A youtube channel with lots of external view footage

Bucic

I need mah DCS fix, no way around that! :joystick: I'll appreciate any recommendations for DCS-focused channels with lots of external views and at least rudimentary camera skills. I'd like to avoid music in the background or talking as much as possible. However... If it's a WW2-focused channel there better be Diveplane's sounds or 100% music :tomato:

* I wrote "YouTube" but I don't mind other platforms

* The "lots of external view footage" isn't necessary in case of combat-saturated (especially dogfight) videos.

Here's my DCS World YouTube playlist. You can take a look yourself and see what I usually watch.

A perfect example of what I'm looking for, at least in the non-combat branch, is Corvus.Corp 81's channel!

Edited by Bucic

I posted a recommendation as explicitly requested of Bucic, and my post gets deleted for "thread hijacking?" Really?

I'll appreciate any recommendations for DCS-focused channels with lots of external views and at least rudimentary camera skills. I'd like to avoid music in the background.

Bucic, as my channel fits the majority of your criteria, you can check it out via the link in my Signature if you're interested.

Edited by Nealius

I posted a recommendation as explicitly requested of Bucic, and my post gets deleted for "thread hijacking?" Really?

Bucic, as my channel fits the majority of your criteria, you can check it out via the link in my Signature if you're interested.

Merely the first 5 seconds of this video

were enough to back your claim! :thumbup:

I've benn watching Nealius's videos recently. His content fits my preferences perfectly and is packed with some extraordinary gems!

I also recalled an old thread of mine on DCS presentation/showcasing

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1888129

• 3 weeks later...

Call it a shameless plug but I've dug up an old video of mine that I feel is also a good presentation of DCS, despite few external shots. Especially the sensation of flight. Controls position indicator enabled! :)

I need mah DCS fix, no way around that! :joystick: I'll appreciate any recommendations for DCS-focused channels with lots of external views and at least rudimentary camera skills. I'd like to avoid music in the background or talking as much as possible. However... If it's a WW2-focused channel there better be Diveplane's sounds or 100% music :tomato:

* I wrote "YouTube" but I don't mind other platforms

* The "lots of external view footage" isn't necessary in case of combat-saturated (especially dogfight) videos.

Here's my DCS World YouTube playlist. You can take a look yourself and see what I usually watch.

A perfect example of what I'm looking for, at least in the non-combat branch, is Corvus.Corp 81's channel!

Hi Bucic

At last,We need more videos focusing on external views as well as cockpit views.

Most so called movies are just cockpit view and no real in depth action from different camera perspectives.

Lukas S does some awesome Tutorial videos especially for DCS Moviemaking

and Glowing Amraam has written an excellent in depth guide into setting up Mission Builder for Dogfight Movie making https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=22099 these Guys really know their stuff,check em out.

Hi Bucic

At last,We need more videos focusing on external views as well as cockpit views.

Most so called movies are just cockpit view and no real in depth action from different camera perspectives.

Lukas S does some awesome Tutorial videos especially for DCS Moviemaking

and Glowing Amraam has written an excellent in depth guide into setting up Mission Builder for Dogfight Movie making https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=22099 these Guys really know their stuff,check em out.

I think our preferences diverge a bit :) Movie productions a la GA is not necessarily what I'm after. In the spectrum between DCS machinimas and single static view videos I'm probably closer to the static view videos :D Or to put it differently, pretty it up all you want but the presentation value has to be preserved. IMO, Clutch's videos are mostly 'presentational' with awesome camera management added as the proverbial cherry. While that's my guess in case of Clutch's videos I have no doubt about videos by Corvus.Corp 81 as he, most of the time, specifically titles his videos with information on the exact aspect of DCS he intended to showcase.

To simplify it even more, I'm an in-flight motion junkie. Hence my Su-25 video looks as it looks, hence I recorded a half an hour long video of Dora in formation. Take a look at this famous shot

I didn't rewind it 20 times in a row because it's cool cinematics. I did it because it show the motion well.

I think our preferences diverge a bit :) Movie productions a la GA is not necessarily what I'm after. In the spectrum between DCS machinimas and single static view videos I'm probably closer to the static view videos :D Or to put it differently, pretty it up all you want but the presentation value has to be preserved. IMO, Clutch's videos are mostly 'presentational' with awesome camera management added as the proverbial cherry. While that's my guess in case of Clutch's videos I have no doubt about videos by Corvus.Corp 81 as he, most of the time, specifically titles his videos with information on the exact aspect of DCS he intended to showcase.

To simplify it even more, I'm an in-flight motion junkie. Hence my Su-25 video looks as it looks, hence I recorded a half an hour long video of Dora in formation. Take a look at this famous shot

I didn't rewind it 20 times in a row because it's cool cinematics. I did it because it show the motion well.

Hi Bucic

I am confused Buddy,you say "Movie productions a la GA is not necessarily what I'm after" and that you are "an in-flight motion junkie" yet you reference one of Glowing Amraam's Videos for its in-flight motion:huh:

Edited by Warlord64

Hi Bucic

I am confused Buddy,you say "Movie productions a la GA is not necessarily what I'm after" and that you are "an in-flight motion junkie" yet you reference one of Glowing Amraam's Videos for its in-flight motion:huh:

I don't see a contradiction. I didn't say the MiG-21 teaser hits the nail on the head for me. I specifically referenced a single shot. I'm an 'in-flight motion junkie', not an 'in-flight motion picture junkie' :)

Perhaps take a step back and take a look at the beginning of the thread. The preferences I stated are only complete with the video examples, namely the one by Corvus.Corp 81 and the one by Nealius. They are both pretty far away from a usual production by GA.

Here's my pick for today!

I don't see a contradiction. I didn't say the MiG-21 teaser hits the nail on the head for me. I specifically referenced a single shot. I'm an 'in-flight motion junkie', not an 'in-flight motion picture junkie' :)

Perhaps take a step back and take a look at the beginning of the thread. The preferences I stated are only complete with the video examples, namely the one by Corvus.Corp 81 and the one by Nealius. They are both pretty far away from a usual production by GA.

Here's my pick for today!

Hi Bucic

:doh: Sorry Buddy, I get where your coming from now.

BTW ..Great pick of the day vid and we are definatly on the same page in relation to wanting to see more quality exterior shot vids

Hi Bucic

:doh: Sorry Buddy, I get where your coming from now.

BTW ..Great pick of the day vid and we are definatly on the same page in relation to wanting to see more quality exterior shot vids

Good :) Cheers!

• 8 months later...