The Flying Legends - TFC - 9th July Pics n Vid

Heli Shed

Well...............................................

Spoilt for choice i think the phrase is!

What a simply awesome day, and one i will repeat in the future for sure! There was everything there from Dragon Rapide's to P51 Mustangs, from Corsairs to Spitfires and Hurricanes, from the dangerous 109's to the manouverable Bearcat (in the hands of Simon Grey anyway!).

To meet Jim Mack was great, Dmitry inspirational, my 2ic of the 74th an honour, Eddie and the VRA brilliant.

The airshow was 3 hrs of non stop flying. It was an 'air ballet' with no breaks of even 30 seconds. Very well done indeed!

The finale was a 32 ship 'balboa' formation with all the aircraft involved. The skies of England haven't seen that since WW2.

Here are but just a few pictures and a vid of the first half of the 'Balboa'. If it wets your appetite, then do please consider lending your support by attending next year.

regards

'T'

Skyraider - Wings up

5.JPG

P51 Mustangs, F4 Corsair and Spitfire Taxiing

17.JPG

Skyraiders in the Background with a bloke who's missing his rifle?

19.JPG

Skyraider - Wings down

6.JPG

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

T,

you forgot to mention the excellent museum collection. Never seen anything like it.

The flightline and flying display were superb.

And it's always good to put faces to the names and voices we know from the forums/teamspeak, and meet up with people. Very pleased to meet my WC, Zax, Jim Mack and the very elegant and always helpfull Dorris, Virtual Red Arrows (we're not worthy, we're not worthy), Eddie, and of course Dimitri.

Thank you all.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

I've read a P-51 had a mid air collision with a Sky Raider, mustang crashed but pilot bailed out and the skyraider landed safely but minus part of one wing. Happened today at Duxford :(

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Such a shame to hear about the mid-air today but thank god both pilots are ok, machines are replacable, great men are not.

VRA (we're not worthy) haha thanks for that, it was great meeting you guys and sorry we didn't get much time to chat to you. We were at our spot in hangar2 all morning and the display as you say Tyger was absoultely non-stop which I've never had at an airshow for as long as I can remember going to them at 4 years old (and we're talking 34 years since then).

Again a huge thanks to Jim and Nick for inviting us there and meeting Jim is always a great honour for me.

On behalf of the VRA, a big thank you to all.

True unfortunately :

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly working through my photos, took a total of 547 throughout the day (10Gb in total) and have so far managed to whittle that down to just 173. Still have a way to go, want to get it down to around 30 that are worth keeping. But in the mean time here are 4 that I've managed to make something out of.

Hope you guys like them.

6014545529_fece00f549_b.jpg

_JTK0884.jpg by jamesknight82, on Flickr

6014546167_3230db791d_b.jpg

_JTK0886.jpg by jamesknight82, on Flickr

6015095474_9125c51def_b.jpg

_JTK0900.jpg by jamesknight82, on Flickr

6014547297_848d7ab073_b.jpg

_JTK1157.jpg by jamesknight82, on Flickr

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL