DCS Intro screen screenshot competition.

ENO

Haven't looked to see if this has already been requested but one of the other sims I'm involved in has a weekly screenshot competition with some relatively tight guidelines that are voted on by members of the community...

I find many of the different themes less than inspiring yet I do see some very impressive creativity on the part of the community.

Certainly there were also some challenges with people and multiple accounts voting for themselves- so it would require some oversight and the ED / 3rd party devs would need to have the final say on photos regarding their own modules... but I think it would be a great opportunity to provide exposure to the creativity in the community as well as a fresh look at different aspects of DCS World.

A couple things (I feel) that helped:

1) I don't think weekly is necessary but maybe a monthly event to help minimize oversight and also test the concept?

2) A defined theme, providing participants with the broadest possible opportunity to capture the theme with a wide variety of modules.

3) Specific resolution limitations so that people with lower end, single monitor systems are able to participate.

4) Participants need to disclose what map / module they were using when the photo was taken.

If not a game / title screen shot then it could be a forum banner...

Just thinking...

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

i actually like the idea.

It's a way to get the community together and involved in something more "intimate" with the sim,

I doubt it will happen though, at least for the in-game menu background, simply because ED has it "local" to each computer and would require a patch download for it to change.

Many games, especially the latest installments of known series (COD, BF, free stuff like WT and such) have part of their stuff streamed from a server, so they can alter things without the need of a download for clients (there's still a download but you don't see it anyway)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

:megalol:

I think you guys need to take this to reddit :lol:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1