The Enemy Within 3.0

Hey guys,

Exactly 3 years ago the original “Enemy Within” campaign was published by ED - the first 3rd party DLC for DCS World. Happy to share the news that the new version, “Enemy Within 3.0” is ready and should be released pretty soon (although I do not know the exact date yet).

I felt that the old version was pretty old by current DCS (and Baltic Dragon) standards so I took it, rewritten almost all of the scripts and dialogues from scratch, shifted things around, reworked almost all of the missions and enemies you encounter, removed 3 sorties I liked least and replaced them with 3 brand new ones, included more than 2100 VOs… and am very happy with the end result.

More info on my Facebook page.

Campaign review on mudspike.com.

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT

A play-through of one of the missions from the new campaign:

MISSION 1 DEMO: adding a free version of first mission to download and check. If you've played the campaign, you will notice the differences. If you didn't - you'll get a glimpse of what to expect. Enjoy!

OFFICIAL TRAILER

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news and thank you for the effort.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

wow, that's great news! Your campaign is what kept me hooked to DCS when I was new and just started out. I dont know how often I tried 'this one mission...' Im sure you know which one I mean ;)

It felt like such an achievement when I finally made that one, good times!

I think that one mission will still be pretty entertaining, I tried not to spoil that which was already good. There will just be more comms and an additional surprise :)

Ob, bummer, I do not have luck with this campaign.

I downloaded the first version while it was free, but before I got to play it, my hard drive crashed. After reinstallation to ssd, the campaign was not available anymore. All the praise of this campaign mame me buy the second version of it, but that was during DCS 2.0 times, so I waited for proper merged DCS 2.5, but then the deferred shading made the A10 cockpit look ugly and the new caucasus map put more strain on my hardware. ED announced the cockpit would be upgraded, so I waited a bit more. And here we are with third version on the horizon and I still did not even had a taste of the campaign... :-D

Do you think ED would exchange me version 3 for version 2? They can check the starforce servers that my 2.0 copy was not even installed yet.

Hi Baltic Dragon,

first of all: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Thank you very much!

And of course, the 1 Million Question: Do we get the Update still in 2018 or do we have to wait to 2019?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Cool thing, thanks! Aged or not, still my favourite!

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

I just bought the version 2 of the campaign but I'm not even bummed about it if I have to buy it again. Firstly, it seems super well made and interesting (I played 2-3 missions of it before I heard version 3 is coming so I started waiting for it) - and if there's something that is cheap in DCS, it's the campaigns. At least all campaigns I have purchased so far have been great value.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Ob, bummer, I do not have luck with this campaign.

I downloaded the first version while it was free, but before I got to play it, my hard drive crashed. After reinstallation to ssd, the campaign was not available anymore. All the praise of this campaign mame me buy the second version of it, but that was during DCS 2.0 times, so I waited for proper merged DCS 2.5, but then the deferred shading made the A10 cockpit look ugly and the new caucasus map put more strain on my hardware. ED announced the cockpit would be upgraded, so I waited a bit more. And here we are with third version on the horizon and I still did not even had a taste of the campaign... :-D

Do you think ED would exchange me version 3 for version 2? They can check the starforce servers that my 2.0 copy was not even installed yet.

LOL, that's bad luck indeed! No way to tell that, you'd have to contact the customer support... the new version will cost less than the original one, and I honestly don't know.

Hi Baltic Dragon,

first of all: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Thank you very much!

And of course, the 1 Million Question: Do we get the Update still in 2018 or do we have to wait to 2019?

I think beginning of 2019, all in ED's hands and I don't know their release plans.

Do we have to buy the campaign again to get access to the new version if we already have it, or will it update to the new version?

It will be paid, as content-wise (or mission-wise, but not story-wise if it makes sense) this is basically a completely different campaign with longer development time than the original. Still, as an update, it will be cheaper than the legacy version (which in fact won't really be a legacy as I will keep supporting it).

I just bought the version 2 of the campaign but I'm not even bummed about it if I have to buy it again. Firstly, it seems super well made and interesting (I played 2-3 missions of it before I heard version 3 is coming so I started waiting for it) - and if there's something that is cheap in DCS, it's the campaigns. At least all campaigns I have purchased so far have been great value.

Glad to hear you're OK with that. I know there will be people who will not want to buy it, and that is why I want to support the old version too. As I said before, this update took more time and work then the original, but I think it will be worth its price for 21 missions (including 3 that are completely new).

Edited by baltic_dragon

As a tester, I've seen most of the new missions (didn't have time to go through all of them yet myself, but the tester team for the campaign has been very busy!) and I think you'll all like what's coming. I'm certainly biased, so don't take my word for it, but IMHO the campaign is even more fluid and immersive now than it was ever before (and I've been around since the very first demo, which had voice overs from text-to-speech engines). :thumbup:

The amount of work that went into this new version is pretty crazy. I don't think more than a handful of VOs was taken over from the previous version, the rest is newly recorded, with some old and many new voice actors. Plus, all of the missions were thoroughly looked at, common problems were addressed, many, many triggers were changed and some surprises... well, can't really get into detail there. ;)

I'm really looking forward to your feedback once the new version is available. :thumbup:

Missed EW the first time around but lately I have been picking up the DLC campaigns-- glad I saw this before I bought what will soon be the legacy EW. Looking forward to being a customer once the update drops!

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Sadly yes.

I've just bought the campaign yesterday and now im reading news about 3.0 version beeing a new paid one.

Sorry to said that but not buying it again. I understand the changes, work and time to revamp the campaign and i agree that this should be paid by new customers, not for former ones that supported in the past.

Im not looking for everyone to agree with me, is just my opinion but this new paid decision for former owners is moving me away from buying more campaigns in the future.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Sadly yes.

I've just bought the campaign yesterday and now im reading news about 3.0 version beeing a new paid one.

Sorry to said that but not buying it again. I understand the changes, work and time to revamp the campaign and i agree that this should be paid by new customers, not for former ones that supported in the past.

Im not looking for everyone to agree with me, is just my opinion but this new paid decision for former owners is moving me away from buying more campaigns in the future.

I will keep supporting the legacy version for those who don't want to play the new one.

Sadly yes.

Like you I bought the previous one, but on the autumn sale for $5 and I haven`t played it yet. For that money its peanuts. You can always wait to pick up 3.0 when it comes on sale in due course. You can hardly expect the man to revamp it for nothing.

Maybe Baltic should have been cuter and just named it something else, then people wouldn`t have known any better, possibly a lesson for the next one.

Edited by Zoomer

I think your point Baltic and Zoomer is fair.

And i even agree with both your points of view. Really is not because the money, 5$ is not enough to compensate thousands hours of editing ( im also a very limited editor for my Squad).

But the feelings buying the campaign two days ago and knowing about the new one yesterday beeing a payed one, were mixed between disappointing and self guilty because not searching enough info before buying.

Anyway ive reconsider myself the situation and willing to continue support your work in the future.

Thanks BD.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4