventually goes back to normal fps only to repeat again after a few seconds.

This is exactly what was translating to my vr.

Time to try the hot plug device option.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

It may have been asked but search shows nothing. How do I disable Windows Mixed Reality automatic screen-lock so I can use my mouse

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

It may have been asked but search shows nothing. How do I disable Windows Mixed Reality automatic screen-lock so IO can use my mouse

do you mean use your mouse in the game? or use your mouse in windows?

ALT-Y should enable you, change your mouse focus, ALT-Enter when you are in game to prevent it losing focus in game.

Also in game if all else fails fire up one of the hand controllers, select re-centre seat position, and then click in game

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It may have been asked but search shows nothing. How do I disable Windows Mixed Reality automatic screen-lock so IO can use my mouse
In the Mixed Reality Portal (on your monitor) you can change it in settings (the headset option I think) and scroll down and change the switching of mouse & keyboard between headset and PC from automatic to manual.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

You can still force the mouse out by clicking the edge outside game play window. You can also check vr setting in dcs where you can uncheck cursor confined to game screen.

Never used it though as I could just click outside the game screen and use the mouse on other stuff.

Thanks to all found the setting in the Windows setting/mixed reality/headset were I can change from Windows key + y to auto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

which process is responsible for motion reprojection in WMR?

Hi all,

well, I am dealing with WMR&Reverb settings/tunning; I am almost fine with it now, but what the hell, which of the processes is responsible for WMR motion reprojection? Or is it calculated by GPU?

Screenshot of running processes is attached; as you probably noted, it is Instant Action/FA-18/Ready on the Ramp

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.f2f5fc954ec5485bbd5cd05b1dfc67ab.jpg

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Hi all,

well, I am dealing with WMR&Reverb settings/tunning; I am almost fine with it now, but what the hell, which of the processes is responsible for WMR motion reprojection? Or is it calculated by GPU?

Screenshot of running processes is attached; as you probably noted, it is Instant Action/FA-18/Ready on the Ramp

Info for WMR for SteamVR

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

Conf guide for Reverb and DCS:

https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

Edited by Werewolf_fs

i am well avare of both, thanks

Do You know answer to my quaestion?

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

i am well avare of both, thanks

Do You know answer to my quaestion?

I am not sure but I understand that it is not a separate process, is part of the WMR driver for Steam VR or at least it’s none of those seen in his capture

...is part of the WMR driver for Steam VR...

WMR motion reporojection is not calculated by SteamVR as far as I know;

realtime motion reprojecton of 9megapixels (in the case of Reverb) is not easy job; there must be a process, which loads CPU or GPU; maybe it is not on my list as the picture is cutted, but it was shot when DCS was running and processes were sorted by CPU load; high to low

• 2 weeks later...

wju, as far as I can tell, there is NO WAY TO DISABLE PROJECTION ON WMR DEVICES. It is not as simple as ending a process...

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

wju, as far as I can tell, there is NO WAY TO DISABLE PROJECTION ON WMR DEVICES. It is not as simple as ending a process...

hmm, I am really unsure where is reprojection calculated and also wonder, that no one can answer, just guess or speculation (like i do ).

Everyone is smart like TV, but evidence based valid info is lacking.

Based on my last readings on microsoft pages, I quess, the reprojection is calculated on GPU, but really guessing.

regarding on/off:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

scroll down to "Enabling motion reprojection for SteamVR Apps"

• 5 weeks later...

It means your cameras are not tracking . Low room light levels , lack of contrast in the room , or cameras turned off in windows system settings are all possibilities , among others .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Just a heads up that WMR for SteamVR beta has just been updated. So to enable reprojection you will need to edit the default.vrsettings file again.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I just installed Odyssey+. Last week I had the Rift-S and couldnt dial in to see the text on the gauges clear, thought it was because I measured my IPD at about 70 to 72, and couldnt make the manual adjustment on the Rift-S. Today, I setup the Odyssey+, and Im having the same difficulty? I wear glasses to see far away, I also have computer glasses, dont need glasses for up close.

My DCS settings are mostly all maxed out and run great FPS on my monitor. I tinkered around for a long time adjusting pixel density, between 1 and 2.3, and also trying different glasses. Gauges are not very legible? I also went into Steam and moved the slider up to 140 as suggested elsewhere. I have no idea what more adjustments I could possibly make, but feel i am missing something? Thanks for any help.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I just installed Odyssey+. Last week I had the Rift-S and couldnt dial in to see the text on the gauges clear, thought it was because I measured my IPD at about 70 to 72, and couldnt make the manual adjustment on the Rift-S. Today, I setup the Odyssey+, and Im having the same difficulty? I wear glasses to see far away, I also have computer glasses, dont need glasses for up close.

My DCS settings are mostly all maxed out and run great FPS on my monitor. I tinkered around for a long time adjusting pixel density, between 1 and 2.3, and also trying different glasses. Gauges are not very legible? I also went into Steam and moved the slider up to 140 as suggested elsewhere. I have no idea what more adjustments I could possibly make, but feel i am missing something? Thanks for any help.

The Odyssey+ has a rather soft blurry image to get rid of the SDE, unfortunately there isn't much you can do to sharpen it up. Also the focal length of most HMDs is around 2m so you may need your glasses,

I also have O+ and recently I have found out empirically that you have to use really high resolution in SteamVR in order to get sharper picture. Try using something in range 400 to 500%. Of course this is really demanding for your GPU, so you have to give up some of the eye candy. Currently I am using DCS in game SS 0.8 and SteamVR resolution 400% ( 2902x3638 ).

It could be that there is some regression in SteamVR rendering pipeline causing extra blurriness, you can read about it in SteamVR discussion forum. And there is only so much you can do with the current resolution of VR headsets, maybe Reverb would improve sharpness considerably from O+. Otherwise we just have to wait for higher resolution HMDs.

Edit: Breaking news from WMR for SteamVR discussion:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/0/1629665087691809087/?ctp=4#c1736632644636612773

Edited by Unclezam

@Baldrick33, Thanks, but as I stated, I tried with and without glasses.

@Unclezam, Thanks, I had no idea we could run that high, I certainly have nothing to loose trying that. Regarding the Breaking News info, since i just downloaded and installed last night, I would imagine I have the latest version? I will check tonight. I will say this, 1st I had to setup WMR, then I understood that I had to download and install WMR for Steam VR. I had difficulty finding that while logged into Steam, even while looking for it in Steams search box. Never did find it there, I wound up doing a google search and navigated through that to install it. Install was a pain! It kept asking me to plug in the headset when it was already plugged in and working in WMR? I wound up having to pull the cables a few times to get it. Then sometimes the mouse curser works when the headset is on, sometimes not? In DCS/VR Tab, I have the mouse selected to work both in the game and outside, controllers off. I would have to take the headset off my head at point it at the monitor to use the mouse in DCS. Also, when DCS loads, the screens you see are distorted and flicker. Once in the game, all is well? My maiden flight with Steam VR and Odeysses was extremely frustrating,,, will give it another go tonight. Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle