Favorite load-out?

zakobi

+1

Sometimes switch out the GBUs for dumb bombs/CBUs depending on target. Never fly with the sort of insane WWIII loads you often see people carry. High speed, low drag, it's the way forwards.

Yeah depending on TGT I normally drop Mavs first. But for the most part rarely alter from that loadout by more than two bombs.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite loadout:

3XGBU-31

3XMk-84

6XMk-82

6XMaverick

1X TGP

75% fuel

I'd gladly replace some of those dumb bombs with LGBs, but LGBs are incapable of hitting the broadside of a barn. I'm actually better off with dumb bombs, especially with moving targets. Desperately waiting for beta 4.

And yes, I'm severely overweight, but I can still take off :)

Thats not even a possible loadout..........

Oh really, I must be hallucinating then...

attachment.php?attachmentid=45579&stc=1&d=1292170463

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Yes, you must be. You cannot mount anything on the center pylon without eclipsing the other two and vice-versa IIRC.

In addition, at least IIRC, pylons 2 and 10 cannot support a 2000lbs bomb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah, i remember that too. Additionally, i'm not sure if they even are 1760 compliant.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Yes, you must be. You cannot mount anything on the center pylon without eclipsing the other two and vice-versa IIRC.

Then would you care to elaborate why I was able to load out as I show in that screenshot? Because obviously, I did, no matter what you claim. Is this something that hasn't been corrected yet?

Or is this a case of something that is possible but is never done? If so, I already knew that- there's no way they'd stack so much crap on it IRL. But hey, it's fun :)

This is certainly a legal loadout in beta 3, this is the default loadout in a multiplayer mission quite a few people in my squad have flown.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Lua scripts and mods:

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Something that hasn't been corrected in your beta.

Well then, if so, I'll just keep enjoying my 3XGBU-31, 3XMk-84, 6XMk-82, 6XMaverick, 1X TGP, 75% fuel until/if it gets "fixed".

After all, the question is not what is our favorite load out in the real A-10C, it's what is our favorite load out in the beta :thumbup:

Edited by Speed

Lua scripts and mods:

Oh really, I must be hallucinating then...

attachment.php?attachmentid=45579&stc=1&d=1292170463

Ok wow so thats 22,500 lbs of muns at take-off. How sluggish is the Hawg with that load?

@GG and Sobek Stations 1,2,10, and 11 can not support 2000lbs bombs. They only have 14 inch racks that can support up to 1000 lbs IRC. Also they are 1760 complaint as the TGP uses 1760 but they most definatly are not 1760 complaint for JDAM.

@speed yeah in R/L its not possible at all. First off 4 mavs is max due to restrictions on the in board lau-88 stations. Most 84s you will take is 2 but mostly 1. Also what do you need that much stuff for? Do you miss alot or just dont like your wingmen helping? Also dont take this the wrong way but does your squadron strive for realism or arcade style play? Anyway I'll admit i was wrong about the loadout. I guess you can do it...in game.

@GG its good to know that the Loadouts will be fixed. Do you know what the plan on having on each station? I was going to make a post about it. The weapons system is one thing I know inside and out on the A-10. So its the first problems I notice when Im flying.

@speed yeah in R/L its not possible at all. First off 4 mavs is max due to restrictions on the in board lau-88 stations. Most 84s you will take is 2 but mostly 1. Also what do you need that much stuff for? Do you miss alot or just dont like your wingmen helping? Also dont take this the wrong way but does your squadron strive for realism or arcade style play? Anyway I'll admit i was wrong about the loadout. I guess you can do it...in game.

I've seen them carry 6 mavs but only to fairy them from locations I've never seen it for an actual mission, if I remember correctly at one time the inboard rails are not used because they burn the wheel pod....

I've seen them carry 6 mavs but only to fairy them from locations I've never seen it for an actual mission, if I remember correctly at one time the inboard rails are not used because they burn the wheel pod....

That is correct sir! The rubber has a tendency to get a bit hot when that mav come off the rail!

From page 1:

Actually 6 is technical max, but the crew chief will hate you for the charred wheel mounts and cooked in grease in his lube points. Angry crew chief = unhappy pilot.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 2 months later...

sorry for stirring up this old threat. just to check:

1. is it correct that no ordnance can be loaded to station 6 anymore? shouldn't i be able to load a mk84 if i leave 5 and 7 empty? (for whatever crazy reason i would have to do that)

2. why can't i load rockeyes on the A-10C? considered obsolete? missing in beta?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

2. why can't i load rockeyes on the A-10C? considered obsolete? missing in beta?

Rockeyes have been abandoned from usage and are currently replaced by CBU :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Rockeyes have been abandoned from usage and are currently replaced by CBU :)

thats sad, they've been my fav with falcon.

any word on performances of CBU 87 CEM vs. CBU 97 hockey skeets enganging tank columns?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats sad, they've been my fav with falcon.

any word on performances of CBU 87 CEM vs. CBU 97 hockey skeets enganging tank columns?

Check this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=66930&highlight=rockeyes

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

What word would you like? You have all 200,000 words of the english language to choose from. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It kind of seems there tends to be extremes in basic loadout. Some prefer loading it to the max with a whole range of weapons, where others prefer a much leaner load.

I prefer making it as light as possible. Generally gun, 2x mav for short range anti air if they are about, pod, ecm and the bare minimum in bombs.

If doing FAC online then it is just a gun, fuel tank, pod, ecm and marking/illum rockets if needed. The illum dispenser is handy sometimes.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

What word would you like? You have all 200,000 words of the english language to choose from. :D

like that kind of work who prefers which for what reason. I still have some trouble in choosing my ordnance. i prefer CCIP cluster bombs for tanks but not so successfully in dcs:w so far. (mavs always work nicely)

most people seem to prefer GBU. should help in more difficult situations (wind, AAA) but for now i would like to get some routine in dumb bomb dropping

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, for heavy armour (Main Battle Tanks) CBU-97/105 should be your first choice. If your target is soft/light armour (trucks/troops/APCs etc) then CBU-87/103 would be the best option.

As to their effectiveness in the sim, well you'll have to wait and see, I've got some CBUs to drop. :megalol::pilotfly:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

sorry for stirring up this old threat. just to check:

1. is it correct that no ordnance can be loaded to station 6 anymore? shouldn't i be able to load a mk84 if i leave 5 and 7 empty? (for whatever crazy reason i would have to do that)

IMHO yes you should be able to load on sta 6. Anything that you can load on 5 and 7 is loadable on 6 with the exception of 1760 munitions. In EDs defense the 2007 -1 may say something different about that but as far as I know sta 6 is loadable.

• 6 years later...

2x AIM9 1x 151 HE 4x MAV 2X GBU-12 1x CBU97 1x CBU87

Sometimes 82-AIRs

TGP + ALQ131

And Brrrrrrrt for sure

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5