TRIGGERS AND USE ACTIONS GROUP AI OFF/ON FOR GROUP OF PLANES

mosqui

In the mission editor when I try to perform a trigger associated with the GROUP AI OFF / ON action for a group of airplanes, these groups of airplanes do not appear in the combo. It is as if the action GROUP AI OFF / ON only out of application to terrestrial or marine groups.

Could someone clarify this doubt and give me a solution so that I can apply the GROUP AI OFF / ON action to aircraft groups?

Thanks in advance

As you have discovered, the option does not exist for aircraft.

If in flight, you can achieve a similar result by setting the options ROE -> WEAPON HOLD and REACTION TO THREAT -> NONE at the desired waypoint or through using triggered actions and AI TASK PUSH. The aircraft will fly their route, ignoring any attacks against them.

If you want the plane to wait on the ramp prior to takeoff, select the group check the "uncontrolled" box next to late activation. In triggered actions add PERFORM COMMAND -> START. The plane will appear unoccupied on the ramp at mission start. When an AI TASK PUSH activates their start command, a pilot will appear inside the jet and it will spool up and perform its assigned tasking.

If in flight, you can achieve a similar result by setting the options ROE -> WEAPON HOLD and REACTION TO THREAT -> NONE at the desired waypoint or through using triggered actions and AI TASK PUSH. The aircraft will fly their route, ignoring any attacks against them.

If you want the plane to wait on the ramp prior to takeoff, select the group check the "uncontrolled" box next to late activation. In triggered actions add PERFORM COMMAND -> START. The plane will appear unoccupied on the ramp at mission start. When an AI TASK PUSH activates their start command, a pilot will appear inside the jet and it will spool up and perform its assigned tasking.

I will try it .

Thanks very much

I have tried what you told me and it has worked perfectly for what I wanted; To do a mission in the air support group should be activated when another group had problems but not at the beginning of the mission, and did not want to use group activate because it submerges because the planes do not appear until the trigger is activated.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

Use push task not set task. 

Make sure nothing is blocking their path or if other AI have landed and are still taxiing to their final parking location. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ok...I figured it out and this is something to check..

DCS works fine.

What I found out was there was some aircraft I put on the airfield that the game did not like or whatever.

I removed all AC and tried the triggers and it worked...then as I added more AC and things, I tested....all good till I was finished.

This issue was present with Activate unit, AI task push etc...the AC would start up but NOT move or taxi to take off.

Odd, but at least now people will be able to try this work around/fix if they have the same issue.