DCS: F/A-18C Hornet by Eagle Dynamics

phant

Non vedo l'ora di appicciare i motori di questa poiana.

La cosa strana è che in tutti gli screenshot del cockpit ho come un dejavu, mi sembra che il cockpit sia "corto" (sull'asse longitudinale).

In pratica pare di essere seduti a due spanne dall'hud e dalla strumentazione. O l'hornet ha un hud enorme...

Oppure può essere anche dovuto al fatto che l'ultima volta che ho volato su un f18 era su questo:

hqdefault.jpg

:doh:

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

• 2 weeks later...

Finalmente vedo l'UFC acceso, anche se non tutto

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Hornet Mini-Updates

One of the big elements to get the Hornet to the point we can do a comprehensive cold start has been the Built In Test (BIT) system. Although there is still some tuning to do and some of the BIT elements to complete, the general system is now completed and functional with several options including:

• AUTO BIT
  • SELBIT and pressing BIT Group OSBs on the main BIT page
  • ALL for a selected BIT Group
  • Selecting individual items on a BIT Group using OSBs 1-5 and 11-15

attachment.php?attachmentid=170422&d=1507478246

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

As mentioned earlier, a lot of effort is currently focused on the caution and advisory system. This includes various indicator lights around the cockpit, voice message advisories, and tones. Another element are the advisories that are the displayed in the DDIs with their own set of display logic.

Here is a work in progress on creating the masking areas. Ignore the purple color.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170476&d=1507562573

Bye

Phant

AMVI

While some parts of the team are toiling away on the caution and advisory system, other members have been busy with the Hornet’s navigation system. For the Early Access version, we plan both TACAN and Waypoint steering. Attached you can see a work-in-progress of the TCN system up and running in the game. The guys are now busy with the Waypoint system of navigation.

Having a functional waypoint navigation system is another required aspect of the start up video.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170554&d=1507741283

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Ah finalmente l'UFC acceso, i sistemi iniziano a funzionare.

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

No beh ragazzi, ma ci rendiamo conto della figata che è?

Devo essere sincero, in ogni simulatore di volo il comparto sonoro è sempre stato il punto debole, DCS era già abbastanza avanti ma adesso... sta diventando veramente reale!

This... +1

Although you’ll be starting the Hornet using battery power almost all the time, the ground power electrical bus panel will also functional. However, you’d only really use this during systems tests when you do not want to start up the jet. After requesting external electrical power from the ground crew, you will enable the main external electrical power switch. With external electrical power enabled, you can use the four ground power switches that each controls a separate group of systems/instruments. The control bus for each switch is listed on placard below the DISP button.

I’m discussing this now because I probably won’t touch on this during the Hornet Start Up video.

Work continues on the caution and advisory system.

attachment.php?attachmentid=170839&d=1508347470

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

Today was a big step forward with the advisory and caution system in that we committed it into the rest of the Hornet simulation. Unlike yesteryears when such systems based on simple scripts, the system being created for our Hornet is all being based on all detail simulated sub-systems and all the correct display, clearing, priority logic. While being something that may appear from the outside as rather mundane and simple, it’s been far, far from it. With it now being “live” in the rest of the Hornet simulation, we can begin the process of debugging this complex system. At the same time, this a big step toward completing the sub-systems damage modeling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171157&d=1508967398

Bye

Phant

AMVI

In just 24 hours since the Caution and Advisory system was moved into the simulation, the team has already rocketed through almost half conditions. Here you can see the right engine started, but not the left yet. I’m just waiting on a few key audio elements now before I can get started on the Hornet start up video.

Getting close!

attachment.php?attachmentid=171192&d=1509055962

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Più lo guardo e più penso che quando uscirà disinstallerò tutti gli altri moduli e utilizzerò solo questo :)

Già, mi sa che quando uscirà questo aeroplano praticamente monopolizzerà DCS e tutti gli altri moduli saranno, come dire, offuscati dall' Hornet.

E probabilmente sarò uno dei pochissimi a cui non interessa e che non lo acquisterà....

:thumbup:

Mi dispiace per falco, ma io non vedo l'ora di suonare il clacson dell'f18 :P

Quoto alla grandissima

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Beh ognuno giustamente ha i suoi gusti e relative preferenze, per quanto mi riguarda non ho nulla contro l' Hornet, basta solo che quando uscirà la ED non si "dimentichi" del resto dal momento che DCS non è solo l' F-18.

Poi per me, parafrasando il motto di una celebre azienda produttrice di smartphone, possono fare il modulo "più bello di sempre" che poco mi tange e francamente non vedo alcuna ragione di dispiacermi se contestualmente a questo continuano a curare anche il resto.

:thumbup:

+1