JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

MAWS is installed starting from later prototypes and is both seen in block I and block II (but usually caged). You can tell from the tail numbers that XX-1XX is a block I and XX-2XX is a block II.

attachment.php?attachmentid=183921&d=1525527387

attachment.php?attachmentid=183922&d=1525527387

attachment.php?attachmentid=183923&d=1525527387

Aren't those RWR antennas, like A-10A has on its nose and tail?

1463407404894608.jpeg

I may be wrong, but they look quite similar, while MAWS detectors often have a clearly visible optical elements.

dsc_2892s_650-1.jpg?w=675&h=452

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Guest

I'm looking forward to flying the JF-17 as an aggressor against the guys in my virtual Canadian Hornet squadron for ACM training. The pirouette logic of the FBW and the simulation recovering itself looks very good to me. I think the fact that the JF-17 is full fidelity, multirole with the ability to carry a wide variety of weapons, it looks like it has pretty good AA missiles, it has MFD's and an informative HUD, and what looks like fairly good visibility out of the cockpit will make this simulation a game changer for people looking to fly red jets on multiplayer servers.

If the JF-17 is offered in EA for a 20-25% discount similar to the Hornet I would pick it up in EA.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

I'm looking forward to flying the JF-17 as an aggressor against the guys in my virtual squadron. The pirouette logic of the FBW and the simulation recovering itself looks very good to me. I think the fact that the JF-17 is full fidelity, multirole with the ability to carry a wide variety of weapons, it looks like it has pretty good AA missiles, it has MFD's and an informative HUD, and what looks like fairly good visibility out of the cockpit will make this simulation a game changer for people looking to fly red jets on multiplayer servers.

If the JF-17 is offered in EA for a 20-25% discount similar to the Hornet I would pick it up in EA.

One could say, the JF-17 is the red coalitions F-16, for just half the price of an F-16... :music_whistling:

Only thing we may be missing is SEAD, or can it do SEAD as well?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yes I think it can, but don't know if Block one is capable of Source
Yep, I am unsure as well. The Block II should have the CM-102, but it is not clear if Block I has this capability or not.

We will see where Deka Ironworks is going with this. Block II could also add an IRST, HMD/S.

One can hope.

A JF-17 Block II would be a great adversary for the Hornet...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Does the Block 1 support link 17?
From what limited info is available, likely yes. Though I would rather wait, what Deka Ironworks state as final feature set, when they get near early access.

The JF-17 has a lot of interesting options IRL and it seems the Deka guys have pretty good sources, as well as clearance to model quite a lot...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Yes according to this source
That is not saying anything about the block version it is implemented with.

Reading inbetween a lot of "will", "could" and "if" statements in this 2016 post, it sounds more as a feature added in block II or even later versions.

I hope we will see this and the broad range of weapons (eastern and western systems) on the JF-17, but I would not state any feature as a matter of fact, until Deka Ironworks finalise its early access.

This community tends to "demand" a lot of things as "committed features" as soon as they read any wishlist post about something... ;)

Shagrat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I look forward to the JF-17 module. I hope all goes well and it is successfully released. The JF-17 would provide redfor with a full fidelity FBW multirole fighter with a glass cockpit, which is needed badly to keep redfor competitive in the MP environment given the releases of upcoming blue full fidelity modules like the Hornet, Tomcat, and Phantom.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

I look forward to the JF-17 module. I hope all goes well and it is successfully released. The JF-17 would provide redfor with a full fidelity FBW multirole fighter with a glass cockpit, which is needed badly to keep redfor competitive in the MP environment given the releases of upcoming blue full fidelity modules like the Hornet, Tomcat, and Phantom.

totally true and i hope it will come soon in an adequate quality!

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Is already stated If we will get the version with refuelling probe or the early one without the probe?

this is not decided yet. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

this is not decided yet. :)
I can help with that decision: Make the one with the refueling probe!

;)

Shagrat

I was under the distinct impression it was confirmed to be Block I which does not have refueling probe.
Then upgrade to Block I with field modification... ;)

Shagrat