A10 BFTC

Cosmic_AK

I purchased the A10C Basic Flight Training Course, Tactical Training Qualification, and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification through Steam.

Have to say after attempting the Basic Flight Training Course I am extremely frustrated. I do not know exactly how many hours I have spent on this module. I put an hour into trying to get through one mission then at the mission summary get rated unqualified and told I operated poorly cause I forgot to turn the radio off during the shutdown procedure.Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over an hour at a time............

Edited by Cosmic_AK
typed alot of stuff in anger I didnt mean.

I understand your frustrations, i was the same but pressed on through. It is an effective way to learn through repetition, you can skip missions by editing the logbook lua, once you get through there is a great sense of achievement, at least for me ;)

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over and over wasting an hour at a time............

I play the BFTC the second time and enjoy it.

Yes some times it's a little bit fustrating to get a not qualify and you don't know why. For me it was a great help to watch the videos of Recon Steward on YouTube:

I learned a lot from this campaign. It is not perfect, but I can't share your opinion. But I havn't play BMS, so I cannot compare it with DCS.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I agree. I was just frustrated when i posted. I mean I did everything perfect except turn off the radio during the shut down and I got Disqualified. So of course there must be something wrong with the game and not me right? HaHa

Gotta employ a little jiu jitsu on my ego!!

I used checklists I created for myself so I wouldn't forget items. I know its a bit of work but much less than doing it over and over again and it was akin to taking notes. Although I do agree that repetition has its benefits. Keep in mind, it is a STUDY sim. It will pay off in the end. There is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that you wouldn't have if it was easy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

My two opinions on those campaigns:

1) “Training” is highly misleading. I think of them as final exams. They will test your ability to execute within many paramters. It can seem tedious at first, but over multiple missions they add more so its crucial you master each skill.

2) Decoding and sometimes guessing what the mission paramters are can be frustrating. You are guessing what a programmer thought to check for. But again, this is actually building an essential DCS skill for “real” missions.

I spend over a year systematically completing these missions and can say confidently it was worth pushing through them.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I purchased the A10C Basic Flight Training Course, Tactical Training Qualification, and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification through Steam.

Have to say after attempting the Basic Flight Training Course I am extremely frustrated. I do not know exactly how many hours I have spent on this module. I put an hour into trying to get through one mission then at the mission summary get rated unqualified and told I operated poorly cause I forgot to turn the radio off during the shutdown procedure.Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over an hour at a time............

Hi Cosmic,

In this Forum (see link below) you´ll get a faster response from developers :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Rgds

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I completed BFTC last night (the cheering troops makes it all worth while!).

I found the campaign enjoyable and felt a degree of accomplishment after completing the final test.

I didn't realise until a few missions in that there are practice versions of the exam flights which helped in some cases. I used these (or just flew the exam) to see what was required and to practice. Most took around 3 attempts but there were a couple that took a few more and one or two that I passed first time. As has been said, make checklists initially. You'll be surprised how quickly you are able to go without but mine are always close to hand.

I mixed this campaign up with some of the standalone missions to avoid too much accumulated frustration.

Well worth persevering in my opinion.

Definitely worth the effort guys.:D I'm Just doing the same campaign and as has been mentioned, Recon Stewarts videos are well worth watching. He also covers the next two Campaigns too. The Advanced and the Tactical ones. It wasn't too clear within the campaign but yes there are practice missions included for all lessons. They are accessed through the mission planner. I find Checklists are also a must :book: It's so frustrating when after a whole test you fail for omitting a single item on the checklist.:furious::eek::poster_oops:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]