Ground Crew not responding?

Icarus1976

Hi everyone,

couldn't find anything related to my issue in the search and I went over the first 10 pages of this forum.

Here's my problem, if anyone had this, please help me out.

In the last flash sale (July 31st) I got the Sabre along with the 109 K4.

Everything went well in the first try of both planes. But now when I'm trying to get ground power nobody is responding anymore. My first landing didn't go too well, so I thought maybe the chief is mad at me. ;)

I'm having the same problem with the K4 which makes me believe this might be a DCS World issue? Haven't tried any other plane or helo for this.

Help?! Please!

Icarus1976

Edited by Icarus1976

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

You've pretty much got it there - the airfield you want to contact groundcrew on has to be on your side (i.e. marked as an ally in the ME).

I think it also has to have certain resources available - don't know if that has changed.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

You've pretty much got it there - the airfield you want to contact groundcrew on has to be on your side (i.e. marked as an ally in the ME).

I think it also has to have certain resources available - don't know if that has changed.

Ok, here's what I did.

Base is Kobuleti and even when I change the bullseye (which I believe to be the marker for what side you're on) and put the factions to the according side (red in my case) it really doesn't matter.

To make it short, the country of my choice is in the right color and the bullseye set directly on the Kobuleti Base. No effect.

Then again, I am a total noob with the mission editor. :music_whistling:

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

• ED Team

ignore the bullseye for now it has no effect on the airfield.

Make sure the mission you are flying the airfield you want to refuel or rearm at is on the same side as you. you can do this by checking in the editor or the f10 map by clicking on the airfield. Alternatively make sure a friendly ground unit is at the airfield of choice, as the unit will claim that airfield for your side.

If you attach the mission or a track file to your post here we can check it for you.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

I'll test it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 years later...

Hi I'm trying to make a little private bombing range where I can learn how to use my weapons in peace. I'd like to make it where I can RTB and re-arm and just head back out. So when I start at the airfield cold and dark the ground crew is available and responds. When I RTB and land the option is no longer in the comms menu. As a matter of fact the instant the plane moves the option disappears. I followed the above instructions but no good. Can someone please help? I included the miz file. Thank you. SOLVED THANK YOU AND SORRY!!!! I am dumb and didnt understand what return to parent menu meant.

bombing practice.miz

Edited by Jonnie2Bad

Nobody likes me because I'm unsafe.