Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

I can confirm, TACVIEW export now works for CVS in command line mode. Thanks for fixing and good job with TacView. A most appreciated software.

My batch file now is working and will export all tacview file in same directory to CVS.

@echo off  rem Export flight logs from telemetry files  for /r %%i in (*) do ( echo Exporting flight log for [%%i]... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stra Software\Tacview\Tacview64.exe" -Open:"%%i" -ExportFlightLog:"%%i.csv" -Quiet -Quit )

Enjoy...:)

Paste in your favorite text edit, change tacview program pointer to suit your system, save as cmd and run.

• Like 1

Great program. I was on a multiplayer server and it recorded and played back great. My trial expired. Went back to the same server but it won't play the file back. says the file type is unsupported. File name: Tacview-20171022-054404-(name of server) v176wt.zip

will i have to buy the standard or pro to open this file? I thought i could at least get some basic data.

thanks.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

G is currently calculated based on aircraft movement. It may be slightly different from the one indicated in the cockpit, but it should be accurate enough in most situations.

I may be able to export the indicated G, but this will depend on each aircraft.

Do you have a specific example in mind? What aircraft are you talking about? Which versions of Tacview are you mentioning?

Regarding telemetry, accuracy of the aircraft load (G) in the past releases was innacurate. Is this still the case?
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Tacview Starter edition should be able to read any data from DCS World without limitation. My guess is that your zip file is corrupted because of a DCS World crash.

If your file is corrupted, you can use DCS World special options -> Tacview to ask the exporter to not compress the data in zip file format so the file should be readable even after a DCS World crash.

Great program. I was on a multiplayer server and it recorded and played back great. My trial expired. Went back to the same server but it won't play the file back. says the file type is unsupported. File name: Tacview-20171022-054404-(name of server) v176wt.zip

will i have to buy the standard or pro to open this file? I thought i could at least get some basic data.

thanks.

Actually it would be nice to be able to set the export interval like it used to be in the old LUA.

In some cases more accurate data is desired, so it would be nice to have control over the overall export interval.

Direct export of parameters would also be great (superior, even) but like you said, might have to write code and test for different aircraft.

While I'm on a roll here, another 'nice to have' would be, if possible, to export the sensor position (ie. where a radar antenna or a pod is pointing) along with the sensor mode (wide, narrow etc) so that we can see what is being 'seen' by a given sensor using a pyramid or cone projection. :D

And ... the pilot's head look angle.

Finally, there used to be a way to import data or merge tacviews ... it would again, be nice to have a feature where I can merge/replace data of an aircraft from one tacview to another, rather than merging the entire tacview. This would import all of the above data, allowing a single tacview to show what everyone's doing with their sensors, what they're locking, etc. Bonus point if rather than merging, this data transfer can be done (and optionally saved/exported locally) via online debrief with no other effort required on the part of the player.

G is currently calculated based on aircraft movement. It may be slightly different from the one indicated in the cockpit, but it should be accurate enough in most situations.

Do you have a specific example in mind? What aircraft are you talking about? Which versions of Tacview are you mentioning?

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The Su-27 was the module I noticed to be 2-3G lower than indicated. This was 3-4 months ago however. I don’t recall if the G reported by tacview for the F-15 or other FC-3 aircraft was accurate.

+1 for the ability to change the time interval.

If I might add to GGTharos wishlist, it’d be wonderful to “batch export” several desired telemetry values at a time to a single csv rather than exporting 2 each time and merging the files. Unless I’m mistaken and this is already possible.

Edited by SinusoidDelta

I just tried the new Beta with media synchronization and it was mind blowing. I'm not familiar with all the features yet but debriefing with synced comms is must have for every team. You just can't imagine living without this feature anymore. Fantastic! :thumbup:

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I have planned to export more telemetry from FC3 aircraft whenever possible. Which means that the G displayed in Tacview will be the same as the ones displayed in your cockpit.

Now, for the export frequency, can you give me more detailed report of the issues you may have noticed? Can you share me some track files and corresponding acmi files and tell me more about the data which are not updated frequently enough?

The current exporter dynamically adjusts the export frequency based on the importance of the corresponding object. For example, the local aircraft is exported at about 8Hz to 10Hz which should be more than enough compared to pilot and aircraft body reaction time.

The new media feature enables you to playback up to four audio/video files synchronized with the telemetry playback (the 3D view).

You can also set audio balance to left or right to physically split multiple audio recordings for example. (e.g. you can playback the blue guys audio on the left speaker and the red guys on the right speaker)

So what are the features of the new media sync exactly?

Tacview Starter edition should be able to read any data from DCS World without limitation. My guess is that your zip file is corrupted because of a DCS World crash.

If your file is corrupted, you can use DCS World special options -> Tacview to ask the exporter to not compress the data in zip file format so the file should be readable even after a DCS World crash.

thank you. it is working now/again. Many, many thanks for this program.

ASUS Z87-PRO, I5-4690K OC to 4.5, 16gb G-Skill, ASUS GTX-970, 3x32" Samsung 1080p TVs, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD, Logitech Extreme 3D, 250Gb Samsung SSD, 2 TB WD Black

The acmi file format has not been changed for months now.

Did you add ReferenceLongitude and ReferenceLatitude to the recorded coordinates to get the final values?

Where can I add this values? Actually I didnt change anything intentionally. But I can look for it.

Because I verify some Rocket-Flightpath and Flightbehavior its very useful to get this real coordinates to do some calculations. In August I got some coordinates like -115.xxx and 35.xxx over NTTR (everything fine), now I get something like 4.5xx and 4.6xx.

The new media feature enables you to playback up to four audio/video files synchronized with the telemetry playback (the 3D view).

You can also set audio balance to left or right to physically split multiple audio recordings for example. (e.g. you can playback the blue guys audio on the left speaker and the red guys on the right speaker)

What update was this added in? I’ve searched back and found nothing. Where can I find info on this feature?

Hi Vyrtuoz,

The short answer is that I'm looking to do some science and I need to control the export frequency. Would it be possible to add a switch that would allow to export at a set frequency overall as opposed to your adaptive algorithm?

In addition, could we get a wider replay speed range (0.25 is not slow enough for some things :) ) or even a frame-by-frame play button backwards/forward.

I have planned to export more telemetry from FC3 aircraft whenever possible. Which means that the G displayed in Tacview will be the same as the ones displayed in your cockpit.

Now, for the export frequency, can you give me more detailed report of the issues you may have noticed? Can you share me some track files and corresponding acmi files and tell me more about the data which are not updated frequently enough?

The current exporter dynamically adjusts the export frequency based on the importance of the corresponding object. For example, the local aircraft is exported at about 8Hz to 10Hz which should be more than enough compared to pilot and aircraft body reaction time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It is not yet possible to switch between magnetic and true heading. I can add the option in the next release.

Where would you like to see the magnetic or the true heading?

Can I switch between Magnetic and True heading in Tacview?

Hi GGTharos,

How slow would you like to be able to playback flights?

Tacview is working with time only, not “frames”. How much time do you think a “frame” should ideally represent?

I would need some samples and concrete examples of data you are currently studying, with an example on how it should look like, so I can better understand your needs. Can you provide me with some files / screenshots / mock-up of the data you are interested in?

Hi Vyrtuoz,

The short answer is that I'm looking to do some science and I need to control the export frequency. Would it be possible to add a switch that would allow to export at a set frequency overall as opposed to your adaptive algorithm?

In addition, could we get a wider replay speed range (0.25 is not slow enough for some things :) ) or even a frame-by-frame play button backwards/forward.

Hi GGTharos,

How slow would you like to be able to playback flights?

Tacview is working with time only, not “frames”. How much time do you think a “frame” should ideally represent?

Whatever your shortest unit of time measurement is. I don't mean to complicate things, 'frame by frame' means whatever the resolution of the recording is :)

I would need some samples and concrete examples of data you are currently studying, with an example on how it should look like, so I can better understand your needs. Can you provide me with some files / screenshots / mock-up of the data you are interested in?

I can certainly give you examples - basic speed-time-position data for an aircraft and missiles are the current need. Just need more precision. Back when you used to have everything in the LUA the recording interval could be adjusted from 1/10th sec to whatever...that's all I want :)

A more concrete, but but bu no means exhaustive example: Studying missile miss-distance. The time resolution for this is often not good enough, and the ack of ability to play frame-by-frame requires visually 'eyeballing' the numbers to get said shortest distance. Which, btw ... would it be able to export that value also - ie. the distance between two objects, the aspect etc ... since you already calculate them :)

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]