Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1

Mnemonic

It case anyone runs into my problem-the solution ended up being to exempt BSVP from the Server firewall. I mistakenly assumed that that wouldnt be a problem, and also it was a non issue with LOVP. Anyway thanks for the amazing software and looking forward to A10 VP. Good luck with above Andy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I want to give bsvp a try but I need to figure something out..

As well as the gauges I want to put my two cougar MFD's on the monitor. They will be top left and top right. The gauges will go in the center, between the mfds, as well as abross the bottom. Like an inverted T.

I also want some graphics where the MFD's are. The graphics are just going to show the mappings for the buttons so they will be jpg/png etc.

It seems that I cant add any graphics to the bsvp screen and because it always wants to be at the front I cannot put the graphics over the window in a viewer..

Any ideas how I would put the jpg's in the same area as bsvp's window?

Thanks.

Hellfrog, this is how I did i in the end.

I didnt use that utility to move bsvp in to the background. Instead I used mplayer to load my graphics that I wanted to show behind the mfd's. mplayer has the option to always be in front and it stays in front of BSVP. I can load two instances of mplayer, one for each graphic.

mplayer will also show the graphic borderless, i.e. no menus, status bar, top of window bar etc so it goes well.

BSVP is not running full screen, it is running maximised in it's window.

Thinking I could get all this working I made a module for my racing/flying pit to accommodate a 19" monitor with the mfd's.

Here it is going with the two graphics sitting on top of BSVP.

bsvp.thumb.jpg.dacc7e2c9d93f7a85c50d26dbc91037d.jpg

Sorry, I forgot the name as I wrote the post. mplayer is the exe name :music_whistling:

It's media player classic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Player_Classic

When loading a jpg etc it wont find them in it's browser, you have to make sure you are looking for all files *.* and it will show and load static images.

When it runs borderless you can drag it around for position by clicking anywhere on the image, nice when there isn't a top window bar.

• 3 months later...

Awesome application! congratulations :)

But it is not working for me :< when I start a mission BSVP becomes white, if I minimize Black Shark, BSVP works fine, it says "Connected" but no way to have it working at the same time that Black Shark is restored.

Also, if I press Alt-Enter to set BSVP to full screen, it does it in the main screen instead of the secondary one.

I read the full thread searching for someone with the same problem, and I found this at the top of the 10th page: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=830835&postcount=91

But it seems they solved it in private by Team Speak? u _u

Any ideas of how to solve it? I use Windows 7 64 bits running Black Shark in fullscreen, with two monitors in the same graphic card.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english :P

Anyone else tried this to run on Linux using Wine?

Any plans to port to linux? I know it doesn't make much sense in most cases but snce I have one laptop free for BSVP and map it would be very useful.

No plans for Linux, BSVP made in Quest3D engine, based on DirectX, so only available way to do a port is to rewrite whole BSVP from scratch.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I have a problem connecting to BSVP. I put the export.lua and config.lua in config\export dir, running first BSVP and then BS but after unpaused BSVP shows "Disconnected".

I have both in the same pc. Also probed writing the local IP but nothing.

What else can I do?

Another problem: hotkeys not work.

Edited by X-Oso

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks

I have been having some difficulty getting BSVP running and when I started looking at my export.lua I found these lines;

if main_panel then

main_panel:update_arguments() -- íà âñÿêèé ñëó÷àé åñëè ìû äàâíî íå ðèñîâàëè êàáèíó íàïðèìåð íà âíåøíèõ âèäàõ

--main_panel:get_argument_value(166) -- ëàìïî÷êà êîíåö ìàðøðóòà , àðãóìåíòû âñå â mainpanel_init.lua

vv = main_panel:get_argument_value(24)

Wow now that's weird, it must be something with Notepad, when I posted this all the gobbly gook the browser changed it to numbers. maybe I figured out my problem.

It looked to me like some kind of data corruption so I, I downloaded the files again from a different source and it was the same.

Is this what is supposed to be in the script?

Edited by wholehawg

Hi Mnmonic,

big thank you for this great application!

Unfortunetly i have one little problem. BSVP is configured right an working perfectly so far but when started i cant trim (Forcefeedback) anymore with my Logitech G940. When closing BSVP the G940 sends trim to BlackShark without problems. Tried it several times. It seems that something is blocking a few DirectX commands.

In Post #39 Gadroc has had exact the same issue with G940 too. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46579&page=4

Is there a way to compile a new one with maybe newer questviewer.exe or something? So its up to date?

With LOVP in Flaming Cliffs2 there are no problems with Forcefeedback. Whats the difference to BSVP? Or can you plz "make" one, like BSVP, for testing?

I like this app so much but i cant use it without trimming with my G940. Hope you can help!

Thx in advance...

Greetings,

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just found this link on one of the other threads

http://twower.livejournal.com/522538.html

is this LOVP running on the Sim?

0_5a842_dcd4ccfb_XL.jpg

Looks like a neat Touchbuddy profile too :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png