Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1

Mnemonic

I want to run BSVP on a second computer on my router network. I have placed the IP address of this second computer in the export file for BSVP. Do I know run BSVP from my main computer (that will run BS) or do I run it on the second computer? If on the second computer, what IP address do I use and does the BSVP and option and export files for BSVP all go on the second computer?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to run BSVP on a second computer on my router network. I have placed the IP address of this second computer in the export file for BSVP. Do I know run BSVP from my main computer (that will run BS) or do I run it on the second computer? If on the second computer, what IP address do I use and does the BSVP and option and export files for BSVP all go on the second computer?

You put the export.lua I uploaded for you in the appropriate folder on your main PC (i.e. Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\Export) and edit it with notepad++, replacing the IP address in this line:

gBSVPHost = "192.168.123.102"

..with the IP address of your second PC (which you can determine by clicking start, run, typing "cmd" and then "ipconfig" on your second PC). Then you run BSVP on your second PC and start DCS:BS on your main PC. When you unpause a mission, BSVP should say "connected" and the gauges will work.

Cheers,

DD

Clearly stated. I will try tonight. I only wish everything was as clearly written.

thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

DickDastardly, do you have any idea where this hanging in my main PC with BS is coming from when it is talking to BSVP on my secondary PC? Did you experienced something like this?:helpsmilie:

No I never had this problem but I've added a post to your pit thread with a suggestion which might be worth trying. You could also try temporarily unplugging your internet cable and turning off all firewalls, anti-virus etc (check no anti-virus processes are running in your task manager as sometimes parts of an AV program continue to run even when you've supposedly turned it off). Also, check there are no other apps running on either PC which might be trying to use your network (like file sharing programs etc).

Cheers,

DD

Edited by DickDastardly

DickDastardly, do you have any idea where this hanging in my main PC with BS is coming from when it is talking to BSVP on my secondary PC? Did you experienced something like this?:helpsmilie:

Is BSVP actually displaying the correct values on the gauges? Or are you getting 2 second stutters when the gauges are not working?

If the connection between Black Shark and BSVP is not working the current Export script does not set a timeout on the socket, which would cause the behaviors you've seen. If the gauges are updating properly then I'm not sure why that would be happening.

DD

BSVP worked on my secondary computer and it only took 4 attempts. Thanks for the advice. Now for my next question. I have an old computer that runs Win98se for older games. Would BSVP run on this computer? It uses an old 266 speed chip and Directx from long ago. thanks.

DD

BSVP worked on my secondary computer and it only took 4 attempts. Thanks for the advice. Now for my next question. I have an old computer that runs Win98se for older games. Would BSVP run on this computer? It uses an old 266 speed chip and Directx from long ago. thanks.

I'm not sure tbh m8 - I know the system requirements are pretty low as Mnemonic has run BSVP fine on a netbook, but I suspect a 266 might struggle. It would also depend on what graphics card your old machine has. The best way to find out would be to just give it a go.

Cheers,

DD

"Export.lua script is always local , but if EnableExportScript = false

you cannot access to cheat posible functions : LoGetWorldObjects and LoGetObjectByID

this functions always will return nil..."

sorry if this has been covered already. The above statement from the config.lua, in a nutshell, says export.lua will always work to the local machine, regardless of "EnableExportScript = false" line. I copied this line from my config.lua, so you can see BSVP does indeed work and BSVP works in MP with my setup this way.

Making the EnableExportScript=true only allows people to 'cheat' in a MP game. So, perhaps export.lua (for cockpit building) will not be as big as a factor to MP as people were thinking in the past(?)

MP servers can leave the line set to false and that should take care of that.

Edited by JG14_Smil

OK, I simply turned off Kaspersky internet security on primary PC, et voila! BSVP is running smoothly on secondary computer and no more hangs in BS. Video on the way.

nice find, how annoying, good your running smooth again

love to see more of your pit, video on the way you say? :)

Edited by G3

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I have tried BSVP a few times but find is almost impossable to fly with it running. I am suffering from huge amounts of lag and my BS wil go from 60Fps to just under 10 - making the game unplayable.

Now i know it can be run on a second PC but really i dont want to go down that path. I was hoping that there may be some way to improove performance. I have tried turning off my firewall, and AV but still no joy.

I really love BSVP but i rear i (and many others) will never be able to use it without getting another computer running.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. untill I added a second a vid card 8500GT to run BSVP. It is working well but I am still gitting a FPS hit of 5-8 FPS. But oy does it look good. Going to work on gitting my rudder pedals to work right with Win 7 so I can start using that system. :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I found a way to get the program to run . I had to move the screan I am puting BSVP on had to be on my 8800GT as the 8500GT was not suporting openGL and causing crashes. I also tryed taking off the over clock on the CPU and RAM and now it is running fine. I am going thrue upping the speed of my CPU to find the stable point of theas programs runnint together.

I will be starting all over agin when I get my new (to me) 8800GT to take the place of the 8500gt hoping that BSVP will run on the second 8800gt. ten I will see how far up I can go with the OC of the CPU. 3.6GH is my max for stabilty right now. ( I realt need beter ram)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Interesting find, can someone on the team comment on this?

"Export.lua script is always local , but if EnableExportScript = false

you cannot access to cheat posible functions : LoGetWorldObjects and LoGetObjectByID

this functions always will return nil..."

sorry if this has been covered already. The above statement from the config.lua, in a nutshell, says export.lua will always work to the local machine, regardless of "EnableExportScript = false" line. I copied this line from my config.lua, so you can see BSVP does indeed work and BSVP works in MP with my setup this way.

Making the EnableExportScript=true only allows people to 'cheat' in a MP game. So, perhaps export.lua (for cockpit building) will not be as big as a factor to MP as people were thinking in the past(?)

MP servers can leave the line set to false and that should take care of that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have 2 monitors, my main one with BS and the other one I have setup and running. I can see my desktop photo on both monitors and can bring up the BSVP panel, but, do not no how to get it over to my second monitor? any ideas? thanks

Do i need to go to my control panel under desktop and set "Duplicate Displays" or something?

Edited by =ScE=Black1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I use 3 monitors. Main Monitor is runing with DCS:BS an other both with Touchbuddy. The monitor to the right using BSVP too. My problem: when i start DCS:BS in fullscreen, the BSVP(1.1) turn white. I ca't read my gauges. I think no problem. I start DCS:BS in window mode and BSVP runing normal! Great work! But.... i can't play DCS:BS in window-mode... i lost all my Frames.... (WinXP, 8Gig RAM, AMD6400+ dual code and geForce 260 GTX) What can i do, to play DCS:BS in fullscreen and using BSVP1.1 ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your SIX is my Twelve! :thumbup::pilotfly:

http://www.youtube.com/kill4funaug?gl=DE&hl=de

8gigs of ram with winXP does nothing, you are not able to use more than 3.? with XP so the other ram is doing nothing, switch to win7 64bit and be able to use that ram. I believe this will help you immensely.

Can I ask were you found ( a link please) the combat radio talk that is in your video "part1 a day in the cockpit" or something like that, it sounded great and would like to put it in my R800 radio frequency.

Edited by =ScE=Black1