Black Shark Virtual Panel v.1.1

Mnemonic

you are most welcome, i like to share :)

that's what it's all about, hell i'm just showing a few pics and thinking out loud,

in a few days it's as valuable to me as it is to anyone else, i have the memory of a donut.

imagine this with the bsvp client pc running 2 screens with bsvp spread/spanned/extended across both.

(the above depending on your os/videocard combination)

picture one screen either side of the abris and shkval, allowing you to place the egt,

turbine and fuel gauges to the right of centre, next to the abris.

the remainder on the left hand side next to shkval as it is in the real pit,

oh yeah this really is going to be something.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33147&stc=1&d=1257526773

now you can easily fly this puppy around without even looking @ the big screen :)

remote pc hint:

when setting up the networked pc,

you edit the export.lua on the main pc and add the address of the client pc to the line that is not ignored

(the one without the -- host = host or "localhost")

quote from site:

If you want to launch BSVP from remote PC then please, in file "Export.lua" change line

[host = host or "localhost"]

to something like

[host = host or "192.168.0.100"]

where specify your remote PC IP adress, as always take care of your firewalls.

end quote

i put mine client ip into the wrong line and wondered what was up until

the penny dropped so make sure you edit the correct line.

hopefully this saves someone a headache.

still can't believe it's a reality, thanks again Mnemonic and 3dvrm

look forward to seeing what we all come up with in the coming days/weeks.

Surely a few current home pits will be getting the bsvp upgrade

Trigger?

has anyone combined those export.lua files yet :D

Mnemonic, i noticed when using the editor, which is great by the way and more than adequate,

the gauges seem to have a point of origin, say around 12 inches behind the panel,

causing the instruments to move in an arc.

it's most noticeable when moving the adi around, to the outer edges of your bsvp window.

you can see the blue pitch ladder behind the adi

would it be possible to move this reference point further back to reduce this effect?

Edited by G3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imagine this with the bsvp client pc running 2 screens with bsvp spread/spanned/extended across both.

(the above depending on your os/videocard combination)

picture one screen either side of the abris and shkval, allowing you to place the egt,

turbine and fuel gauges to the right of centre, next to the abris.

the remainder on the left hand side next to shkval as it is in the real pit,

oh yeah this really is going to be something.

:thumbup: Just what about I was thinking regarding your photos... And even mixing it with TouchPAL or TouchBuddy... again lua editing...

being patient, exchanging our respective knowledges and experience, we will have it !

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46582

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

Very Nice

Lets get some instructions posted someday on how to get this up and running is a few hours. THANKS!!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

This is great! Thanks a lot for your hard work on this...

1) I noticed that the Long. and Lat. Deviation lines on the HSI don't seem to work. I tested them in hover mode and after trimming and re-centering the lines I drifted away from my hover point and in the game it showed the lines moving, but the BSVD HSI gauge did not.

2) Also, when I drag the window to my second monitor and press Alt-Enter to go fullscreen with the app it goes back to the main monitor, not the one I dragged it to. It changes the resolution on the main monitor to 640x480 (the size of my other monitor) and changes the other monitor to 1920x1200 (the size of my main monitor). In short, it seems to swap the resolutions and jump to the other (main) monitor. So, the fullscreen feature running locally isn't useful.

Thanks again!

Snacko

@emenance: I just found this an hour ago and had it up and running in 10 minutes on my second monitor. Very easy to setup and use. Instructions are here:

Installation:

Download BSVP v.1.1

Extract archive with BSVP to place where you want to launch it

Put scripts (Export.lua, config.lua) to "...Ka-50\Config\Export" folder, dont forget to backup your original scripts first!

(see above link for network setup)

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

1) I noticed that the Long. and Lat. Deviation lines on the HSI don't seem to work. I tested them in hover mode and after trimming and re-centering the lines I drifted away from my hover point and in the game it showed the lines moving, but the BSVD HSI gauge did not.

Hi! They are not working yet, I will add them later for sure! :)

2) Also, when I drag the window to my second monitor and press Alt-Enter to go fullscreen with the app it goes back to the main monitor, not the one I dragged it to. It changes the resolution on the main monitor to 640x480 (the size of my other monitor) and changes the other monitor to 1920x1200 (the size of my main monitor). In short, it seems to swap the resolutions and jump to the other (main) monitor. So, the fullscreen feature running locally isn't useful.

Yeah, that's my fault, will fix this in next version.

I am trying to run BSVP on 1 computer with 2 screens. I have BSVP showing on my left screen with BS running on my right screen. I have not edited the export.lua file in BSVP yet. When BSVP shows up on my left screen, it says "disconnected" and when I press the Z key it says "Cleint 0*******0". Should I edit the export file with my IP address using IPConfig?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am trying to run BSVP on 1 computer with 2 screens. I have BSVP showing on my left screen with BS running on my right screen. I have not edited the export.lua file in BSVP yet. When BSVP shows up on my left screen, it says "disconnected" and when I press the Z key it says "Cleint 0*******0". Should I edit the export file with my IP address using IPConfig?

I did the same exact setup this morning.

You don't need to edit any files. Just backup the export.lua and config.lua and copy the ones that come with BSVP in their place. Make sure to put the Profile in the My Documents/TouchPal folder so TP can find it. Then start the game up. Then it should say Connected when you start to actually fly. When I unpaused my missions it changed to connected and started working.

In his setup instructions he also states that if it does not work you may need to configure your firewall. I have a firewall and av running and it worked fine.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

You stated that " Make sure to put the Profile in the My Documents/TouchPal folder so TP can find it." I was not running BSVP with TP. I was running BSVP alone and in BS, I used the standard one monitor configuration. Could you please explain all this to me.

Yes, I am starting BSVP first.

BTW, I could never get DD's Touchbuddy to work and am having some problems with TouchPal so I wanted to just use BSVP for now.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Oops yea, sorry my bad! I was playing with TouchPal today as well, and that was from TouchPal..

You do not need to do anything with any TouchPal folder in My Documents Sorry for the confusion.

Here are the instructions that I followed and it worked the first time:

Installation

---------------

1) Download BSVP v.1.1

http://3dvrm.com/bsvp/

2) Extract archive with BSVP to place where you want to launch it

3) Put scripts (Export.lua, config.lua) to "...Ka-50\Config\Export" folder, dont forget to backup your original scripts first!

If you want to launch BSVP from remote PC then please, in file "Export.lua" change line

[host = host or "localhost"]

to something like

[host = host or "192.168.0.100"]

where specify your remote PC IP adress, as always take care of your firewalls.

Launch BSVP

--------------------

Launch DCS Black Shark (start some single misson, in multiplayer - server must turn on export capabilities)

"Disconnected" message will change to "DCS Connected", if not re-check your firewall setings, and IP's in Export.lua

If everything is fine - BSVP working as it should be and you can press [shift + M] to turn off textual overlay

Hotkeys

------------

Toggle [shift + M] to hide or show textual overlay in BSVP

[shift + Esc] to exit BSVP

Toggle [Alt + Enter] to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode

Toggle [Ctrl + J] to turn on/off camera G-motion

Toggle [shift + E] for edit/view modes

While in edit mode you can move gauges as you wish, scroll mouse vhile pressing to scale gauge

In edit mode [shift + Backspace] to restore default gauges positions

[Ctrl + S] to save layout to "C:\bsvp.ini"

[Ctrl + L] to load layout (once created layout will be loaded automatically on each BSVP start)

Toggle [Z] to show/hide technical info that could be useful for solving issues

All I did was follow steps 1, 2, and 3 and it worked with 2 monitors on my pc. I am not using the network setup.

Edited by Snacko

In the immortal words of Young Frankenstein, "It's alive." This time I used full screen and BSVP worked fine. Some day I will get Touchpal or Touch Buddy to work. But for now, I am grateful for little things.

Did you get TB or TP to work today?

Nice job!

I posted an Export.lua file which will drive both BSVP 1.1 and TouchPal in the TouchPal thread for those interested.

A few requests:

1) Can you give an options to run with out title bar so we can run it "full screen" on a secondary monitor?

2) You should probably only trap keys when BSVP has focus. While I'm typing in chat or IM I keep toggling settings in BSVP especially since you've used very common keystrokes (Shift+E, Shift M and Z).

• Like 1

Ack! I just noticed another bug with Virtual Panel. It messes with my joystick configuration!

When Virtual Panel is running my G940 turns on the center spring forces. This prevents the Black Shark trimmer from working. As soon as I close Virtual Panel the joystick snaps to the trimmed position.

Would it be possible to display the ABRIS and the SHKVAL screens too?

Yep :). Here's a composite image of my setup:

4ScreenCombo.jpg

The forward view is running on a projector with a 6ft screen, the Shkval is on a second monitor and the ABRIS, LWS, EKRAN, warning lights, Datalink, CMS, weapons panel, targetting panel, nav keypad, autopilot, lights, heat and view controls are all running on a third (touch) screen thanks to TouchPal.

Then I have BSVP running on a second PC (which has a metal panel with holes cut out for the gauges in front of the monitor) displaying the G-meter, VSI, EGT, radar altimeter, speedometer, ADI, engine RPM, rotor RPM, altimeter, HSI, fuel, rotor pitch, landing gear, master caution and RPM warning lights.

Thanks to the combined export.lua, I've just flown my first flight with every component fully functional and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a flight sim so much -if my grin gets any wider, there's a real risk the top of my head might fall off :).

I'd like to thank both Gadroc and Mnemonic for all their hard work on TouchPal and BSVP -it's been a pleasure working with you guys. I think it's really great that, thanks to the internet, people from Russia, the USA and the UK (who would probably have never had the opportunity to meet in real life) can work together to make something so cool :).

Cheers,

DD

P.S. Due to a slight difference between the English and Russian versions of Black Shark, the BSVP gauge lights in the previously posted combined export.lua only work properly with the Russian version of the sim. If you're using the English version, then use this export.lua instead.

Edited by DickDastardly
  • Like 1

this thread really belongs in the controller and cockpit building section...

Outstanding work. This allows me to finally get out of the limbo of deciding how to run my front panels of the cockpit.

Any chance the EKRAN, SAI and three right guages will be added?

Ok, there is always one little git that says "brilliant - but could you do this?"

Im sorry but that person is me today. This program is a gift from above and will save a fortune in cockpit hardware. BUT, would it be possable to include the annunciator panel on the screen (or have an option for it) as well.

This would mean that i wouldnt have to spend £60 on an IO card and LED's. and i could finally alt-F1 that cockpit display.

I think this would also be very usefull to other people like myself.

Before i go, i again just want to say that this is am amazing program and we are all very lucky to have the developers in this forum.

cheers guys.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

yes it is possible

but work is not already done

if you study export.lua from Oakes pit (look at his thread here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36689)

you will find in his project (there is a link somewhere on the linked pages) in his export.lua all necessary stuff

then you have to edit BSVP export.lua, and from looking at the other export.lua from Oakes project, to build a mix between the two ones

then you will have to edit xml file from BSVP config file

to add your own buttons (graphic work to do or to copy from a touchbuddy profile)

and program these ones accordingly with the modified export.lua

some hours of work for sure, but it is possible !

EDIT : post number 44 updated

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

looking really good DD,

SIMply a wonderful setup :)

here is another of my test configurations:

laptop @ 1280x800 with second screen @ 1024x1280 with touchpal + abris/shkval and BSVP below

all playing nicely, it's a beautiful thing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=33237&stc=1&d=1257778900

we know with crazy monitor setups win7/dcs crashes.

i took this screenshot by pressing print screen key (SysRq)

when win7/dcs bs crashes, just hit the windows key

start paint, paste, resize as required and save.

thanks again to all involved for making this possible.

282130925_tpbsvpworking.jpg.6dd2f93f862bbcb39c00197fefc8d4b1.jpg

Edited by G3
  • Like 1