LAU-131 vs LAU-68 and M151 vs MK5 rockets

Delta59R

Wanted to put this together because I had troubles getting info on this, if you guys know any other details please advise. Also does anyone know if the dmg model is actually different?

LAU-131 M151- (HE) / 225lbs / white canister color /(HEDP)=High Explosive Dual Purpose

LAU-131 MK5- (HE) / 201lbs / white canister color /(HEAT)=High Explosive Anti-Tank

LAU-68 M151- (HE) /251lbs / ODG canister color (external thermal protection coating) / (HEDP)=High Explosive Dual Purpose

LAU-68 MK5- (HE) /227lbs / ODG canister color (external thermal protection coating) /(HEAT)=High Explosive Anti-Tank

• Like 1

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

Wanted to put this together because I had troubles getting info on this, if you guys know any other details please advise. Also does anyone know if the dmg model is actually different?

LAU-131 M151- (HE) / 225lbs / white canister color /(HEDP)=High Explosive Dual Purpose

LAU-131 MK5- (HE) / 201lbs / white canister color /(HEAT)=High Explosive Anti-Tank

LAU-68 M151- (HE) /251lbs / ODG canister color (external thermal protection coating) / (HEDP)=High Explosive Dual Purpose

LAU-68 MK5- (HE) /227lbs / ODG canister color (external thermal protection coating) /(HEAT)=High Explosive Anti-Tank

Rockets in DCS.

Launcher`s:

- the LAU-131, would be a 65 lbs (empty) 7 rockets capacity (2.75 INCH/70MM.) launcher, using the Hydra 70 rockets.

- the LAU-68, extended length rocket launcher, fires the same Hydra 70 rockets 2.75 INCH/70MM and 27 lbs heavier.

Note, We also have the LAU-61, which is a digital rocket launcher that can fire guided or unguided rockets and is used by the US. Navy. 205 lbs and 19 rockets capacity, 2.75 INCH/70MM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warheads:

Mk-5 HEAT: The Mk-5 is equipped with a High Explosive Anti-Tank warhead capable of defeating armored targets. Direct hit is required to defeat armored targets. Without a direct hit the warhead still maintains a blast and fragmentation effect on targets in close proximity.

M-151 HE Fragmentation: Effective against all types of soft ground targets from infantry to trucks and other unarmored vehicles. M-151 rockets can be employed against light armored if required, but only with limited effectiveness.

Let me know if I forgot something.

Rockets in DCS.

Launcher`s:

- the LAU-131, would be a 65 lbs (empty) 7 rockets capacity (2.75 INCH/70MM.) launcher, using the Hydra 70 rockets.

- the LAU-68, extended length rocket launcher, fires the same Hydra 70 rockets 2.75 INCH/70MM and 27 lbs heavier.

Note, We also have the LAU-61, which is a digital rocket launcher that can fire guided or unguided rockets and is used by the US. Navy. 205 lbs and 19 rockets capacity, 2.75 INCH/70MM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warheads:

Mk-5 HEAT: The Mk-5 is equipped with a High Explosive Anti-Tank warhead capable of defeating armored targets. Direct hit is required to defeat armored targets. Without a direct hit the warhead still maintains a blast and fragmentation effect on targets in close proximity.

M-151 HE Fragmentation: Effective against all types of soft ground targets from infantry to trucks and other unarmored vehicles. M-151 rockets can be employed against light armored if required, but only with limited effectiveness.

Let me know if I forgot something.

question: in game, does M-151 actually have a larger damage radius than Mk-5? trying to see if there's an actual reason to use one over the other. or if Mk-5 is good all-around

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

question: in game, does M-151 actually have a larger damage radius than Mk-5? trying to see if there's an actual reason to use one over the other. or if Mk-5 is good all-around

After doing a little testing against a T90 tank with both, im not comftorble claming the MK5 is any better against armored targets than the M-151 is. They both damaged the tank and in fact I acually had better results with the M-151... go figure. I also cant see a difference in length or accuracy between the Lau-131 or 68. So unless you just need/like the OD green, go with the lighter white Lau-131.

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

After doing a little testing against a T90 tank with both, im not comftorble claming the MK5 is any better against armored targets than the M-151 is. They both damaged the tank and in fact I acually had better results with the M-151... go figure. I also cant see a difference in length or accuracy between the Lau-131 or 68. So unless you just need/like the OD green, go with the lighter white Lau-131.

awesome info, thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

HEAT rounds of all types have a shaped charge (Munroe effect) warhead that are intended to hit a target and penetrate. once penetration is achieved the warhead blows up inside the target. this is same for tank rounds marked as HEAT. i was an M60 crewman. we had three rounds essentially. HEAT, HE and Sabot. i think the reason why the HE rockets do more damage than HEAT rockets (other than direct hit) is there is less explosive in HEAT. basically dig into the ground a little then blow up. dirt is a good insulation. with composite armor the HEAT round is less effective.

HEAT WiKi

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain