** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

Any fixes yesterday? ED's changelog again has no HB list...

Actually i think there was an important fix about radar yesterday. All those target reflex dots on the radar are somehow blurred, which were pretty clear before. Especially for the airborne intercept mission, it was pretty easy to tell the difference between the target dots and ground clutter, but now it is really hard to distinguish them. Same thing to the naval detection. Now it seems that I need to adjust the radar gain to get the same effect as before.

I get there is a huge focus on the F-14 right now, but it would be nice to see the Viggen actually finished as promised.

There's talks about 2 full campaigns with their stories already fleshed out for the F-14 already, and we still don't have any word on the Viggen campaign, or what it is.

Kneeboards still don't work, Manual is unfinished, BK90 still doesn't work in MP, ELINT doesn't seem to be working properly (I could be doing it wrong, but following the guides, things are not showing up as they are supposed to).

For 2018 being the "Year of the Viggen", this is very much a let down.

I do think the work that has been done on the Viggen is fantastic, but I am getting to the point where it feels to me that this will never leave "early access".

Seems a bit unfair to me when we already got some important fixes for the Viggen and improvements this year. In particular the accuracy problems were tackled and are still target of current improvements.

The campaign is there already. Not comparable to the DLC campaigns but it's good and fun.

2018 is not even half way through, still plenty of time for improvements.

Seems a bit unfair to me when we already got some important fixes for the Viggen and improvements this year. In particular the accuracy problems were tackled and are still target of current improvements.

The campaign is there already. Not comparable to the DLC campaigns but it's good and fun.

2018 is not even half way through, still plenty of time for improvements.

Not fully unfair...

What we often see with DCS (not only Heatblur) is that once they start on a new project, the old ones are getteng much less attention an takes painstakingly long time to get finished and "hangs" in their beta state almost forever.

It´s fully understandable that dev's not needed on a project moves on to the next project. But it´s not fair if developers, who still have work on a module that has been released for early acces and still isn´t at release state, doesn´t finish thier job on those modules for which they allready got payment.

Thats actually what frustrates me the most with DCS - too much focus on new modules, rather than finishing older ones.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

..Thats actually what frustrates me the most with DCS - too much focus on new modules, rather than finishing older ones.

Very very same here.

I honestly don't think the level of details put into these modules are financially viable.

It's been 1½ year now and I'm getting tired waiting for 1.0 looking at features getting fixed and broken every other update.

At least I learned something for the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfair? This ain't no charity....

Improving accuracy and a mini campaign are appreciated, but there are a plethora of issues that have been present for just about the entirety of the early access phase.

Yeah, game development is hard, new modules bring in new money, but for all the love Heatblur gets, I don't see them any better than other 3rd party devs that can't keep their promises at this point. Although it's not the intention of the developer, "I feel" ripped off.

Definitely not buying modules in early access ever again.

Unfair? This ain't no charity....

Improving accuracy and a mini campaign are appreciated, but there are a plethora of issues that have been present for just about the entirety of the early access phase.

Yeah, game development is hard, new modules bring in new money, but for all the love Heatblur gets, I don't see them any better than other 3rd party devs that can't keep their promises at this point. Although it's not the intention of the developer, "I feel" ripped off.

Definitely not buying modules in early access ever again.

Same here. However I'll take the F-14 to support Heatblur for both the Viggen and the Tomcat. Didn't even bought the F/A-18 and I will not buy it until fully capable (so in 1 year or more). Tired of this constantly bugged sim. Paid more than 500€ in total, and I can't enjoy what I paid for. It's getting too much. And the prices are higher and higher by the way.

Anyway, It's not the topic ; I hope for a way better accuracy and reliability with rockets and bombs for the release version very soon.

I think - looking at it as objectively as we can considering our inherent bias - we feel that the Viggen is in a very good place currently. Not to dismiss your concerns, quite the contrary, but try to see everything through a relative lens where any missing features or bugs are rather minor relative to the total functionality and value of a product. I think we can safely say that the module is playable, realistic, and (fairly) well polished. We now have a springboard where over the next few months we will correct the last remaining issues and remove the EA tag, hopefully at that point 99.9% of you will be pleased with the level of completion.

There will literally always be bugs and regressions however. If we were targeting a static, stable platform that did not change for a number of years, you'd eventually reach a state where the aircraft would not have any discernable bugs.

It is also important to note that we are simply unable to fix certain issues until they are solved in the core platform. The BK90 has been an excellent example of this, and now we finally have engine level support for spawning submunitions. The task of integrating the new functionality into our Viggen is, however, still a hefty chunk of work and is currently underway.

The kneeboard is fixed and will launch with the next 2.5.X pointpatch.

Weapon inaccuracies are now fully solved and will launch with the next 2.5.X pointpatch.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I think - looking at it as objectively as we can considering our inherent bias - we feel that the Viggen is in a very good place currently. Not to dismiss your concerns, quite the contrary, but try to see everything through a relative lens where any missing features or bugs are rather minor relative to the total functionality and value of a product. I think we can safely say that the module is playable, realistic, and (fairly) well polished. We now have a springboard where over the next few months we will correct the last remaining issues and remove the EA tag, hopefully at that point 99.9% of you will be pleased with the level of completion.

There will literally always be bugs and regressions however. If we were targeting a static, stable platform that did not change for a number of years, you'd eventually reach a state where the aircraft would not have any discernable bugs.

It is also important to note that we are simply unable to fix certain issues until they are solved in the core platform. The BK90 has been an excellent example of this, and now we finally have engine level support for spawning submunitions. The task of integrating the new functionality into our Viggen is, however, still a hefty chunk of work and is currently underway.

Weapon inaccuracies are now fully solved and will launch with the next 2.5.X pointpatch.

Does this also count the RB-15F inability to set Bx6-9 via radar ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

When can we expect the correct operation of the parking brakes?

Problem unresolved over year.

Parking brake is not an advanced military system ;-)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183011

Edited by gcze

The problem with the Viggen are not really big huge show stopper bugs, but many rather small issues like the parking brake not working, or the waypoint issue with the RB15 that makes the Viggen seem rather unfinished sometimes. And these are often things that neither require core engine work nor are they caused by engine changes. The bug subforum has quite a lot of bug reports that are not addressed yet.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The problem with the Viggen are not really big huge show stopper bugs, but many rather small issues like the parking brake not working, or the waypoint issue with the RB15 that makes the Viggen seem rather unfinished sometimes. And these are often things that neither require core engine work nor are they caused by engine changes. The bug subforum has quite a lot of bug reports that are not addressed yet.

I agree - and those are usually the hardest to work through (all of them, that is).

We've just been focused on the truly big, complex, difficult stuff - like weapon accuracies.

I don't imagine we'll remove the EA tag later this year without all of those small issues being squared away.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

I agree - and those are usually the hardest to work through (all of them, that is).

We've just been focused on the truly big, complex, difficult stuff - like weapon accuracies.

Makes sense, and I agree with you that the Viggen looks pretty mature in this regard by now. It's pretty much just that list of small issues that is left to do (and the update of the manual ;)), before the EA tag can be removed rightly so :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Several campaigns and missions including:

• Caucasus campaign*
  • Mini NTTR DACT campaign*
  • Mini Caucasus introduction campaign.*
  • Instant action and single player missions.

Any word on any of the campaigns? I believe the only one we've got so far is the mini Caucasus Introduction Campaign.

It may not seem important as flight modeling and weapons systems, but it's significant to me, as I don't really play much multiplayer.

Great news for weapons inaccuracies and kneeboard ! Thanks !

Omnirock : I would rather like to see the devs working mainly on systems for my part. But they will do as they want, it's their project.

If I can suggest you a little thing : lack of dynamic campaign is a pain in the a** for DCS, but there are already quit a lot of missions for different aircrafts. I have the A-10A/C and the Frogfoots in mind. Maybe you can open the first mission of one of their campaigns on the ME and modify it slightly to fly them with the Viggen on different objectives...

Edited by Jowen G. Bruère-Dawson

Changelog for the new 2.5.2 PG Beta patch:

- Fix to memory corruption issue causing inoperable HUD/ADI and other systems

- Fix to issue where flight plan speed would be ignored if force speed was set

- Fixes to auto trim and pitch stabilization

- Corrected Kneeboard, map is now visible

- Added missing image to NAV - tutorial mission

- Fix to TILS system when flying fast

- Corrections to rocket CCIP sight accuracy.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Thanks for the changelog! Really appreciate it! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Btw, what's the status on the new BK90? It has not been released yet, right?

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Changelog for the new 2.5.2 PG Beta patch:

- Fix to memory corruption issue causing inoperable HUD/ADI and other systems

- Fix to issue where flight plan speed would be ignored if force speed was set

- Fixes to auto trim and pitch stabilization

- Corrected Kneeboard, map is now visible

- Added missing image to NAV - tutorial mission

- Fix to TILS system when flying fast

- Corrections to rocket CCIP sight accuracy.

That’s all great! Can I ask, why do these things not appear in the main ED changelog post?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

That’s all great! Can I ask, why do these things not appear in the main ED changelog post?

But they do.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |