Su-27 blowing tires at take off

Marcast

I've searched the forum and I found something, but honestly I haven't understood if it's a bug.....my tires blow at every take off just before to get airborne, with my Su-27 unloaded. Is there any way to prevent this? I have the FC3 module on DCS 1.5.5

Any chance your brake pedals are still inverted and you're taking off with your brakes applied?

Sorry- it's not as uncommon as you might think.

Su-27 does not have an axis for the brakes, only key/button command.

On your problem: for some reason I've not really suffered from this..., but several from my squad have..

Any chance your brake pedals are still inverted and you're taking off with your brakes applied?

Sorry- it's not as uncommon as you might think.

At first take off I gave power with brakes on (as I do with Su-25T), then I didn't use any brake......what do you mean as inverted brakes? I don't think they were engaged as I was taxing smoothly.

Could it be that you are starting your take-off on rough taxi-way that is inline with the runway?

One of the early A10C missions, sry cant remember which, starts you on such a taxi-way and being impatient, i just powered up and took off. I heard a strange noise and when i checked my undercarriage, found that one of the tyres had popped. I wasn't overspeed, so i guessed that it was the roughness of the taxiway that had caused undue wear on the tyre.

"Guessed" being the key word here

I've searched the forum and I found something, but honestly I haven't understood if it's a bug.....my tires blow at every take off just before to get airborne, with my Su-27 unloaded. Is there any way to prevent this? I have the FC3 module on DCS 1.5.5

Would you please fly a quick takeoff where this happens, save the track file (.TRK) and post it here? Then we can see if, perhaps, you''re doing something that you shouldn't. FWIW, I've never had it happen. My main wheels are usually off the runway by 320 km/hr (I think).

At first take off I gave power with brakes on (as I do with Su-25T), then I didn't use any brake...

I usually do the same. So that's not the source of the problem.

If you are using afterburner for takeoff, try without it and see if that makes a difference. (Without afterburner you have more time to get your wheels off the ground before picking up too much speed (should that be the problem). I usually rotate at between 250 & 280 depending on weight and the mains leave the ground shortly after.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

At first take off I gave power with brakes on (as I do with Su-25T), then I didn't use any brake......what do you mean as inverted brakes? I don't think they were engaged as I was taxing smoothly.

The default pedal axis is inverted for some models of rudder pedals. This means you're applying full brakes without touching them, and when you apply pedals it turns off the brakes.

Fixed by checking the "invert" box in axis setup.

These are two tracks. Tonight I succeded only once in taking off with undamaged tires, but I really don't know what I made different :). I also tried a couple of times without afterburner, but the take off run is much longer and tires blow off the same.

It looks like the tires blow off at around 320 kmh, but my plane takes off much over 400 kmh, which really seems too much, I must make something wrong. I also tested the Mig-29S without any problem.

By the way, isn't it possible to see the airfield number in the Su-27 and Mig-29 when cycling them in navigation RTB mode?

Su27TO.trk

Su27TOa.trk

Edited by Marcast

The Mig-29 sill has the simple flight model (SFM), while the Flanker has the professional flight model (PFM).

In the Flanker, you should rotate at 270 km/h for a successful takeoff.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

These are two tracks. Tonight I succeded only once in taking off with undamaged tires, but I really don't know what I made different :). I also tried a couple of times without afterburner, but the take off run is much longer and tires blow off the same.

It looks like the tires blow off at around 320 kmh, but my plane takes off much over 400 kmh, which really seems too much, I must make something wrong. I also tested the Mig-29S without any problem...

Viewed your tracks and you're doing what I thought you might be doing.

I can tell that you're a gentle soul who likes his ground crew and doesn't want to break their airplane. So you're pulling back gently on the stick, when it's time to rotate. So gently, in fact, that you're not rotating your nose wheel off the ground until around 350 km/hr or later. And, by then, bad things are happening.

Pull back on the stick with authority! :) Your don't have enough speed for half measures. Just be ready to recenter the stick as soon as your nose wheel starts to lift.

Attached are two tracks with the Controls Position Indicator (RCtrl+ENTER) pulled up so you can see what my stick does. The first is your own track edited to allow me to hot start from parking so you don't have to wait for the engines to spool up. The second is altered for a somewhat lighter aircraft as well, so you can see the difference in behavior with the same stick movement.

EDIT:

By the way, isn't it possible to see the airfield number in the Su-27 and Mig-29 when cycling them in navigation RTB mode?

No. You have to look down at the HDD while cycling to see which airfield you're selecting.

Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

As a matter of fact, used cars from me have always been a great deal :). I'll test tonight the tough way.

:) Just be ready to push the stick forward again to stop the rotation. Otherwise you'll have a tail strike. Then the problem becomes: I keep breaking my tail during takeoff....

_____