Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

QFT - among other things...

Which QFT are you referring to?, there's 3 Defi's now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This review has been posted in this thread at least 5 times already, lol. joystick.gif

We need a VR Headset Emoji.:pilotfly:

Which QFT are you referring to?, there's 3 Defi's now.

This review has been posted in this thread at least 5 times already, lol.

- Yes, hence another reason to support a VR subforum

We need a VR Headset Emoji.

- I'd fear then, that TrackIR people would want one, too...then we'd have cats and dogs living together in no time...

I'm just happy to have DCS working with the Oculus v1.3 runtimes. It's really great to have it, and gives such a wonderful user experience. I look forward to the improvements as they come!

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

This review has been posted in this thread at least 5 times already, lol.

- Yes, hence another reason to support a VR subforum

We need a VR Headset Emoji.

- I'd fear then, that TrackIR people would want one, too...then we'd have cats and dogs living together in no time...

I'm just happy to have DCS working with the Oculus v1.3 runtimes. It's really great to have it, and gives such a wonderful user experience. I look forward to the improvements as they come!

Happy flying! :pilotfly:

You're in the VR Subforum.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

well goodness...now I want a button box emojii, too...what a morning this has been...

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Actually I took his comments to be asking if his system would be good enough for Rift and running DCS World, I know he is a DCS World player, so makes sense... in that case of course that is on topic here.

You can lay off the comments about moderation as well. If you have issues you can PM me or someone else on the moderation team.

1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.

Thanks SiTh.....yes, my CV1 would be used exclusively for DCS.

Cheers guy's, some really good answers here, thanks a lot.

EDIT

I just ran the Steam VR test and all checks out :)

However I will have to upgrade and install more USB 3.0 ports as I only have 3 at the moment.

and another issue...

Their Compatibility Tool is Super Strict, Like Extremely Strict.

On that note, the MAJOR Issue that alot of people are runnning into is USB3 controllers,

ASMedia and Eltron are extremely problematic, Eltron USB3 drivers will blue screen your system either immediately after you plug in the HMD, or it will lock up the driver and you're system's USB3 ports will no longer detect devices as they are attached or removed, and eventually blue screen when the driver times out.

When I ran the test on the OR site it also flagged up about my USB's it's response was.....

"Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller"

now I'm not sure what this is but if I added an extra PCI-E USB card to get some extra USB ports, would this eliminate the issue?

Excuse my ignorance on PC hardware, I can get by on the usual stuff but this is getting a bit cloudy now!!

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.