T.A.R.G.E.T. & Hog's two stage trigger

Hi guys

I have a very simple desire to set two stage trigger in T.A.R.G.E.T. profile.

If it is relevant, I am creating my profile for IL-2 BOS.

So, if TG1 is pressed and hold, i want my virtual joy to emulate LALT+SPC buttons hold down.

In this even I succeed.

But I am strugling to add another event for TG2 being pressed.

I would like my virtual joy to switch from emulating LALT+SPC buttons hold down to emulating SPC button hold down.

tg1.PNG.b70dd952cfed22bfbe95ffe036ad5f13.PNG

tg2.PNG.dadeba560b77aa4e1b8e5d1191260c44.PNG

And I can't figure it out how can I do it. :joystick:

Can someone help?

The problem is that while TG2 is held, TG1 is also held. Therefore, you’re still holding alt space.

The way to do it is to assign the trigger to directx buttons, then map the buttons in the game config screen. Use DX1 for TG1 and DX6 for TG2.

• Like 1

In fact is not need use TARGET for set this in BoS.

In game controls select "Fire weapon group 1" (usually MG), press the trigger until 1st stage and HOLD there.

Select "Fire weapon group 2 (usually cannons), and press the trigger until second stage, hit OK, release the trigger.

But in game since the 1st stage is not released after fire MG, when the 2nd stage is pressed will fire MG+Cannon.

The dual stage trigger concept don't allow fire MG and Cannons individually - only MG individually and both (or inverted if assigned), the only trigger that allow fire individually and together is Cobra M5 dual trigger.

Edited by Sokol1_br

The problem is that while TG2 is held, TG1 is also held. Therefore, you’re still holding alt space.

The way to do it is to assign the trigger to directx buttons, then map the buttons in the game config screen. Use DX1 for TG1 and DX6 for TG2.

Thanks a lot!

Using DX buttons this works!

In pure BoS I was assigning canons to Master Mode button.

And TG1/TG2 were used to fire MGs/All guns.

It worked like Sokol1_br describes.

But now I want to move to T.A.R.G.E.T. with minimal settings in BoS.

Thank you guys once again!

I agree with Svend. Learning the basics of scripting gives you more options, and is also faster than the GUI. Some of these options include using the MFD and Warthog Throttle LEDs/backlighting, remapping buttons and switches on the fly (allowing for different configurations for different aircraft), and the use of macros (i.e. key and button sequences or arrays). Take a look at the DCS profile in my signature for ideas of what you can do, because you're essentially programming your stick with the C language.

Funny thing: I knew about the Alt-Space/Space "issue" ahead of time because a friend of mine was trying to do exactly the same thing in BoS. I asked him why he didn't just use the DirectX commands for everything and save himself the programming, and it's because he likes to use the boat switch for U/M/D commands. No real arguing with that logic. TARGET may require work, but provides you with a lot of possibilities.